What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

6 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

so far I've written a 'kit to buy; list. 

ive just scanned google maps for my route to pilton.. 

I may be jumping the gun

I've checked the maps and the train timetables already too!  I've also found myself going through in my head what shoes and clothes to take!  Like you, I think I may be a little in front of myself!

4 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

But there will be the ever expanding playlist to research!

Oh I've also been looking again at different camping areas, pros and cons etc.

sounds like a good use of time. I wonder if my boss realised I watched a 20 minute youtube video of entering the campervan campsite - whilst at my desk? 

4 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Lost the bag for my tent at a festival this summer while out of it. Right pain in the arse and it doesn't seem like it can get a replacement so I've been doing research on new tents.

Wow having to buy a new tent just for a new bag?  Can you find the same one on ebay second hand cheaply? Or just buy a sports bag or something the right size to put it in?

13 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I've only heard great things about EOTR.  Might be tempted to try to squeeze it in one year.

Yea 2019 will be my first year. As you say though, have only heard good things! 

Just now, Beerqueen said:

My son absolutely loves it - he liked the Park area of Glasto so I assume it's similar to that.

If it has similarities to the Park area I'll be a very happy man. Possibly my favourite area of Glastonbury. 

1 minute ago, Tyonks said:

If it has similarities to the Park area I'll be a very happy man. Possibly my favourite area of Glastonbury. 

Well as I said, that was my son's favourite area of Glastonbury and he said that he would be happy to pay for that as a separate festival.  He found Glasto too much for him so goes for EOTR instead so I think you may be very happy!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Wow having to buy a new tent just for a new bag?  Can you find the same one on ebay second hand cheaply? Or just buy a sports bag or something the right size to put it in?

I second this... surely other bags exist. 

I walked 10km today while celebrating Canadas legalalization... felt like the only way a person could really "train" to do glasto

Edited by MetaKate
  • Like 2

I’ve been looking for some decent boots, my old pair failed me last time when the sole came off and I ended up with a very hurty ankle, thinking that Dr Martens might be a good choice as proper walking boots would be a waste as I would only use them for Glastonbury.  

Charm x

I continued my tent research (my usual tent it on the cusp of failing), and discovered I have been sleeping in my tent the wrong way round my whole life! All the pictures illustrating the number of people who are meant to fit in the tent, show the persons head goes near the entrance, where as I always assumed that if you're on a slight slope, you ensure the entrance is at the bottom of the slope (so rain/puddles/streams wouldn't flow into the tent when you open the door, and then you sleep with your head at the top of the slope, and meaning your feet are then at the the tent entrance.

I refuse to believe I am wrong on this!

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I continued my tent research (my usual tent it on the cusp of failing), and discovered I have been sleeping in my tent the wrong way round my whole life! All the pictures illustrating the number of people who are meant to fit in the tent, show the persons head goes near the entrance, where as I always assumed that if you're on a slight slope, you ensure the entrance is at the bottom of the slope (so rain/puddles/streams wouldn't flow into the tent when you open the door, and then you sleep with your head at the top of the slope, and meaning your feet are then at the the tent entrance.

I refuse to believe I am wrong on this!

This has made me laugh ...... you sleep in your tent how you want to mate, don't listen to the tent police !