Random bursting into tears

O'Doyle Rules

Cried at the end of Kate tempest. Completely felt myself losing it then looked around and I was gone. 

began to cry in the killers at the moment of "staaaaaaaay if you wanna love me staaaaay - oh don't be shy, lets cause a scene..." In glamorous indie rock and roll, also in read my mind. They had been my absolute favourite band through the ages of 10 - 16, one of the first I saw live, twice, yet  I hadn't listened to them for ages but managed to get so close and adored it! 

I don't even know what emotion I was feeling at the point of foo fighters everlong fireworks.

Also welled up in biffy many of horror:wub: 

Edited by Jne___

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I cried real life tears to 'do you realise' by flaming lips as a) it's a beautiful song and b ) I thought of @mr gumby!  I also couldn't stop crying after Shaggy. Brought back memories of being a youngster 

Aww, bless you, CG. I just about managed to hold it together during Do You Realize, right up to the point when the band left the stage, and some random bloke just grabbed me and gave me a hug. Then I was in bits! He asked if I was ok, so I explained why the song means so much to me, and he immediately told the group he was with, who all hugged me too. Tears were streaming all the way back to camp :)

Normally cry on a sunday. Previous years "Lucille" Kenny Rogers "Hello" Lionel Ritchie "Caravan of love" Heaton & Abbott.

This year had tears on Friday at Hacienda Classical and Corbyn's speech Saturday but was having too much fun on Sunday to cry !! (Gibb & Chic)

Created my Glastonbury 2017 playlist on spotify on Tuesday and my lip wobbled as "One Day Like This" by Elbow played.

Still feel like crying as though my upset tummy is settling down I still have post Glastonbury manflu !

Don't know what's happened to me over the last couple of years, but I'm at risk of crying all the bloody time! Anything's enough to set me off.

Was blubbing like a baby all the way through First Aid Kit as they're my seven-year-old daughter's favourite band, and I was wishing she was there, thinking how much she'd love it. Few tears in Flaming Lips just for being so bloody brilliant and making so many people so happy.

Basically the whole of London Grammers set i was an absolute mess, all the great memories of the weekend going through my mind then all the great years before. Havent had the courage to watch the set back yet encase i go again!! 

Thanks for the condolances, we are all meeting up later to remember the good times and there were plenty of those.

Whilst at the festival the tears rolled on several occasions, Me & Bobby McGhee by Kris Kristofferson my Gran who passed away at the beginning of the year, it was her favourite song that hit me. May I add I thought KK was particularly brave considering his diagnosis of dementia and leaving himself bare with just an acoustic guitar, also the two guitarists with him done a wonderful job guiding him when needed.

Billy Bragg leading the crowd on Sunday afternoon in a singalong of Where Have All The Flowers Gone? It was absolutely stunning I'm sure I had something in my eye then.

17 hours ago, TheSheriff said:

It's been an absoloute nightmare since getting back. Unfortunately whilst at Glastonbury a friend of our whole group hung himself, he had been struggling with alcoholism over the past year. Understandingly I've found myself even more melancholy then on previous times since returning from the farm

Mate bad times. Sorry to hear this. Hope you're ok 

12 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Aww, bless you, CG. I just about managed to hold it together during Do You Realize, right up to the point when the band left the stage, and some random bloke just grabbed me and gave me a hug. Then I was in bits! He asked if I was ok, so I explained why the song means so much to me, and he immediately told the group he was with, who all hugged me too. Tears were streaming all the way back to camp :)

Oh God Mr G! You've only gone and set me off!! That's so fucking lovely! I love people at glastonbury. I don't much like people in real life. I'm pleased you had 'your moment'! 

I've been O.K. since I got home. Feeling quite chilled now, the Manchester bombing had really got me down in the run up and I was quite tearful before the festival.

Had a good bulb from the minutes silence at the beginning of Hacienda Classical to You Got The Love at the end. Standard tearful episode to Living Years. Then, after that felt happy again. Oddly, a bit of a wobble at Tilbrook/Difford (same at Squeeze last year, I have a distant post club 3am memory of driving home alone with "Tempted" on the radio, weirdly emotional moment on a country road).

All in all, I think a bit of free-and-easy sobbing at Hac' and Carrick did me good. 

Edited by TheNewUnion

This years at Glastonbury cries - First Aid Kit (Emylou), Jeremy Corbyn Speech, Justice (Waters of Nazareth) 

Post Glastonbury cries - watching any Glastonbury set c.5, On a train to London when my Glastonbury playlist came on, while texting a friend about how good Justice were, many more. I have just about stopped welling up at simple things now, the comedown is finally easing.

I think there will be tears on Saturday at The Maccabees and then will be me done. 

I don't half cry a lot at musical triggers.

7 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

This years at Glastonbury cries - First Aid Kit (Emylou), Jeremy Corbyn Speech, Justice (Waters of Nazareth) 

Post Glastonbury cries - watching any Glastonbury set c.5, On a train to London when my Glastonbury playlist came on, while texting a friend about how good Justice were, many more. I have just about stopped welling up at simple things now, the comedown is finally easing.

I think there will be tears on Saturday at The Maccabees and then will be me done. 

I don't half cry a lot at musical triggers.

Emylou breaks my heart, can't listen to it at work as I just cry. Beautiful song. 

1 minute ago, TheNewUnion said:

Emylou breaks my heart, can't listen to it at work as I just cry. Beautiful song. 

Was a quasi 'our song' with an ex too which makes it all the worse when I hear it live, broke up just before we went to the Royal Albert Hall gig a few years back.

13 hours ago, mr gumby said:

If I remember is it all tied in with the arrival of Gumby Jr? Beautiful stuff :)

I got my random hug from a stranger when Radiohead did No Surprises. Went to watch them on my own and got pulled into a group hug and sway with a bunch of strangers. Lovely times

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

If I remember is it all tied in with the arrival of Gumby Jr? Beautiful stuff :)

I got my random hug from a stranger when Radiohead did No Surprises. Went to watch them on my own and got pulled into a group hug and sway with a bunch of strangers. Lovely times

Just beautiful. Love the Glasto vibe 

56 minutes ago, Quark said:

Yeah, Mrs gumby and I each made CDs when we found out gumby jr. was on the way. We played them to 'the bump' during pregnancy, and then had them playing during labour, as (hopefully) familiar tunes. 'Do You Realize' was the last one on the cd I made, and happened to be the song playing when he was delivered.

I cried when busted sang "what I go to school for". Fucking loved it!! And So did everyone else that was there. It was Just seeing everyone so happy. 

"I dropped a pencil on the floor she bends down and shows me more. 

Thats what I go to school for" 

awesome :D