What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

37 minutes ago, Skelts said:

Checked the dates!  It's normally the first weekend after the summer solstice isn't it?  in 2019, summer solstice is the Friday, so will the festival be that weekend, 21/22/23 June 2019? Or the following one?

I thought it was always the last weekend in June - although I could be wrong! 

40 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Registered some domain names to start on a new career of fancy dress design :) 

Did you have people trying to get you to make them outfits? I had a few of these! Every person who came up to me first question was "Where did you buy that?"! 

Good plan I'd say as your outfit was great!

Edited by semmtexx

Currently looking at how to apply for the Green Crafts Field. In 2013 I was inspired to start my own business which I've been gradually trying to put together alongside doing a "proper" job that makes me really ill. Need to get out of it asap...

1 minute ago, gfest2009 said:

Currently looking at how to apply for the Green Crafts Field. In 2013 I was inspired to start my own business which I've been gradually trying to put together alongside doing a "proper" job that makes me really ill. Need to get out of it asap...

That's brilliant - what's your craft? I wish I had crafty skills, but pants at anything involving making/doing.

1 hour ago, semmtexx said:

Did you have people trying to get you to make them outfits? I had a few of these! Every person who came up to me first question was "Where did you buy that?"! 

1 hour ago, semmtexx said:

That's the plan as I've been creating my own outfits for at least 10 years now .. just the one or two offers :) for fancy dress including some more unusual ones :) . I now need to try to work out a balance between keeping the ideas exclusive and the time / cost balance as they do take up some time to make . And thanks shame I didn't get to see the coat 

4 hours ago, Skoo said:

That's brilliant - what's your craft? I wish I had crafty skills, but pants at anything involving making/doing.

Mainly upcycling: furniture, cushions, frames, bottle lamps etc. But then also embroidery :). I have the skills but my entrepreneurial nuance is lacking so don't know if it'll ever be much more than a pipe dream sadly. 

1 hour ago, gfest2009 said:

Mainly upcycling: furniture, cushions, frames, bottle lamps etc. But then also embroidery :). I have the skills but my entrepreneurial nuance is lacking so don't know if it'll ever be much more than a pipe dream sadly. 

Ah, if we lived closer we could team up. I have shit making skills but good at sales and marketing type stuff. If only! Good luck :) I have an old chest of drawers I picked up that someone was giving away and I still haven't painted them. Need to get stuck in and stop worrying about getting it wrong!

8 hours ago, Skelts said:

Checked the dates!  It's normally the first weekend after the summer solstice isn't it?  in 2019, summer solstice is the Friday, so will the festival be that weekend, 21/22/23 June 2019? Or the following one?

The site newspaper on Sunday had a headline 'See you in 731 days"

That puts the open date as Wednesday 26 June 2019, with a finish of Sunday 30 June. So still the last weekend of June, as the Monday doesn't count as 'festival'