NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Think I'm a bit late to the party, but the man has always been dancing for me! 

In other news, I am sat outside with gin (Opihir and ginger ale, holy fuck it's good!), the cat, and a rapidly increasing number of mosquito bites. Might eat some cheese in a minute. I know how to party. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Heeeelllo :bye:

I'm being a complete geek...playing Magic the Gathering in the sun in  Lotherton Hall grounds next to Monty Bus :)

Hoping you're all having as splendid a Sunday as I am.

Peace & love.

Hello! Wow, I've not been there for a long while and I'm only 10 miles away. The sun's here too in Leeds and has been shining down during the family get together today. I can chill now, and wait for MrsCJ to come downstairs to begin her ChestFest (aka Poldark), and tell me off for doing my Robert Newton impersonation.

H, please leave some sun in Cornwall for August.

2 hours ago, carlosj said:

Hello! Wow, I've not been there for a long while and I'm only 10 miles away. The sun's here too in Leeds and has been shining down during the family get together today. I can chill now, and wait for MrsCJ to come downstairs to begin her ChestFest (aka Poldark), and tell me off for doing my Robert Newton impersonation.

H, please leave some sun in Cornwall for August.

I think there's less exposure of Aidan Turner's chest these days.  More time for him to concentrate on being dark and brooding.

We're in Cornwall the first half of August too.  Whereabouts are you going Carlos?

Glad everyone's been soaking up some rays today.  We've been clearing out the shed (whoop).  The rodents, spiders and wrens were enjoying living there, but it's nice to bring it back into use for our stuff.

Godiva festival yesterday was ok, but the lack of areas to chill and watch the world go by meant it was hard going at times.  Also have never seen so many completely wasted people (vast majority under 25). I was feeling rather old, but then struck up a conversation with a lad who'd mislaid his friends while we were watching the Amazons.  Turned out he'd been to Glastonbury too, and we talked about bands we'd seen as if the 35+ year age difference didn't exist.  A little Glastonbury bubble which hadn't burst yet. 

32 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

I think there's less exposure of Aidan Turner's chest these days.  More time for him to concentrate on being dark and brooding.

We're in Cornwall the first half of August too.  Whereabouts are you going Carlos?

Glad everyone's been soaking up some rays today.  We've been clearing out the shed (whoop).  The rodents, spiders and wrens were enjoying living there, but it's nice to bring it back into use for our stuff.

Godiva festival yesterday was ok, but the lack of areas to chill and watch the world go by meant it was hard going at times.  Also have never seen so many completely wasted people (vast majority under 25). I was feeling rather old, but then struck up a conversation with a lad who'd mislaid his friends while we were watching the Amazons.  Turned out he'd been to Glastonbury too, and we talked about bands we'd seen as if the 35+ year age difference didn't exist.  A little Glastonbury bubble which hadn't burst yet. 

We're off to a campsite near Fowey, and then the rest of the family are dotted around the area. I've not been for years. Where are you off to?  I'm tempted to call in to Worthy Farm on the way back as we're taking 2 days to get back to Yorkshire. Yep, the festival does start conversations going :-)

Edited by carlosj

54 minutes ago, carlosj said:

We're off to a campsite near Fowey, and then the rest of the family are dotted around the area. I've not been for years. Where are you off to?  I'm tempted to call in to Worthy Farm on the way back as we're taking 2 days to get back to Yorkshire. Yep, the festival does start conversations going :-)

We'll be plaguing the rellies near Bodmin,  though they don't complain as we always take a case or 2 of wine with us. OH won a bottle of Dom Perignon on Friday so we'll be taking that too.  My birthday always coincides with the peak of the Perseids meteor shower in August, so I'll be watching the skies with glass of expensive fizz in hand. :)

• Upvote 1

Its a glorious day, we've done a good walk down to the coast, climbed a bastard hill, had some lunch then got back to the cottage. Sat outside having a glass of prosecco and have had to take refuge indoors. Not from the glorious sunshine but the fucking bastard bonfire the owners are burning. Eyes are bleeding. 

In other news I have some pretty divisive photographic evidence of @fatyeti24 eating a scone/scone with cream and jam. 

1 minute ago, H.M.V said:

Its a glorious day, we've done a good walk down to the coast, climbed a bastard hill, had some lunch then got back to the cottage. Sat outside having a glass of prosecco and have had to take refuge indoors. Not from the glorious sunshine but the fucking bastard bonfire the owners are burning. Eyes are bleeding. 

In other news I have some pretty divisive photographic evidence of @fatyeti24 eating a scone/scone with cream and jam. 

Yeah yeah yeah, lovely weather, nice walking, very picturesque.

Post the goddamn scone photo...

21 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Shit not the whole scone debacle again.... :o

We've got a lot of time to fill till 2019. We could even relaunch the futile 'what do you call your non-loaf small round bread products?' discussion, but that would make me hungrier.

21 minutes ago, Quark said:

Some things are important!

Yep. More than the report I'm writing, anyway.

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's not pronounced scone, it's pronounced scone. 

I agree. MrsCJ, on the other hand, doesn't.