Random bursting into tears

O'Doyle Rules

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

I went for my lunchtime stroll and was humming Do You Realize?? to myself when suddenly my eyes started welling up with tears - not a great look on Tottenham Court Road. The post glasto blues are indeed mighty strong this year.

Put the light up hoodie back on and have a dance around your living room :) 

1 hour ago, TheSheriff said:

It's been an absoloute nightmare since getting back. Unfortunately whilst at Glastonbury a friend of our whole group hung himself, he had been struggling with alcoholism over the past year. Understandingly I've found myself even more melancholy then on previous times since returning from the farm

Ah Sheriff I'm so so sorry to read this. How awful for you all. Thoughts are with you xxx

I welled up to most songs I heard.

Future islands playing seasons led me to burst out crying uncontrollably, what a crowd.

The Flaming Lips and Father John Misty were on another level, past crying, sheer bliss and wonder.

When I got home Monday, and once I was out of ears reach of anyone, I cried like a baby.

Now I'm riding out the post-glasto joy waiting for the girl I met at Glasto to finish work to go for some drinks.

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I cried when I walked into the top of the Pyramid field at exactly the moment Paul Carrick launched into The Living Years. 

Had tears in my eyes during that myself. Actually thought of it today and welled up a little. Gave my aul fella a call. Ah crap, here we go again

Just now, alien said:

I welled up to most songs I heard.

Future islands playing seasons led me to burst out crying uncontrollably, what a crowd.

The Flaming Lips and Father John Misty were on another level, past crying, sheer bliss and wonder.

When I got home Monday, and once I was out of ears reach of anyone, I cried like a baby.

Now I'm riding out the post-glasto joy waiting for the girl I met at Glasto to finish work to go for some drinks.

That's lovely. Hope you and 'the girl' succeed. :wub: 

1 hour ago, TheSheriff said:

It's been an absoloute nightmare since getting back. Unfortunately whilst at Glastonbury a friend of our whole group hung himself, he had been struggling with alcoholism over the past year. Understandingly I've found myself even more melancholy then on previous times since returning from the farm

Sorry to hear that dude, condolences.

I had a few moments this year. The  sing along to Mil Artistik doing Sweet Leaf on Wednesday put a lump on my throat.

Hacienda Classical doing You Got The Love got me in my hungover state on Friday morning.

And dear God I wanted to sing along, but I couldn't even hum along when Katy Perry did Firework otherwise I would have full on lost it.

I've concluded I'm becoming a sentimental old sap as I get older!

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Sorry to hear that dude, condolences.

I had a few moments this year. The  sing along to Mil Artistik doing Sweet Leaf on Wednesday put a lump on my throat.

Hacienda Classical doing You Got The Love got me in my hungover state on Friday morning.

And dear God I wanted to sing along, but I couldn't even hum along when Katy Perry did Firework otherwise I would have full on lost it.

I've concluded I'm becoming a sentimental old sap as I get older!

Mik didn't do 'sweet leaf on The two occasions I saw him. I wasn't happy! Tho the rest of his sets were great! Hacienda classical gave me a 'glastonbury moment' as well as most of the people around me. My eyes were leaking badly! I'm certainly getting more emotional as I get older. I think it's to do with losing people close to you and having memories, also remind you life is short. Enjoy it whilst we can lovely x

I always have to get a good cry in each year. I think it's good for you. I cried when Craig David talked about the hard times in his career and how he's so glad to be back playing to us all and I cried when Chic talked about the amazing Nile Rodgers. I guess I like a heartfelt speech from an artist really enjoying themselves! 

I cried watching the XX back today but that's all so far! 

Edited by Brumbot
A word

If anything Ive had the opposite effect and feel ready to take the world on. Aint back at work yet so that might crush that but I feel more inspired than I have in a while. 

That said I wish Id stayed of aocial media as seeing a load of posts about a kid from our area that is dying and a video about Dave Ghrol dedicating a Glasto song to a woman who died a mobth earlier and her story put me on a bit of a downer. 

Cried at Hascienda, Paul Carrack, Loyle Carner and Radiohead.

Have cried since, catching up with Kate Tempest on iplayer and started welling up when I went to rewatch The Killers of all people! Turned it off as I didn't want remember myself as the guy that cried watching the killers. Hadn't even planned on seeing them until a couple of hours before on the Sunday. If someone last week had told me I wouldn't be able to get through an iplayer set of the killers I would have told them to get to fuck, now look at me!

When Barry Gibb was singing 'I just gotta get a message to you' with his son on Sunday, I was close to bursting into tears for some strange reason. The song means nothing to me, and I wasn't thinking of anyone in particular.

I stood there with my shades on, desperately hoping my mate who I was with didn't try and talk to me haha. 

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I cried when I walked into the top of the Pyramid field at exactly the moment Paul Carrick launched into The Living Years. 

Same. Cried with pure joy again leaving JP after seeing The Killers.  Cried yestedag watching the BBC highlights montage. Was fine until tonight then had another cry watching The Maccabees play their last gig in Manchester. Emotional wreck this week good job I'm not in work til Monday

Tentatively watched back my first set on I-player today being the Foo Fighters set. Definitely something in my eye during the wooah ohs during and after Best of You. Fantastic moment to have been a part of.

Literally can't stop since waking up Tuesday morning. Every small thing makes me so so sad and reading this thread had me tearing up every second post. I'm feeling absolutely wrecked emotionally.  I did a 12 hour sleep last night( finally) and need to do another 12 hours tonight i think. 

1 minute ago, MetaKate said:

Literally can't stop since waking up Tuesday morning. Every small thing makes me so so sad and reading this thread had me tearing up every second post. I'm feeling absolutely wrecked emotionally.  I did a 12 hour sleep last night( finally) and need to do another 12 hours tonight i think. 

It will get better!