Lovebullets Police Sunday

Migraine

it seemed so out of place that tent, seemed to just have been dumped there without any real plan, I normally love the glade area as well sitting just outside it even listening to the tunes, but couldnt this time because of that mess blasting out boom boom boom just metres away. hope it doesnt come back for 2019 or at least gets resited

18 minutes ago, M_Il said:

Where exactly is lovebullets

Between Spaceport and the EE tent.

17 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

The Glade is the worst bit of the festival for me. Rubbish "thump thump thump" dance music, crowd full of agro out their nut idiots. Not a nice vibe to the place at all. 

Really The Glade was probably my favourite venue this year.

Steve Hillage, The Orb, Sasha and Digweed and System 7 were amongst my highlights.

Edited by Migraine

6 minutes ago, Migraine said:

Between Spaceport and the EE tent.

Really it was probably my favourite venue this year.

Steve Hillage, The Orb, Sasha and Digweed and System 7 were amongst my highlights.

Thank you  must have seen it then

Remember seeing some bizarre videos of people in giant Avatar costumes in there from my mates who spent a while there. Weird venue. Had fun the short time I spent there on Thursday but not the sort of thing that keeps my attention for very long. Still, seemed a suitably weird spot, don't get the hate.

We saw this wandering past at around 8.30 ish as well and wondered what the hell was going on as we couldn't see any signs of a disturbance or indeed much of anything going on inside the tent.  I agree it didn't sit well with the  Glade -- it was always a nice place to sit and chill for a bit outside - they had a fire pit going last year - quite a few times have sat down there for 5 mins then ended up being dragged into the Glade stage by the music going on in there but couldn't really hear it this year due to lovebullets.

Quite like The Glade itself but put Lovebullets and Spaceport in the same category as Beat Hotel for me - every time I walked past it was full of the knuggle dragging NOS brigade. So bizzare walking out of the bliss of Green Futures into that.

51 minutes ago, Eks101 said:

Quite like The Glade itself but put Lovebullets and Spaceport in the same category as Beat Hotel for me - every time I walked past it was full of the knuggle dragging NOS brigade. So bizzare walking out of the bliss of Green Futures into that.

We retreated to the peace gardens and permaculture gardens quite a bit from the heavy noise and crowds 

Usually hate all that kind of stuff but thought it was class on Thursday night, popped in there before heading up towards The Common.

Agree its in a bit of an awkward position as the crowds block the path outside, could do with being moved the other side of The Glade.

I walked past this event on Sun evening, there must have been at least 25 police AND over 30 security. I later heard from a security chap on the way up to pennards that it kept kicking of, often 2/3 fights going on at once with very little security so they had called for back up. 

To me it felt a bit heavy handed, in the current threatening climate it was almost impossible not to think the worst even though I always do my best not to. I understand that they had to put an end to fights but there may have been a more subtle way of doing it than sending 60ish high vis jackets into an area all at once.

Earlier in the weekend I popped my head in there and the music and decor was incredible but it was the only place on sight that I witnessed heavy shoulder drops, intimidating stares if you made eye contact with and what I would consider all round unglastonbury behaviour. Would have loved to see Eats Everything there but was 100% put off by the bad vibes.

I was in Lovebullets during Seth Troxer, Sunday night. Stood at the back on my own, two lads we're dealing balloons a few feet away. They were there about half a hour, when they said the "police had arrived and they were off" there was also a group or around 10-15 in front also taking balloons but not selling. The police/security  surrounded the tent let all the girls leave first.

When I tried to leave, they told me to go back inside. Word got around we were not allowed to leave. They were "looking for someone" tried to leave again, when there were about 30 of us left. Me, and most of the group with balloons, but not the lads who were selling they'd been gone about 20 mins.

Was proper worried at this stage, was on my own, but did have personal on me. Was very uncomfortable, felt like I was being kettled, with police/security at ever entrance, staring at us that were left. 

Tried to leave again behind the group with balloons, only to see the lad with the back pack full of balloons get searched and taken though a side door back stage. He didn't look happy!

Shortly after we were allowed to leave, phoned my mates who were waiting out side.

Felt sorry for Heidi, as it was empty when she came on, didn't look like filling up any time soon.

17 minutes ago, Vulpes vulpes said:

I was in Lovebullets during Seth Troxer, Sunday night. Stood at the back on my own, two lads we're dealing balloons a few feet away. They were there about half a hour, when they said the "police had arrived and they were off" there was also a group or around 10-15 in front also taking balloons but not selling. The police/security  surrounded the tent let all the girls leave first.

When I tried to leave, they told me to go back inside. Word got around we were not allowed to leave. They were "looking for someone" tried to leave again, when there were about 30 of us left. Me, and most of the group with balloons, but not the lads who were selling they'd been gone about 20 mins.

Was proper worried at this stage, was on my own, but did have personal on me. Was very uncomfortable, felt like I was being kettled, with police/security at ever entrance, staring at us that were left. 

Tried to leave again behind the group with balloons, only to see the lad with the back pack full of balloons get searched and taken though a side door back stage. He didn't look happy!

Shortly after we were allowed to leave, phoned my mates who were waiting out side.

Felt sorry for Heidi, as it was empty when she came on, didn't look like filling up any time soon.

Cheers, it does seem a bit heavy handed for balloons but at the same time it does sound like there was problems in there all weekend. I wouldn't worry about Heidi it was packed at Genosys later on when she played.

I was outside the spaceport about 8:30 on Sunday waiting for a mate and there was loads of security and then about 20 police turned up. Not running but walking very calmly from all directions.

The only thing i noticed was one of the security guys (main man I think) went over to a police and emptied his pockets of about 10 - 15 mobile phones and then pointed towards a venue (not sure which).

Police and security then moved to immediately outside this place.

The only thing i thought is that they had someone collared inside and he'd confiscated phones and if that was the case then very heavy handed.

Litter and NOS are in the annoyance category rather than the egregious category. I havent seen any reports of widespread behaviour worse than that?

Of course the social makeup of the tech house crowd is going to be different to that of the healing fields. Both are firmly within the patchwork of the glastonbury constituency and both contributed to the love of the weekend.

The tent itself was loads of fun when i went in during the elrow thing. It defienetly could be better placed due to sound bleed and a big crowd like on Thursday night getting in the way of a major festival thoroughfare.

My mate was walking from the JP towards the silver hayes before Ed Sheeran was coming on, he said there were loads of police. Someone else said there was a lot at the railway track. There was a rep[ort of a sexual assault I believe.

I'd say the things are related rather than it being to do with lovebullets (IMO)

1 hour ago, guinness_guzzler said:

I was outside the spaceport about 8:30 on Sunday waiting for a mate and there was loads of security and then about 20 police turned up. Not running but walking very calmly from all directions.

The only thing i noticed was one of the security guys (main man I think) went over to a police and emptied his pockets of about 10 - 15 mobile phones and then pointed towards a venue (not sure which).

Police and security then moved to immediately outside this place.

The only thing i thought is that they had someone collared inside and he'd confiscated phones and if that was the case then very heavy handed.

10-15 mobile phones ! That's a c**ts trick and not heavy handed in anyway. I'm no angel but when somebody's going round doing those type of numbers they need dealing with.