What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That’s the one we saw, tried it and yes it was comfy. Got a mate who can lend me two, one for me and one for my wife, he’s a DOE leader. Will check them out before I decide if I need to buy. Seeing the tents, sleeping bags etc in Go Outdoors does get the adrenaline pumping for the festival !

Yeah, I could spend a bloody fortune in there!

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Yeah, I could spend a bloody fortune in there!

Got new air beds, decided on 2 singles so during the day put on on top of the other thus in theory giving us more room to get dressed, stand up etc. Eyed up a new tent as well. Met another glasto goer wandering about. 

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

I've been enviously eyeing up this thread for weeks now but didn't want to contribute until I had anything.

This is a big week for me. On Tuesday I'll be booking my flights from Melbourne. Today, I've looked again at my budget to make doubly sure this isn't a suicide mission, financially. Turns out I'll just suffer some severe head wounds so that's OK.

Booked mine from Auckland last week, booked therapy this week.

Prices are creeping up every week now.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Booked mine from Auckland last week, booked therapy this week.

Prices are creeping up every week now.

Flew back from Auckland to Glasgow a month ago after visiting family. That’s a bloody long flight especially with just a two hour connection in Dubai! Mind you I would go round the world three times if it meant getting to Glastonbury 

4 minutes ago, Charm said:

Love this. 

Charm x

Thanks!  It'll be a nice addition to the festival wardrobe.  I've got a wonderful 3/4 length purple velvet jacket which goes to every festival with me but is just too warm to wear during the day, this seems like a suitable compromise.

For anyone who isn't already aware, the Wish app is absolutely amazing for Chinese 'fashion' bargains.   Just remember to order 3 sizes larger than usual and you're pretty much good to go

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Flew back from Auckland to Glasgow a month ago after visiting family. That’s a bloody long flight especially with just a two hour connection in Dubai! Mind you I would go round the world three times if it meant getting to Glastonbury 

I’m used to it now, but we will be bringing our little girl home to meet her family for the first time. No better time for that than end of June :)

• Upvote 1

Flights booked! Whoop! Now it’s starting to feel real. There’s always a tiny glimmer of ‘WTF are you doing dropping $2k on flights to a music festival’ but it’s combined with a visit to see family and quickly vanishes anyway when I remind myself of what I’m in for. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/4/2019 at 1:31 PM, AS35DF said:

Best place for tents? Tent for 2 people ideally one can stand up in but not too hard putting up - hopefully not askin too much! ?

I got this last week, you can’t stand up in it but I think it will be quite roomy for 2, I had to replace my stand up tent as it’s too heavy and I will be carrying it on my own this year as Mr Charm has poorly legs.  

Charm x

https://www.millets.co.uk/tents-camping/162607-eurohike-avon-deluxe-3-person-tent-green.html

On 3/4/2019 at 12:32 PM, Kinkyinuit said:

I'm just waiting for this wonderful jacket to arrive  from the fashion heartland that is China.

£15 well spent there

Untitled.png

What web site is this from? looks amazing, I wont get the same one but if there are similar ones.......

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, morph100 said:

What web site is this from? looks amazing, I wont get the same one but if there are similar ones.......

It was off  Wish.com.  There are some absolute gems on there for the discerning gentleman.

Though if you do get the same one and I catch you in it, expect a vigorous high five/hug and a celebratory drink

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, kalifire said:

Flights booked! Whoop! Now it’s starting to feel real. There’s always a tiny glimmer of ‘WTF are you doing dropping $2k on flights to a music festival’ but it’s combined with a visit to see family and quickly vanishes anyway when I remind myself of what I’m in for. 

Totally worth(y) it! Sorry...

Coach booked. Will get me there at 5:30am on the Wednesday. Paid a little bit extra to get the amendable/refundable option as, depending on the weather, I may not want to be queuing for 2.5 hours!

Return leaves 9am on Monday so I can have a little bit of a lie in this year. Bliss.

On 3/4/2019 at 1:31 PM, AS35DF said:

Best place for tents? Tent for 2 people ideally one can stand up in but not too hard putting up - hopefully not askin too much! ?

I can't recommend this tent enough, it's fantastic.

It has a reflective coating inside the oversheet which greatly reduces the sunlight from penetrating so it stays cooler and darker far longer than any other tent I've owned over the last 15 years. I've had this one at 3 festivals so I can say this with experience - it buys you an extra couple of hours of sleep in the morning which makes it worth its weight in gold.

Really sturdy too and has a door on either side which is perfect for quickly airing the tent out.

And it's only £45.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/arpenaz-3-freshblack-tent-3-man-id_8357355.html

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Wow, what a website. They've some very useful things for festivalling on there, like a 690,000 mAh portable charger (solar or electric) for £9!

A degree of caution with electronics from Wish, they can be quite flimsy, and as such, dangerous.

I've seen those mad specs for power banks too, 690,000mAh would power a small car! Something tells me they may be overstating their capacity a "small" bit...

On 2/24/2019 at 5:57 PM, GlastoEls said:

Fired up my old Nokia 3310 which made its debut at the 2002 festival and still gets used exclusively for Glastonbury today (to avoid the digital noise). Last turned on 27 June 2017!

Still works great and back in the drawer ready for 2019.  

I'd better dig out the glastoels second phone number for 2019!

• Upvote 1