What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

17 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

that is miles away from anywhere, don't mind being that side but would hope for the dairy ground at worst!

Park Home Ground would be preferred spot so need to get there handy on the Wednesday. 

We will only pitch two at the most so ideally we will find a spot

I camp in South Park , big group of us we always get space, yes it is a walk away from everything , but we have never had a problem there , you have plenty of space.  and to be honest i leave my tent in the morning and get back in the evening .  does';t matter being that far out 

20 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

I camp in South Park , big group of us we always get space, yes it is a walk away from everything , but we have never had a problem there , you have plenty of space.  and to be honest i leave my tent in the morning and get back in the evening .  does';t matter being that far out 

I've just been scrutinising the map a bit...trying to work out if I prefer the look of Baileys to my lovely Rivermead (I don't). In the process spotted South Park tucked all down the way there. It does look faarrr, but I also totally see your point - I would rather stay a little way out than deal with some hellish scrabble in the queue in the morning and then be camped up in a proper squeeze with no space for a chill on the (bone dry) grass in the morning with your mates and a cuppa.

I don't really recognise the idea of it being a mental scrabble though tbh - I always arrive by the coach entry gate, usually arrive somewhere between midday and 2pm Weds, and just stride in once bus is unloaded (2016 a bit of a queue but still no longer than 45 mins I reckon), walk a bit and camp up in Rivermead (Pylon in 2016 because it was HOT and we thought we might pass out if we walked any further). Always manage to save enough space for latecomers without having to resort to being an obnoxious prick just because its not so popular - last year we did have to save a bit more space as the 8man tent wasn't arriving till late-ish on Thursday, which was stressing me out somewhat but in the end we just chilled at the campsite for a bit in the afternoon making shit-but-strong mojitos until the ubertent arrived and it was grand :)

Does anyone else get mega-fucking excited by looking at the map???

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Does anyone else get mega-fucking excited by looking at the map???

Always.

Been doing it today.

And yesterday snipped a section then dumped it into MSPaint to annotate for the Mrs, with squiggly arrows indicating the shortest walk from the tent to the Kidz Field entrance / toilets / wateraid kiosk, etc...and even to where the car will be parked.

Talking of where to camp and arrival times, I fancy Paines Ground again this year, but I really can't be arsed to do the early morning queueing so would like to arrive around 1pm. HOWEVER I also don't want to be parked fecking miles away from Gate C which I guess I would be by arriving so late.

It's a real dilemma and one I haven't solved yet.

Edited by Skoo

32 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Talking of where to camp and arrival times, I fancy Paines Ground again this year, but I really can't be arsed to do the early morning queueing so would like to arrive around 1pm. HOWEVER I also don't want to be parked fecking miles away from Gate C which I guess I would be by arriving so late.

It's a real dilemma and one I haven't solved yet.

Ah yeh, I suppose that adds anther layer on if you come by car...you need to find a spot for your car as well as your tent!

38 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Always.

Been doing it today.

And yesterday snipped a section then dumped it into MSPaint to annotate for the Mrs, with squiggly arrows indicating the shortest walk from the tent to the Kidz Field entrance / toilets / wateraid kiosk, etc...and even to where the car will be parked.

Tbf, without a lineup poster or even one announced headline that we can endlessly listen to the back catalogue of, it's really all we've got. That and annotating anything in MSPaint is always a winner

On 11/6/2018 at 9:56 AM, Woffy said:

Booked my leave with no issues.

Bonus: Friday 28 June is a non-working Friday for me, so I didn't need to use a days leave for it.

Woop woop, etc.

Stop showing off with you’re every other Friday off Woffy. We can’t all be as fortunate. Tmw a working Friday though right? ?

2 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Stop showing off with you’re every other Friday off Woffy. We can’t all be as fortunate. Tmw a working Friday though right? ?

Heh!

Yes. Shut up though. I said “have a great weekend” to everyone as they left my office today...swiftly followed by “awww, fuck: fuckit” 

I do a 4 day week with every Friday off and leave the office every Thursday saying “probably see you next week”.

Today I made a phone call to my Glasto boss to hopefully start the 2019 ball rolling.  And also agreed with Mrs Worm that she will happily deliver Littlest Worm to Red Gate on the Sunday —> should all my crewing duties be successfully done by then.

8 hours ago, RichardWaller said:

Giving this a go.

https://www.sporcle.com/games/lewis71291/glastonbury-festival-headliners

Sod it, I'm counting it as preparation.

I did terribly on the older ones but got most of the newer ones except I didn't realise I had to put in "and the E Street Band" for Bruce Springsteen.  And forgot Mumford.  Good fun anyway.

8 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Do you just freehand this with sharpie?

yep pretty much but I use specific fabric pens ... although sharpies would probably be the same ... all of it is based on the same pattern from my head so that's why the fancy dress thread starts early as they can take some time ... although I tend to do them whilst watching tv or listening to music ... the finished ones are on the fancy dress thread along with the suits I draw in the same style 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

yep pretty much but I use specific fabric pens ... although sharpies would probably be the same ... all of it is based on the same pattern from my head so that's why the fancy dress thread starts early as they can take some time ... although I tend to do them whilst watching tv or listening to music ... the finished ones are on the fancy dress thread along with the suits I draw in the same style 

Yeah I've seen a few of the things you had done but I dont think I realized how intricate they were. Very mind consuming/time consuming... looks great!

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

The pattern might be in one's head but your skill is obviously putting that down on fabric. My drawing hasn't moved on from the square house with windows and chimney I did when i was five.

1 minute ago, Gedh said:

The pattern might be in one's head but your skill is obviously putting that down on fabric. My drawing hasn't moved on from the square house with windows and chimney I did when i was five.

I used to do similar designs on the cover of my school books .... think its just evolved from there .... slightly :) 

• Like 1

Was given some gift vouchers from a job I'm leaving to start a new one. 

Spent wisely on a proper waste water container for my campervan (don't dump waste water on the fields!) , and some nice new camping plates and cutlery also for the van. 

Ok so these won't just be specifically for Glastonbury but will certainly be used by us and our pals who camp with us so they count. 

• 4 weeks later...