What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

13 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

yay yay - what tent are you looking at. New tents are v exciting

Our new tent should arrive in the next few days, very excited to try her out ?

It is very exciting! It's the only thing I really need to buy this year really, boots in excellent condition and sleeping bag/bed etc. Looking at this for me and my brother. Crucial ground sheet which folds up at the entrance!

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-family-42-id_8378238.html?_cclid=v3_01fe9e9a-32c1-52ba-bb83-ef31b2e12822&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl6bouZv33QIVic13Ch1DWAIZEAQYASABEgIWcvD_BwE

19 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

It is very exciting! It's the only thing I really need to buy this year really, boots in excellent condition and sleeping bag/bed etc. Looking at this for me and my brother. Crucial ground sheet which folds up at the entrance!

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-family-42-id_8378238.html?_cclid=v3_01fe9e9a-32c1-52ba-bb83-ef31b2e12822&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl6bouZv33QIVic13Ch1DWAIZEAQYASABEgIWcvD_BwE

wow brilliant price as well :-)

We need tent and beds - have sleeping bag and a trolley but havemt; camped for 10 years (always taken a van) and we need to spend longer than a week in it this year (working for the two weeks pre festival) so tent and beds are impirtant to be comforable this year (3.5 weeks living on site :-)

New wellies reduced from Haskins  ( so guaranteed sunshine). 

Also bought a new sleeping bag - so after 16 Glastonbury’s ( 1997 to 2017) and 3 Latitudes my old one is retiring! I never did like the mummy shape so have gone for a square end this time?

my festival list consists of stuff being piled in my living room about a month before .... Im not one for lists but the one above is certainly thorough I would say :) .... ive been waiting for 2 items to complete my fancy dress for the year and they haven't turned up ... fortunately I started preparing shortly after the last festival so still have plenty of time ... the companys are going to resend them :) 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

my festival list consists of stuff being piled in my living room about a month before .... Im not one for lists but the one above is certainly thorough I would say :) .... ive been waiting for 2 items to complete my fancy dress for the year and they haven't turned up ... fortunately I started preparing shortly after the last festival so still have plenty of time ... the companys are going to resend them :) 

My wife likes writing lists, we both like the pub. Perfect afternoon!

Hope your stuff comes soon

1 minute ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Got my exercise bike working. Well I say working I have got my fat arse on it. I had a stroke a number of years back and really struggle walking distances (and I weigh 20 odd stone) so really trying to feel the burn in time for June.

Good on yer. Started cycling again this week and starting to feel the benefits already

15 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

My wife and I have been to the pub and drawn up our official planning guide for the festival:

1EF10320-372D-4FE2-9964-FFD613530B69.jpeg

E76C6C2F-67BB-4209-85DF-F33CABBDA23E.jpeg

43CDBA16-8B62-44B3-B5A0-DC0BC3DD509B.jpeg

8F15CFA8-6E61-48BD-B86E-891B3F1052E2.jpeg

F8E76420-4F72-483D-997E-90EFB7B72A50.jpeg

E7E4C5BE-5FA2-417E-A9F1-62F14BC7EF5D.jpeg

You've forgotten pyjamas or something to wear in bed to keep warm at night - why did I just read all your lists :-) , and who is crocodile the dentist ?

8 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Got my exercise bike working. Well I say working I have got my fat arse on it. I had a stroke a number of years back and really struggle walking distances (and I weigh 20 odd stone) so really trying to feel the burn in time for June.

Go for it, every pound will make a difference to how yoou feel at the festival - good luck

41 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

My wife and I have been to the pub and drawn up our official planning guide for the festival:

E76C6C2F-67BB-4209-85DF-F33CABBDA23E.jpeg

43CDBA16-8B62-44B3-B5A0-DC0BC3DD509B.jpeg

8F15CFA8-6E61-48BD-B86E-891B3F1052E2.jpeg

F8E76420-4F72-483D-997E-90EFB7B72A50.jpeg

Bungee cords can be a mare. Ratchet straps or industrial cling film work well.

Took delivery last week of my new festival shirt. Mrs C is not massively impressed, ‘no chance of losing you this year.......’ ?

anyway I like it. It’s a football shirt but quite a different one. Clapton Community FC designed an away shirt to commeromate the Spanish Civil war and the Spanish Republic, and in particular the 2,500 men and women from the UK and Ireland who travelled to fight with the International Brigades, with more than 500 dying for the cause. They had massive demand and being a tiny community club were swamped. Apparantly they sold over 5000. Many to Spainish customers  it’s a great story.  I think the shirt is cool ?

Btw it’s not me in the photo  

C2F2280E-2960-492B-831F-31CF36001157.jpeg

497FAD22-B367-4494-9C30-CBD08AF7261A.jpeg

333911ED-BBA3-4FCA-B966-73E43B5B8C0A.jpeg

• Upvote 1

It was yesterday but wore my walking boots to work (work at a school), went on a trip to a country park and helped the students build dens, make fires and cook over the fire.

This is a 12 week course so should be fully ready to survive in the wild of Glastonbury by festival time.