Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Migraine

Lovebullets Police Sunday

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know what was happening in Lovebullets Sunday evening about 8:30? There wasn't about 50 police and security blocking the exits and waiting around the tent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my break from The Glade Bar at about 9 and there were still a lot of police standing around keeping an eye on that tent which seemed to be fairly sparsely occupied by then. 

I also wondered what had gone on.

No signs of trouble just around the corner watching Gentlemans Dub Club at The Glade, so clearly quite an isolated issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it seemed really isolated I was moving between Gentleman's Dub Club and Dreadzone when I saw it and as you said normal security presence at both those tents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I walked past them in a full blown ganja suit. Smoking, pretty much screaming search me. Not even a glance, they were there for a specific reason I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was volunteering with Shelter on the West Holts bar and spoke with a lady on the way back from the festival who had been on the bar at Love Bullets. She said it had been absolute hell working on that bar and a full blown fight had kicked off (I presume this is why all the police were there.) She said she got nothing but abuse from the majority of punters all weekend in there and there was little to no security. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fancied a go on the vertual reality club thing they had close by but everytime I passed that area it was full of idiots so never bothered to stop, infact most of that area around the glade was a no go for me this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, justperfect said:

I fancied a go on the vertual reality club thing they had close by but everytime I passed that area it was full of idiots so never bothered to stop, infact most of that area around the glade was a no go for me this year. 

Ah what a shame, always love it around Glade. Didn't spend too much time there this year (other than a brief dance in the Spaceport), but hope the atmosphere didn't suffer. Does Elrow attract idiots or something? Can't say I know much about it really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, big__phil said:

Ah what a shame, always love it around Glade. Didn't spend too much time there this year (other than a brief dance in the Spaceport), but hope the atmosphere didn't suffer. Does Elrow attract idiots or something? Can't say I know much about it really.

From my experience, yeah it does unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Glade itself seemed pretty lovely all weekend. The Saturday night crowd were a bit more arsey - but then we ran out of almost every drink you could name so I didn't really blame them! Most of our customers were lovely - but round the corner at The Brew Bar (by Love Bullet) which is also Shelter, I get her things were a bit different. It's amazing how much Glastonbury can vary n 20 yards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mate was in the tent at that time & he realised it got noticeably quieter, when he left to come over to meet me at west holts he then also noticed the police outside. Said he saw nothing going on inside whilst he was there though so couldn't understand what they were there for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mario man said:

My mate was in the tent at that time & he realised it got noticeably quieter, when he left to come over to meet me at west holts he then also noticed the police outside. Said he saw nothing going on inside whilst he was there though so couldn't understand what they were there for.

It's the largest police presence I have seen at Glastonbury so it seems odd that nothing apparent was going on inside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Migraine said:

It's the largest police presence I have seen at Glastonbury so it seems odd that nothing apparent was going on inside.

I agree, he took a photo and showed me! He couldn't understand it as there were none when he arrived & nothing happened whilst he was there! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was at Elrow for a few hours on the Thursday when we couldn't get anywhere near the Stonebridge Bar for Eats Everything. Noticed a few trout pouts and hair extensions etc, but apart from that the crowd was pretty good - this was day time though. Left at about 5pm to glorious sunshine outside the tent, was absolutely amazing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Spent a fair chunk of time in the Spike after hours this year and the vibe was always 

16950753-Italian-chef-Stock-Photo.jpg

Steve Davis there on Friday night was my festival highlight. Incredible atmosphere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Steve Davis there on Friday night was my festival highlight. Incredible atmosphere.

We were there at that time but whether or not it was him that was DJing I honestly dunno.  It's a wee bit hazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

loved the spike .. great atmosphere .. went in there 3 x  ... who was playing I have no idea ... only time it was no good was when a couple were having setup issues and the place just emptied :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Glade is the worst bit of the festival for me. Rubbish "thump thump thump" dance music, crowd full of agro out their nut idiots. Not a nice vibe to the place at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We were there at that time but whether or not it was him that was DJing I honestly dunno.  It's a wee bit hazy.

Him and his mate were on for three hours playing some incredible stuff. Everyone was loving it and it wasn't too crowded. And so pretty under the trees. Loved it.

Lovebullets scared the shit out of me whenever I went past though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Lovebullets after Justice for a bit of a boogie with Artwork

Was thinking it was pretty quiet for a guy who I've seen pack a tent many a time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, M_Il said:

Where exactly is lovebullets

Down a bit from Spaceport, it's a covered tent. Used to be in SE Corner and moved to Glade this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...