Jump to content
fatyeti24

NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

Recommended Posts

Is he trying for the BBC introducing stage??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, carlosj said:

Is he trying for the BBC introducing stage??

Would they be brave enough not to book him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh that sounds interesting, Dee! Although I thought you were saying YOU were in a band too!!! :)

Resale nerves in full swing here. Trying to keep busy to stop panicking! Luckily I've got a few gigs coming up from this weekend to keep me occupied! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Ooh that sounds interesting, Dee! Although I thought you were saying YOU were in a band too!!! :)

Resale nerves in full swing here. Trying to keep busy to stop panicking! Luckily I've got a few gigs coming up from this weekend to keep me occupied! 

 

I will edit to make it a little more obvious I think.

the ticket gods are with you Lucy 🤞🤞🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello lovely people and apologies for my extended absence.  It's been an interesting few months but hopefully things are looking up now.

Sorry to hear about your cousin @Curlygirl and your friend @Funkyfairy!, but great news FF that you've been accepted for the bin painting job.  @guypjfreak and @vintagelaureate I'm glad your girls are doing ok on what must be a scary ride for all of you. @deebeedoobee  we heard your 6 Music interview as we were driving back from Cornwall in January.  Sooo envious of you living in Pilton.  @lucyginger fingers crossed for your volunteer application.  As usual I miss loads of people out, :friends:to all.

After 15 years I left my volunteer/occasionally paid counselling job at the hospice, in despair that all of the concerns  raised by me (and others) about the psychopath manager were being ignored.   In response to my resignation,  she emailed various people (including the Chief Executive),  slagging me off... and 'accidentally' copied me in!  I considered what to do, discarded my initial furious response, and replied all, expressing my disappointment at her unprofessional behaviour, and implying I'd be taking further action. Rather than the expected instant dismissal,  I got a fulsome apology from the CEO, and it seems she is now seeing the manager in a new light.  Too late to stop me leaving,  but the door's open to going back if things change as a result of the current investigation. Meanwhile I'm building up my private practice and enjoying being free of the politics which comes with working for a charity.

Youngest got an interview for Cambridge but wasn't offered a place.  A tiny bit disappointing, but amazing that he got so far.  He has an offer from Leeds and will probably be happier there as he really likes the course.  And his girlfriend (yes I know!!) is likely to be going there too. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dizzymoo said:

Hello lovely people and apologies for my extended absence.  It's been an interesting few months but hopefully things are looking up now.

Sorry to hear about your cousin @Curlygirl and your friend @Funkyfairy!, but great news FF that you've been accepted for the bin painting job.  @guypjfreak and @vintagelaureate I'm glad your girls are doing ok on what must be a scary ride for all of you. @deebeedoobee  we heard your 6 Music interview as we were driving back from Cornwall in January.  Sooo envious of you living in Pilton.  @lucyginger fingers crossed for your volunteer application.  As usual I miss loads of people out, :friends:to all.

After 15 years I left my volunteer/occasionally paid counselling job at the hospice, in despair that all of the concerns  raised by me (and others) about the psychopath manager were being ignored.   In response to my resignation,  she emailed various people (including the Chief Executive),  slagging me off... and 'accidentally' copied me in!  I considered what to do, discarded my initial furious response, and replied all, expressing my disappointment at her unprofessional behaviour, and implying I'd be taking further action. Rather than the expected instant dismissal,  I got a fulsome apology from the CEO, and it seems she is now seeing the manager in a new light.  Too late to stop me leaving,  but the door's open to going back if things change as a result of the current investigation. Meanwhile I'm building up my private practice and enjoying being free of the politics which comes with working for a charity.

Youngest got an interview for Cambridge but wasn't offered a place.  A tiny bit disappointing, but amazing that he got so far.  He has an offer from Leeds and will probably be happier there as he really likes the course.  And his girlfriend (yes I know!!) is likely to be going there too. 

I'm glad things are working out and good luck with the new work, and your son's uni. General pastoral support is really good at Leeds, for my step daughter and her being on the spectrum, aspie. And, he can take you to the Brudenell Social Club for gigs!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @dizzymoo, and glad things are working out for you, wow she sounds like a ‘great ‘ manager and karma will come grab her I’m sure.... must be nice to be free 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Hello lovely people and apologies for my extended absence.  It's been an interesting few months but hopefully things are looking up now.

