What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

Booked my flights!  Decided to go out of Dublin, rather than my native Belfast due to the shit show that is Belfast International Airport (also Dublin is cheaper).

Bought a huge backpack last night in Decathlon, as I want all my stuff (tent included) to be in one pack - last time I was carrying a backpack, tent, sleeping bag and roll mat all separate and it was a pain in the hoop.

Feeling pretty ready for June now

well ive had a restart date through for my old job .... looks like im back at work at the end of the week ( not what I was hoping to do but never mind ) it will give me some time to mull over what my next moves are though . It obviously will help  the finances too and help pay for the ticket in April .  

• Upvote 3

Thinking of getting in early on the standard footwear connundrum. Finally got some black Chukka Nellie Timberlands that actually fit me (took a while...long story). They're amazing. Like wearing clouds on my feet, allegedly 100% waterproof and sexy AF. Win.

https://www.timberland.co.uk/shop/en/tbl-uk/nellie-chukka-for-women-in-black-a1r2m001

The perfect Glasto shoe, except....I don't want to ruin them! Saw a grey pair for £50 on eBay that the seller claims were only wore a few times last winter. Wondering if it's worth taking a punt on those ....can't return than though obvs. Kinda tired of having my legs encased in wellies every festival though and would be good to get it sorted out now!

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Thinking of getting in early on the standard footwear connundrum. Finally got some black Chukka Nellie Timberlands that actually fit me (took a while...long story). They're amazing. Like wearing clouds on my feet, allegedly 100% waterproof and sexy AF. Win.

https://www.timberland.co.uk/shop/en/tbl-uk/nellie-chukka-for-women-in-black-a1r2m001

The perfect Glasto shoe, except....I don't want to ruin them! Saw a grey pair for £50 on eBay that the seller claims were only wore a few times last winter. Wondering if it's worth taking a punt on those ....can't return than though obvs. Kinda tired of having my legs encased in wellies every festival though and would be good to get it sorted out now!

I splashed out on a pair of these last year

https://www.muckbootcompany.co.uk/products/mens-chore-cool-tall-boots-brown 

Yes they are the same height as wellies but much more comfortable and are more breathable so your feet/legs don't get as warm as they are the chore cools ones but the unfortunate thing is it appears they are discontinued.  That said have heard good things about muck boots in general.  I haven't done a Glastonbury with them yet but have had some walks in them and as I say very comfy

40 minutes ago, dondo said:

Yes they are the same height as wellies but much more comfortable and are more breathable so your feet/legs don't get as warm as they are the chore cools ones but the unfortunate thing is it appears they are discontinued.  That said have heard good things about muck boots in general.  I haven't done a Glastonbury with them yet but have had some walks in them and as I say very comfy

Yes, I think breathable is key.

And sexy obviously. I've been to so many festivals now that Wellies have become the epitome of sexy footwear :) But obviously as 2019 is going to be scorcher, maybe not so practical...

On 1/18/2019 at 8:55 AM, dondo said:

I have these... The were a godsend in 2016. I took them in 2017 but they stayed in the car boot thankfully. I'll be making room for them again. Really comfortable, as well as coping with all conditions of mud n gloop they have excellent grip and don't come off easily in the sticky stuff. 

Highly recommended muck boots. The Mrs has a pair of the ankle boot types. She loves hers too and also survived 2016 in them. 

Pair with some 'thousand mile socks' for ultimate comfort and no blisters guaranteed. 

I watched the Netflix Fyre Festival documentary. What a clusterfuck of a situation run by a deluded, egotistical conman. Every second made me grateful for the Eavis family and the rest of GFL. The "take one for the team" story is unbelievable, well worth a watch although you'll be disappointed if you just want to see 90 minutes of over-privileged Instagram influencers suffering

6 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I watched the Netflix Fyre Festival documentary. What a clusterfuck of a situation run by a deluded, egotistical conman. Every second made me grateful for the Eavis family and the rest of GFL. The "take one for the team" story is unbelievable, well worth a watch although you'll be disappointed if you just want to see 90 minutes of over-privileged Instagram influencers suffering

Just been sent a link to this by a mate who said its well worth watching so that's tonight's viewing sorted.

Back on topic I washed my sleeping bag yesterday. Had to do it twice as not been used since 2016 and was smelling pretty stale!

Gonna put my tent up to air in the next few weeks - not been used in a couple of years dread to think what state it's in....

On 1/19/2019 at 8:49 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

3 nights booked in Glastonbury town, Sunday to Tuesday before heading for the festival. Great way to get into the spirit and chill out .  So looking forward to the week.

You’re going to be proper wobbly by Monday ?

• Upvote 1

Today I decided to remove the faded 2017 glasto parking sticker from the car window. Possibly going to change cars soon and can’t see advertising the fact that the car had survived the fields of Glastonbury as helping trade in value. There is still mud in the boot space from 2016.  A bit of advice, those stickers aren’t meant to be left on for a long time, took ages to scrape it off, even soaked it in WD40.  

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Today I decided to remove the faded 2017 glasto parking sticker from the car window. Possibly going to change cars soon and can’t see advertising the fact that the car had survived the fields of Glastonbury as helping trade in value. There is still mud in the boot space from 2016.  A bit of advice, those stickers aren’t meant to be left on for a long time, took ages to scrape it off, even soaked it in WD40.  

I've yet to remove mine, when I do though, nail varnish remover does the job.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

I've yet to remove mine, when I do though, nail varnish remover does the job.

Felt quite sad taking it off! It will be a worthy view car pass this year. I even have to admit having a Coldplay flashing wristband in the glove box. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, ian the worm said:

My wife’s car still has Worthy FM programmed as preset 6 from 2016. 

Me too. I'm hoping to have a newer car by the time I next drive to Worthy Farm (getting a lift off someone in a campervan this year), I'm leaving it the presets just to confuse the next owner.

13 hours ago, SighMo said:

Think I'm gonna blue-tack mine to the windscreen this time. Last one was stuck on too well and when some tosser jumped on my windscreen one night that was that.

Stick it to a bit of cling film, then sellotape to the screen. Did that last time round. The 2016 one does not want to come off!

• Like 1