What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Swung by the farm this afternoon to check that the new drain (built early 2017 after a spring appeared on our pitch in 2016!) was working ok. It was fine. Softwood offcuts already piled up at the railway line ready for this summer.  Photo taken at dusk. Edit now I'm on my laptop, not phone.  Got to our pirch in 2016 about two weeks before the festival to drop the first load of stuff off. About two metres uphill and out from our pitch was a strange mound that was about three metres diameter and about two thirds of a metre high in the middle. Never seen anything like it before. The weather had been totally crap, pissing it down for dayd. I explored the mound with my boot and it felt like a water bed and moved like one too. I dug my heel into it and that was that. Brown custard erupted from it and started flowing downhill. The mound slowly started to collapse and eventually joined the same height as the rest of the field. During the festival build it just became the supurating swamp from hell. A proper hippo's mud bath oozing copiously for the duration and during the takedown as well. I told our lovely field organiser Sal and moaned to Rob Kearle the following winter who is in charge of all sorts of important stuff . Hey presto, by spring 2017 there was a huge circular area of stones where the spring had appeared and a line of stones from there down to the ditch. Job done. Hats off to the infrastructure guys on the farm. They are so on the case. Will try to find some pics of before and after. Feel free to come and inspect their stirling work. The capped spring can be seen just uphill from where our table is. J    Oh, and finally there are sheep everywhere :)

DSC_1354.JPG

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Upvote 5

I've been considering eating cheaper, at festivals; so I can afford the extra fessie ticket come re-sale day. So, lately, I've been experimenting with Pot Noodles and Go bars. I went into Asda today and I noticed that a big box of, about, 20 donuts costs £2.50. 

3 hours ago, stt11 said:

I've been considering eating cheaper, at festivals; so I can afford the extra fessie ticket come re-sale day. So, lately, I've been experimenting with Pot Noodles and Go bars. I went into Asda today and I noticed that a big box of, about, 20 donuts costs £2.50. 

With that diet and it’s lack of fibre I can’t see you paying many visits to the long drops! 

Been doing some work on the ribbon tower hat ... I've managed to add 2 tubes to almost conceal the power for the lights for the hat and the tower ... ive also covered the led strip in fake grass so its barely visible in daylight and added the top viewing platform and barrier .... just the hat to go on ... but still looking for inspiration on how im going to do this ? cant find anything remotely similar online :( 

IMG_2972.jpeg

IMG_2975.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 1/19/2019 at 7:00 PM, Curlygirl said:

Been wearing my new DMs on the treadmill to try and break them in! They’re so beautiful ? 

I've had mine for two years now and they still shred my feet if I wear them more than a couple of days or do any mileage. They will be making an appearance at the farm depending on the weather but will have other boots as well. Change as good as a rest. Caravan ticket helps as well. More room and no carrying. ?

After a Teenage Fanclub / Kurt Vile / SVE morning, then listening to @Brave Sir Robin‘s excellent playlist while doing a bit of cleaning, while watching mini Woffling bust some moves in her fairy costume, her and Mrs Woffy are now watching Queen Beyonce’s headline set on YouTube  

Mrs Woffy preggers and due July. 

Quietly re-appraising how my Glastonbury 2019 needs to go; insomuchas very limited - if any -booze intake. 

But seeing these two lose their collective shit and dance around the lounge I’m not sure I care. 

Next up on YouTube: Rosalia...Janelle Monae...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Woffy said:

After a Teenage Fanclub / Kurt Vile / SVE morning, then listening to @Brave Sir Robin‘s Mrs Woffy preggers and due July. 

Quietly re-appraising how my Glastonbury 2019 needs to go; insomuchas very limited - if any -booze intake. 

But seeing these two lose their collective shit and dance around the lounge I’m not sure I care. 

Next up on YouTube: Rosalia...Janelle Monae...

Bloody Hell, Woffy. How many will that be?

And congratulations, obvs.

43 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Bloody Hell, Woffy. How many will that be?

And congratulations, obvs.

I’m getting my testicles removed (or however it works) immediately after the festival. It’s just fucking up nature’s established ratio of bumchins in the gene pool. And no one wants that. 

Thanks! 

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I’m getting my testicles removed (or however it works) immediately after the festival. It’s just fucking up nature’s established ratio of bumchins in the gene pool. And no one wants that. 

Thanks! 

Wowzers Woffy! That’s 6 more than me, how do you cope? 

Massive congrats. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

If all Clan Woff decided to go to the festival together, the rest of us would be hoping for some to cancel in order to free up some tickets on resale day.

The Glasto free ticket age is a decent arbitrary benchmark at which to let them fend for themselves (and pay for their own ticket)!

15 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Clan Woff pulls into Campervan East...

kszAUFb.thumb.jpg.139c059dfc06f6780c4a773a82f1d584.jpg

Practical. Verrrry very practical. 

11 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Wowzers Woffy! That’s 6 more than me, how do you cope? 

Massive congrats. 

Thanks PG!

Bearing in mind 4 out of 5 are female (and the next one is bound to be a girl)...I have no idea!!!

I’m shit-hot at washing, hair drying, braiding / plaiting hair, bunches, etc, mind. And tolerating devastating female sarcasm. 

17 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Bearing in mind 4 out of 5 are female (and the next one is bound to be a girl)...I have no idea!!!

I’m shit-hot at washing, hair drying, braiding / plaiting hair, bunches, etc, mind. And tolerating devastating female sarcasm. 

Haha I really have no idea either.

Woffy’s hair braiding salon open for business ?

Edit: just thought- are you all at Glasto? If so, you’ll be an easy clan to spot! 

Edited by Phoenix Girl

On 1/28/2019 at 10:33 PM, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Swung by the farm this afternoon to check that the new drain (built early 2017 after a spring appeared on our pitch in 2016!) was working ok. It was fine. Softwood offcuts already piled up at the railway line ready for this summer.  Photo taken at dusk. Edit now I'm on my laptop, not phone.  Got to our pirch in 2016 about two weeks before the festival to drop the first load of stuff off. About two metres uphill and out from our pitch was a strange mound that was about three metres diameter and about two thirds of a metre high in the middle. Never seen anything like it before. The weather had been totally crap, pissing it down for dayd. I explored the mound with my boot and it felt like a water bed and moved like one too. I dug my heel into it and that was that. Brown custard erupted from it and started flowing downhill. The mound slowly started to collapse and eventually joined the same height as the rest of the field. During the festival build it just became the supurating swamp from hell. A proper hippo's mud bath oozing copiously for the duration and during the takedown as well. I told our lovely field organiser Sal and moaned to Rob Kearle the following winter who is in charge of all sorts of important stuff . Hey presto, by spring 2017 there was a huge circular area of stones where the spring had appeared and a line of stones from there down to the ditch. Job done. Hats off to the infrastructure guys on the farm. They are so on the case. Will try to find some pics of before and after. Feel free to come and inspect their stirling work. The capped spring can be seen just uphill from where our table is. J    Oh, and finally there are sheep everywhere :)

DSC_1354.JPG

Didn't you post videos of it a few days before the festival started? Horrific stuff.