Sorry to hear about your cousin @Curlygirl and your friend @Funkyfairy!, but great news FF that you've been accepted for the bin painting job.  @guypjfreak and @vintagelaureate I'm glad your girls are doing ok on what must be a scary ride for all of you. @deebeedoobee  we heard your 6 Music interview as we were driving back from Cornwall in January.  Sooo envious of you living in Pilton.  @lucyginger fingers crossed for your volunteer application.  As usual I miss loads of people out, :friends:to all.

After 15 years I left my volunteer/occasionally paid counselling job at the hospice, in despair that all of the concerns  raised by me (and others) about the psychopath manager were being ignored.   In response to my resignation,  she emailed various people (including the Chief Executive),  slagging me off... and 'accidentally' copied me in!  I considered what to do, discarded my initial furious response, and replied all, expressing my disappointment at her unprofessional behaviour, and implying I'd be taking further action. Rather than the expected instant dismissal,  I got a fulsome apology from the CEO, and it seems she is now seeing the manager in a new light.  Too late to stop me leaving,  but the door's open to going back if things change as a result of the current investigation. Meanwhile I'm building up my private practice and enjoying being free of the politics which comes with working for a charity.

Youngest got an interview for Cambridge but wasn't offered a place.  A tiny bit disappointing, but amazing that he got so far.  He has an offer from Leeds and will probably be happier there as he really likes the course.  And his girlfriend (yes I know!!) is likely to be going there too. 

Thank you.. Glad you feel free and good luck to your boy Cambridge is for toffs anyway lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

I will edit to make it a little more obvious I think.

the ticket gods are with you Lucy 🤞🤞🤞

 

13 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Hello lovely people and apologies for my extended absence.  It's been an interesting few months but hopefully things are looking up now.

Sorry to hear about your cousin @Curlygirl and your friend @Funkyfairy!, but great news FF that you've been accepted for the bin painting job.  @guypjfreak and @vintagelaureate I'm glad your girls are doing ok on what must be a scary ride for all of you. @deebeedoobee  we heard your 6 Music interview as we were driving back from Cornwall in January.  Sooo envious of you living in Pilton.  @lucyginger fingers crossed for your volunteer application.  As usual I miss loads of people out, :friends:to all.

After 15 years I left my volunteer/occasionally paid counselling job at the hospice, in despair that all of the concerns  raised by me (and others) about the psychopath manager were being ignored.   In response to my resignation,  she emailed various people (including the Chief Executive),  slagging me off... and 'accidentally' copied me in!  I considered what to do, discarded my initial furious response, and replied all, expressing my disappointment at her unprofessional behaviour, and implying I'd be taking further action. Rather than the expected instant dismissal,  I got a fulsome apology from the CEO, and it seems she is now seeing the manager in a new light.  Too late to stop me leaving,  but the door's open to going back if things change as a result of the current investigation. Meanwhile I'm building up my private practice and enjoying being free of the politics which comes with working for a charity.

Youngest got an interview for Cambridge but wasn't offered a place.  A tiny bit disappointing, but amazing that he got so far.  He has an offer from Leeds and will probably be happier there as he really likes the course.  And his girlfriend (yes I know!!) is likely to be going there too. 

Thanks both!!! :)

Good update, Dizzy. Glad to hear you're getting yourself sorted after leaving that job!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @dizzymoo

I've just found overnight coaches going to and from the festival... as I HAVE to be in work on the Monday (argh!) it's a tempting option as I could actually sleep! 

Also, looking ahead it's going to be extremely difficult for me to get Wednesday and Thursday off after this year, such is my work! 

Hope all is well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2019 at 8:32 PM, dizzymoo said:

and enjoying being free of the politics which comes with working for a charity.

 

Hello dizzymoo,

I worked for a housing charity for 28 (long) years. The politics , the face fitting, and the staggering ineptitude of higher management was, almost, beyond comprehension. I've only worked in the private sector briefly but know that you'd never get away with those type of shenanigans within it. 

Good luck with your private work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning all 

I’m a little dizzy today for various reasons , off to London today for the weekend to see James at the royal Albert hall and then go to a camping show on Sunday ... yay tent viewing and buying 

But more to the point , there’s always 4 of us go to Glastonbury together , and this year 2 of us have painting jobs which meant the other two were going as punters, and something didn’t feel right, it was the sense of sharing a new adventure I think , and not really being able to get excited around them as I know they were unsuccessful and hadn’t got a painting place.... anyway late last night they were both offered places, due to drop outs , and so it’s all been turned on it’s head. We are all giddy and proving they can still get  the extended time off work all 4 of us will be working together, and 4 tickets and a cv ticket will be going back in the pot for one of you lucky lot to grab hopefully . 

