What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

8 hours ago, AmyShambles said:

Not so much today but for the past week or so I've been teaching myself how to juggle.  It's always fascinated me but when you see some of the small acts around Theatre and Circus fields, it's amazing. 

My logic is that by this time next year I'll have it more than mastered so I won't need to worry about having to get a ticket in October...I can just do my one-woman juggling act in Bella's Field as a performer (I wish).

my brother used to juggle fire clubs up  near the stone circle somewhere and glow juggle balls he was quite good but did it for the sheer fun of it ... go for it even not as a performer if it brings a smile to peoples faces let us know how you get on and hopefully you can do us a performance at the efest meet in 2019 :)

On 01/07/2017 at 3:51 PM, balti-pie said:

I always feel a bit sorry for the Scots and geordies who drive to/from Glastonbury overnight - that's a properly long drive. I almost feel like I'm cheating with a reasonably straightforward 4 hours! 

Last year we left our parking slot at about 4 monday morning and made it back to Hamburg the next evening. Fun times

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
17 hours ago, Wilfko said:

Set up a cost tracking app for a return flight from Vancouver > London.

Moving to Canada for a few years from Novemeber but no way is that a good enough reason to skip Glasto.

2 week holiday back in the UK with Glasto sounds pretty nice..

? I've done the same but Calgary>London. I plan to hop down to Greece for a week and relax before the festival!

Vancouver is an interesting city with lots to do, welcome (almost) to Canada ?

19 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

I had a brief look at tents, my usual one is on the cusp of decay. Does anyone know what sort of time of year there tends to be a tent sale?

Got a two man pop up you can have if you can collect. Only used it for 2 glasto’s before the missus started going and had to upsize.

4 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Got a two man pop up you can have if you can collect. Only used it for 2 glasto’s before the missus started going and had to upsize.

Thanks, that's very kind of you, but I'm not a fan of those futuristic pop up tents- I'm too old school!?

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Completed the annual order of TravelJohns

Did you find a good deal?

I did some research this week on Fresh and Black tents, including reading the thread on this forum about Fresh and Black tents. I'm still not convinced.  The zipper on my last quechua broke after one festival. I wasn't impressed.

Just now, karaseen said:

I did some research this week on Fresh and Black tents, including reading the thread on this forum about Fresh and Black tents. I'm still not convinced.  The zipper on my last quechua broke after one festival. I wasn't impressed.

I took a Fresh & Black to Bestival and was very impressed. Got another hour or 2's lie-in compared to everyone else, and it was properly baking that weekend. It was even a popup that you could get back in the (admittedly large) bag without much trouble.

4 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I took a Fresh & Black to Bestival and was very impressed. Got another hour or 2's lie-in compared to everyone else, and it was properly baking that weekend. It was even a popup that you could get back in the (admittedly large) bag without much trouble.

I'm worried I'd start missing bands if I got too good a sleep!!

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

that was a while back .. not really taken off although it was the plan ... not sure I have the business organisation or the time investment won't make it that financially viable ...its great to do for fun in the meantime :) 

Definitely! :) I wish I was creative enough to design costumes!! Trying to think of a good costume for next year that isn't itchy lol any tips?