What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

1 minute ago, Dangertappy said:

Definitely! :) I wish I was creative enough to design costumes!! Trying to think of a good costume for next year that isn't itchy lol any tips?

lots of lights and accsesories ... and add something random that will make people double take .....for example I went to a butlins  clubbing weekend armed with a toilet brush with a few led lights wrapped around it ....the small things make the difference and are often the things that get people commenting ... let me know if you find a theme ... I like to base my outfits on the festival as that's what we all have in common at that point 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

lots of lights and accsesories ... and add something random that will make people double take .....for example I went to a butlins  clubbing weekend armed with a toilet brush with a few led lights wrapped around it ....the small things make the difference and are often the things that get people commenting ... let me know if you find a theme ... I like to base my outfits on the festival as that's what we all have in common at that point 

Cool, thanks!!

25 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Hmmm...I think you're right about this. A cheshire cat seems to easy. I want lights this year! Ideally I'd make everyone dress up as a Wonderland character but they're not so taken with that idea... spoil sports :lol:

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Hmmm...I think you're right about this. A cheshire cat seems to easy. I want lights this year! Ideally I'd make everyone dress up as a Wonderland character but they're not so taken with that idea... spoil sports :lol:

my friends think I'm crazy .... but once the outfit is revealed .. (I try and keep the updates from previous years quiet from them ) I think they would quietly like to do it ...fancy dress needs lights as people won't spot you at night as most are a little worse for wear and distracted by all the other wonderfull things that work the senses at night .

I got my Exec Director to agree to move our bimonthly meeting on 25th June to the morning so that I can travel down in the afternoon. 

I'd asked his PA yesterday but funnily enough she hadn't prioritised asking about a meeting eight months away so when I bumped into him today I pinned him down. He did seem a bit puzzled and asked if there was a reason! (he guessed football as we're both fans). 

31 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

This is really organised Charm, and something I need to do ASAP.

Any recommendations for places to stay within about 45 mins from the site are welcome.

We stayed in Frome a few years back. Think it was a Premier Inn. 20 minutes or so from there we were in the car park as queuing at the gate. 

48 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

This is really organised Charm, and something I need to do ASAP.

Any recommendations for places to stay within about 45 mins from the site are welcome.

We are staying here. 

http://www.dragonfly-glastonbury.com/

The lady who runs it is lovely and it’s only a few minutes walk to the High Street, we love to stay in Glastonbury the night before and as accommodation tends to get booked up quickly I like to get in early.

Have stayed in a couple of this lady’s properties too, she is great and her places are nice. 

http://www.gloriousglastonburyholidayhomes.co.uk/wordpress/

Charm x

5 hours ago, duke88 said:

Booked a room about four miles from the site near Shepton Mallet for Tuesday night. It's not exactly the Ritz, but it's a bed!

We used to book basic on the way there and 4-5 star on the way home for a good scrub! (Not counting last time as we stayed with friends in Pilton and that was awesome)

This time we're taking our new old caravan. Looking for stop off sites to break up the journey but waiting to get the camper ticket first.