I am one dizzy fairy today for sure . 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Morning all 

I’m a little dizzy today for various reasons , off to London today for the weekend to see James at the royal Albert hall and then go to a camping show on Sunday ... yay tent viewing and buying 

But more to the point , there’s always 4 of us go to Glastonbury together , and this year 2 of us have painting jobs which meant the other two were going as punters, and something didn’t feel right, it was the sense of sharing a new adventure I think , and not really being able to get excited around them as I know they were unsuccessful and hadn’t got a painting place.... anyway late last night they were both offered places, due to drop outs , and so it’s all been turned on it’s head. We are all giddy and proving they can still get  the extended time off work all 4 of us will be working together, and 4 tickets and a cv ticket will be going back in the pot for one of you lucky lot to grab hopefully . 

I am one dizzy fairy today for sure . 

 

That’s fab news. Time to Glastobate now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good all round @dizzymoo and @Funkyfairy!, happy days.  Really good to hear youngest is doing so well, we've been following the developments for so long now I feel really invested in his story!

Fingers crossed for resales for those in need.  Got a couple of people to try and sort out for but will do what I can to get you guys on the farm!  Are you still trying for tix @guypjfreak?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

That’s fab news. Time to Glastobate now

Oh we are , in massive doses today 🙂 ... just so excited to spend 3 weeks on site, in Somerset , beng able to explore at weekends, meander into Pilton and just see it all come together ....  all 4 of us will be lined up to try for resale’s for people x 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wet penance seems to have stopped in Bradford and it's drying up for the weekend. Yay!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Oh we are , in massive doses today 🙂 ... just so excited to spend 3 weeks on site, in Somerset , beng able to explore at weekends, meander into Pilton and just see it all come together ....  all 4 of us will be lined up to try for resale’s for people x 

Beer in the Crown with us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Quark said:

Sounds good all round @dizzymoo and @Funkyfairy!, happy days.  Really good to hear youngest is doing so well, we've been following the developments for so long now I feel really invested in his story!

Fingers crossed for resales for those in need.  Got a couple of people to try and sort out for but will do what I can to get you guys on the farm!  Are you still trying for tix @guypjfreak?

Yes old son but as I said I'm gonna be a bit high in the sky.... We actually moved our dates cos we thought the tix would be on the 3rd Sunday of the month.. Nightmare ah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baby Eliza DJing hard at her first sleepover. G

IMG_20190308_101252633.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Quark said:

Sounds good all round @dizzymoo and @Funkyfairy!, happy days.  Really good to hear youngest is doing so well, we've been following the developments for so long now I feel really invested in his story!

Fingers crossed for resales for those in need.  Got a couple of people to try and sort out for but will do what I can to get you guys on the farm!  Are you still trying for tix @guypjfreak?

Aw thanks Quark.  I leant on everyone here so heavily when things were bad,  it's nice to be able to share the good stuff now.  What fantastic news @Funkyfairy!, so pleased for you and your friends.

How's this for spooky - for around 10 years I've had Firestarter as my phone's ringtone.  Yesterday it reverted to a generic ring tone, having deleted Firestarter completely, not just from the ringtones but from the music files.  RIP Keith;  the more I hear about him,  the greater the sadness at the loss of such a force of nature who was a genuinely nice bloke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Baby Eliza DJing hard at her first sleepover. G

IMG_20190308_101252633.jpg

After all the shite last year that's an awesome sight dude. Happy days.

Make sure you share the details for tix and we'll do what we can 👍🏻

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Quark said:

After all the shite last year that's an awesome sight dude. Happy days.

Make sure you share the details for tix and we'll do what we can 👍🏻

Yep. This. That way Eliza can crowd surf for PJ at the Pyramid stage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turns out Michael Eavis is singing tonight with my mates band. Well he kept that a secret.

Photos to follow.

Edited by deebeedoobee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

So. Second song from Michael was Fleetwood Mac. Does 2+2 =5?

 

31C4B3FC-2F2E-4F18-869A-949FFC15EB4D.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...