Your top Glastonbury sets ever

arcade fireman

6 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Imagine watching a Beatles cover band when actual real Keef, Micks Jagger and Taylor, and Charlie Watts are on stage a couple hundred yards away, and they're on form and playing hit after hit.

Ronnie Wood there for comic relief, the grubby peado.

Helps if you're a fan though

Radiohead '17. Best band I have ever seen and I will be amazed if anything in my life beats it. It's just so effortless for them and the setlist was spot on as was the atmosphere and the crowd. Nothing was wrong, in that moment of time everything was truly in its right place. 

• Upvote 5

Here's the first 10 that come to mind (in no particular order)

Radiohead 2003

XX 2013

Chemical Brothers every time 

Stevie Wonder

Metallica

Beyonce

Chic 2013

Massive Attack 2014

Lianne La Havas 2017

Snoop Dogg 2010

Honourable mention to Hobo Jones & The Junkyard Dogs 

21 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I wonder if there was anyone at Chas'n'Dave in 2005 that doesn't rate it as one of the all time greats.

So fucking random, but the stars aligned that day for some reason to result in a gig that was just incredible.

very true,

such an amazing set.. everything was just right came out with no voice after bouncing all the way through , the whole crown just loved it.

• 8 months later...

Ahhhh dudes, this thread is bad ass! Been looking for somewhere with fond memories of Glastonbury - my first ever festival! 2000 was my year... So much fun I missed some acts I went to see. Dang!

Notable gigs for 2000:

Moby

NIN

Chemical brothers

Live

Jules Holland rhythm and blues band

A perfect circle

Jon pigweed - glade

I missed:  

LEFTFIELD!!!

DEATH IN VEGAS

FAT BOY SLIM

GROOVE ARMADA

JOSH WINK

GILES PETERSON and soooooo many more...

Does anyone have any of these guys recordings to share? Can't find any anywhere atm... Will share any I find too. Tah :-)

In no particular order apart from the Stones being number one by a country mile:

Stones - 2013

Metallica - 2014

Coldplay - 2011

Anti-flag - 2014

Frank Turner - Other Stage 2015

St Paul and the Broken Bones - 2016

Killers - 2017

Elbow - 2014

The Hold Steady - 2010

Toots - 2010

Apologies to Billy Bragg 2016, Robert Plant 2014, Ryan Adams 2015 and Hobo every year.

Edited by Gnomicide
Muppetry.

Ray Davies - Acoustic Tent 2009

Blur - Pyramid 2009

Skrillex - Other 2014

Robert Plant - Pyramid 2013

Lady Gaga - Club Dada 2009

QOTSA - Other 2011

The Verve - Pyramid 2008

Suede - John Peel 2015

Skrillex B2B Chase & Status - Arcadia 2013

Justice - West Holts 2017

Any of Fatboy Slim's numerous secret sets

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 12:05 AM, hpants said:

Radiohead '17. Best band I have ever seen and I will be amazed if anything in my life beats it. It's just so effortless for them and the setlist was spot on as was the atmosphere and the crowd. Nothing was wrong, in that moment of time everything was truly in its right place. 

100% this. What an astonishing performance. Truly deserving of a Glastonbury headline spot.

Only done the past 2 times, but here's my top 10 for those 2 years anyhow

1. Radiohead, Pyramid Stage - 2017
  2. New Order, Other Stage - 2016
  3. Chic, Pyramid Stage - 2017
  4. Tame Impala, Pyramid Stage - 2016
  5. The Last Shadow Puppets, Pyramid Stage - 2016
  6. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, John Peel Stage - 2017
  7. Editors, Other Stage - 2016
  8. PJ Harvey, Other Stage - 2016
  9. Run The Jewels, Pyramid Stage - 2017
  10. Future Islands, John Peel Stage - 2017

The Killers - John Peel 2017 - just an incredible atmosphere and special to be a part of.

Adele - Pyramid Stage 2016 - absolutely smashed it. Was there with my best friends who I don't get to see too often and it was perfect, almost brought a tear to my eye.

