What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

4 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Didn't you post videos of it a few days before the festival started? Horrific stuff.

Haha, yes I did. 2016, but fret not, it won't be like that this year. Going to be lovely.

A reminder of what we're not going to be looking forward to. Don't worry, I haven't jinxed it. Am posting this with a pencil upeach nostril and a broad bean in one ear and a clove of garlic in the other. Sorted.

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer

• 2 weeks later...

Been thinking about festival booze and after recently loosing a fair amount of weight I've lost the ability to put away large quantities of beer. So I'm thinking about taking a box of red wine this year but I'm a bit of a wine snob, are there any decent wines you can buy in a box that people would recommend? 

5 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Been thinking about festival booze and after recently loosing a fair amount of weight I've lost the ability to put away large quantities of beer. So I'm thinking about taking a box of red wine this year but I'm a bit of a wine snob, are there any decent wines you can buy in a box that people would recommend? 

I would look at it as an opportunity to research. One mans drink is anothers poison and all that jazz. ;)

Been listening to Stormzy and am really starting to look forward to his set. I only won't see him due to a clash with a performance I really cannot miss. I hope this doesn't happen though.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

It’s a good point! Guess I’m have to spend some quality time sampling some quality boxed wines haha

2 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Do share your results - anything that breaks the unholy trinity of shit Merlot/CabSauv/Shiraz is to be welcomed.

@The Nal usually has some good suggestions. 

On 2/18/2019 at 1:00 PM, The Clearest Blue said:

15 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

@The Nal usually has some good suggestions. 

Bit picky about wine myself. Did Tescos Tempranillo last year. Not bad, 

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/297427179

The wine from the wine bars on site are fairly decent too these days. 

Edited by The Nal

Went into my glastonbury festival souvenirs box (yes I have one for every year contains programmes, wasted hats, t shirts , thatchers gold cardboard pint pots, tickets, clashfinder print offs etc etc) and decided to use the wateraid metal container all year round instead of buying bottled water. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Did that walk and wander, respecting the environment and country code, in june last year at fallow year festival time . Absolutely magical and like you, took loads of photos. Amazing to see crops growing where we usually have our tent.  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris
  • Like 1

For a first timer, I'm impressed you knew to find the dragon, let alone managed it - we often get posts on here along the lines "I've been 5 times and never knew it existed."

Though the lay of the land will seem massively different when all the stalls, stages, etc are in place.