What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I had hoped the car park would be open well before the actual gates open. Arriving at 8 on Wednesday means getting caught up in the main site traffic before reaching the WV turn off on the road between Glastonbury and pilton. 

Not sure if that applies to the car park. Your turn to email! ?

On 11/2/2018 at 9:53 AM, drunk pumpkin said:

next year will be my first time in 7 festivals i've needed to find a pitch for my tent (camp light not being there) 

Also taking 2 Glasto virgins who don't appreciate the carnage of the queue and the scramble for the spot!

So this week i've been trying my best to educate them on the need for a silly O'Clock start from Liverpool (2am approx.) on the Wednesday  or to spend the extra and spend the night somewhere clsoe by on the Tuesday night.

They still believe that they can just turn up, walk in and put the tent up! :laugh:

You can...just not a massive group in a really popular area. You could probably squeeze three tents into Baileys even on the Thursday without being too far from each other.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

His legs are so smooth! 

Do you think One of the stages will be sponsored by "Veet for Men" in 2019?

I've booked a series of visits to the physio to try and fix my back so I can get some serious walking done pre-glasto. I'm aiming to smash the 75 miles bimbling around site I did in 2017, trying for 100 miles (mud permitting).

I've also been researching the fresh-n-black tents as mine was like an oven in 2017. Need to buy & break-in some new hiking boots as mine have finally split. Hopefully I'll pickup a nice pair in the "End of season" sales so I have a few months to get them and my feet ready.

38 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Got a reply that said the WV car park usually opens at the same time as other car parks but was advised to check nearer the time.  So a kip in the car park before the gates open is still on!  

Well done!

23 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

off to prodigy in plymouth tonight to keep my drinking in practise ... spare ticket less than cost available if anyone wants it ... pm me ... can be collected anytime after 1 as we are making an afternoon of it :) 

Nice offer! If I was anywhere close to Plymouth (plus the afternoon off!) I'd have joined! Hope you had fun!

1 hour ago, semmtexx said:

Nice offer! If I was anywhere close to Plymouth (plus the afternoon off!) I'd have joined! Hope you had fun!

Great fun thank you allthough for a few times when I woke up in the early hours of this morning I wasn't so sure !!. we had a friend who had said he was ill but later on during the day he decided he would come after all ... probably only because we hadn't managed to get rid of the ticket ... I had put it on twickets but no takers ... I was in the end thinking about giving it away to someone ... its only right for it to get used by someone .... Dramas getting home our train was an hour late at 1am and we must have only just made it through Dawlish before they closed the line ... looking at the photos its quite submerged :) .... recovery day today 

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Great fun thank you allthough for a few times when I woke up in the early hours of this morning I wasn't so sure !!. we had a friend who had said he was ill but later on during the day he decided he would come after all ... probably only because we hadn't managed to get rid of the ticket ... I had put it on twickets but no takers ... I was in the end thinking about giving it away to someone ... its only right for it to get used by someone .... Dramas getting home our train was an hour late at 1am and we must have only just made it through Dawlish before they closed the line ... looking at the photos its quite submerged :) .... recovery day today 

Glad it got used.

Yeah - that'd be the other bit - recovery day. No point going to a gig without a recovery day after, can't properly enjoy it otherwise! 

?

Edited by semmtexx

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's bloody miles away from anywhere though!  Well, I suppose it's quite close to the car cinema now actually.

that is miles away from anywhere, don't mind being that side but would hope for the dairy ground at worst!

Park Home Ground would be preferred spot so need to get there handy on the Wednesday. 

We will only pitch two at the most so ideally we will find a spot

Edited by drunk pumpkin