Mumford & Sons - John Peel 2010 - my first Glastonbury and the whole crowd was so into it. The energy was electrifying for 15 year old me.

Muse - Pyramid Stage 2010 - my first headliner and one of my favourite bands at the time. I remember we were 3 rows from the front and my friend had a mirror which we used to look back at the crowd. The energy and excitement was unreal.

Kasabian - Pyramid Stage 2014 - that entire night was probably the best night of my life. I was surrounded by my best friends, everyone was is the moment and the whole night was incredible. Might be the happiest I've ever felt.

The Rolling Stones - Pyramid Stage 2013 - the sense of excitement and togetherness in that crowd was incredible. What a show.

The xx - Pyramid Stage 2017 - mesmerising.

Caravan Palace - The Hell Stage 2016 - dancing madness mega party.

Elbow - Pyramid Stage 2011 - perfect soundtrack to my friends' summer.

Coldplay - Pyramid Stage 2016 - we were right at the back and the light show was incredible.

Christine & The Queens - Other Stage 2016 - a lot of fun in the pouring rain.

The Stones were so good to the point that I'm not seeing them in Croke Park. Leaving my Stones live memory at the eery atmosphere the flares and lighting created during Sympathy for the Devil which was unique for an outdoor gig, Keef blessing himself and the crowd singing the Satisfaction riff at the band as they walked off.

And pissing into empty volvic bottles.

Euphoric stuff. 

• Like 2

Can't remember all dates but will have a go 

Radiohead 97 amazing secret gig was OK last year's wasn't as good as the first one 

Faithless wifes favourite 

REM one of the best 

Levellers as always amazing 

Oasis.. Just because they hated each other.. Good tunes as well tho 

Bowie legend 

Doves don't remember much but I always remember it if you get it 

Libertines 16 one of the my favourite days me and her went mad Babyshambles same as but not sure year also pete solo 09.. I like pete 

Modest mouse.. My son TOOK ME to see them 

New model army.. All hail.. Had lost a close friend so ment alot 

Neil diamond.. All those tunes true legend 

Mona great but not sure what there up to now also saw foster the people thought I'd throw them in the mix 

The who.. Had my daughter on my shoulders.. Couldn't do that now lol 

Pil and Portishead in 13 

Dreadzone anytime they play especially that year when the site lost power but not in the glade where they played on.. Good friends as well. 

Courtney Barnett missed her on main stage but she was great.... Pissed.... But great in William's Green.

Moody blues only caught half same as barcly james harvest which I was gutted about 

Suzanne vega.... Wife's other favourite lol 

Band of horses 16 in Peel stage amongst the best along with the killers secret gig same year..???? 

Steve wonder had to be done 

Edit.... Hugh Cornwell and the Depeche mode tribute band just for my mates 

New order 16 especially when they played love will tear us apart I was all ready to go to bed but that sent me on one lol 

Neil Young...... End ov best ever 

Last year was special as I had baby Ruby for the last day so we did kids stuff but the funny thing is the more I try to remember the less I remember lol.. Obviously we watched radiohead and Foo but I remember having baby Ruby on my shoulders for some of rag and bone man.... Which killed but wouldn't change a thing.... and the killers but yea I suppose over the years it all rolls into one.. But the best 

Neil Young 

Oh and jumped the broomstick with the wife in 2015

Edited by guypjfreak

2009 - Status Quo

2010 - Slash featuring Miles Kennedy

2011 - Coldplay (emotional personally)

2012 - The Stone Roses @ V festival

2013 - Chic featuring Nile Rodgers

2014 - Jonny Lang

2015 - Patti Smith

2016 - James

2017 - Alison Moyet

1 hour ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

2016 really was a bit of a washout in that regard. In both senses of the word.

There were a right few absolute gems in 2016. Kamasi Washington, Patti Griffin, ZZ Top, Ronnie Spector, St Paul and the Broken Bones, Art Garfunkel. Half of his set anyway. Great year.