What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

4 hours ago, Gedh said:

Bungee cords can be a mare. Ratchet straps or industrial cling film work well.

Clingfilm's all well and good (apart from the obvious single use plastic connotations) but wait until you're selected to be searched and it's all ripped off before you're through the gate.

12 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Clingfilm's all well and good (apart from the obvious single use plastic connotations) but wait until you're selected to be searched and it's all ripped off before you're through the gate.

Good point but it is easier to wrap up again in the disorganized state afterward than be calm and stack it for bungees. I agree about the plastic too, was wondering about that. But you do see a lot of peeps with stuff falling off everywhere as they hadn't realised how far and how rough it can be trekking in.

9 minutes ago, Gedh said:

Good point but it is easier to wrap up again in the disorganized state afterward than be calm and stack it for bungees. I agree about the plastic too, was wondering about that. But you do see a lot of peeps with stuff falling off everywhere as they hadn't realised how far and how rough it can be trekking in.

I use bungees and have never had a problem. You just need lots of them :)

There is always the danger you let go of one and take your eye out, but it's a risk I can live with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

There is always the danger you let go of one and take your eye out, but it's a risk I can live with.

So this eye injury, why did you wait five days to be seen?

Well it was like this...?️??

Edited by Gedh
  • Upvote 1

Started the slow, emotionally draining process of accepting that my ability to walk is impaired, and might be even worse by June. 

I ordered one of these today and I'll spend the rest of the day feeling sorry for myself and stuffing myself with chocolate until is gin-o-clock. Tomorrow I'll move on, will pimp-it-up with a bunch of led lights, and I will stay positive and hope this is all I'll need to bimble around the farm. 

61NFiYeK76L._SL1200_.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gabi_says said:

Started the slow, emotionally draining process of accepting that my ability to walk is impaired, and might be even worse by June. 

I ordered one of these today and I'll spend the rest of the day feeling sorry for myself and stuffing myself with chocolate until is gin-o-clock. Tomorrow I'll move on, will pimp-it-up with a bunch of led lights, and I will stay positive and hope this is all I'll need to bimble around the farm. 

61NFiYeK76L._SL1200_.jpg

Hope you have a great time and that a dry sunny year makes it easier for you. Enjoy the chocolate.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 10:03 AM, Gnomicide said:

I just use burgees but this time I’m going to get a piece of cargo netting and use this with bungees. Nothing should slip out then; we somehow managed to lose a sleeping bag at IoW fest last year. 

On 3/21/2019 at 9:39 PM, Gnomicide said:

I made security pack my bag up again in 2017.

Their mess. Not mine.