NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:46 PM, Tranquility of Solitude said:

On a wee tour of England just now, and popped by the farm yesterday. Couple of pics (if the upload works). Those bin painters will have their work cut out!

IMG_20190205_101210.jpg

Thank you for posting this, t made me smile on a pretty rubbish day. Found out today a great friend, the kindest most beautiful soul of a lady passed away this morning after a too short battle with the big C at a too young age, she didn;t tell many people and didn't want anyone to see her not looking amazing. She got married last Saturday at the hospice and I'm so glad she got the chance to fulfil that wish x

This made me smile for the first time today  as its my first year as a bin painter and even more so today I am so glad I have this opportunity in 4 months time to spend two weeks making these bins look beautiful, giving something back to the festival that changed my whole outlook on life , hanging out with amazing people and just doing something that feels great, nurtures a creative side I think I have hidden somewhere and gets me  outside of the corporate 'hamster wheel' world for nearly a month

thank you @Tranquility of Solitude

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

On 2/7/2019 at 8:25 PM, Quark said:

'sup players? Happy new year (operating on Chinese lunar calendar this year).

Currently sat outside Alexandra Palace nursing a beer. Tix with Mrs Q to see Chvrches and shit means she's running proper late. Security wouldn't let me in and then back out to meet her for the walk up to the station. So instead I sit here on my tod, missing Let's Eat Grandma. They'd better play thebloody farm I tell 'ee.

Will read back and catch up a bit, hope y'all be well

How were Chvrches? I trust Mrs Q made it in time. They're on my to see list but never quite made it yet, hoping for a farm appearance in June.

On 2/10/2019 at 8:21 PM, Losing my hair said:

How were Chvrches? I trust Mrs Q made it in time. They're on my to see list but never quite made it yet, hoping for a farm appearance in June.

Solid, her voice has got better live if anything and the new material has grown on me. Wouldn't rate it up there, with top gigs, but then Mrs Q really isn't one for getting in the middle of the crowd so we were outside the atmosphere a bit. If you like their stuff then you'd like them live is probably a safe description.

Missed Let's Eat Grandma due to her tardiness though :(

Edited by Quark

Hi all... I think I have had the best Februaury ever!!! InCider festival was bloody amazing. Thanx to Fuelled by Cider for putting on a winter fest, it really broke up the blues. What a stomper it was. It was held at Pontins in Weston Super Mare (The rooms were a disgrace) and for it being the first one, it was very well organised. The bands were amazing and most of them hung out with us for the weekend too. Of course I got to see Beans, and act a little bit like a geek ?  Then a week later I saw Beans again in Newcastle in a gorgeous little venue that only holds 275. I could've licked his toes he was that close, but I vowed to be cool and unstalkerish. And I suceeded. Bought Jay a pint, had a bit natter, got some stuff signed and left one very happy lass. I have no gigs planned now until May, and Mik Atristik is up here to kick start the season off.

@Funkyfairy! I'm so sorry to read of the passing of your dear friend... Life is certainly unfair sometimes. Much love to you petal x

19 hours ago, RichardWaller said:

Absolutely fucking gutted but gotta accept defeat, can’t afford to go. Here’s hoping it’s a dry one for everyone else and there goes a few more tickets in the hat for the resale. Maybe see you next year...

Is there no conceivable way?? Cheap noodles for tea for the next 6 weeks? Borrow it? Fake your death and claim insurance?? Gutted for ya Richard, I can't imagine how you must be feeling.

Hi all - not much activity on here for a few weeks and I am swinging between blind optimism that I will get a ticket in the resale and reading everything to total pessimism and not wanting to torture myself reading all the stuff on this lovely website as it makes me feel sad.

Glad you enjoyed your first fest of 2019 CG - how many more do you have booked this year?

Sorry you can't make it Richard - do you have anything to put on ebay - jewellery furniture, kids... must be gutting for you knowing you have a ticket but cant stretch your funds.

hope everyone else is good xxx

2 hours ago, noplacelikehome said:

Glad you enjoyed your first fest of 2019 CG - how many more do you have booked this year?

I have 6 more, two of which are only day tickets. Bearded Theory, The big G, Kubix, Kendal Calling, Leeds and The big fake festival. Dotty we will try our very hardest for all you ticketless ones. I just want to know when resale day is as I'm working 21st. Do you think they'll have it on Easter Sunday??

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:06 PM, RichardWaller said:

Absolutely fucking gutted but gotta accept defeat, can’t afford to go. Here’s hoping it’s a dry one for everyone else and there goes a few more tickets in the hat for the resale. Maybe see you next year...

Dig deep- any possessions you can sell, its surprising how one mans stuff they don;t need makes money, I'm selling stuff at the moment for a new tent and every £5 for a set of flasks etc all helps. Can you take on extra casual work for 6 weeks - function work/bar work - every penny helps

And if you really can;t afford it and its much less stress to not go then I wish you all the best, its just one year, and start saving all the pennies ready for next year

2 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I have 6 more, two of which are only day tickets. Bearded Theory, The big G, Kubix, Kendal Calling, Leeds and The big fake festival. Dotty we will try our very hardest for all you ticketless ones. I just want to know when resale day is as I'm working 21st. Do you think they'll have it on Easter Sunday??

Sounds great @Curlygirl - we have booked for Neighbourhood festival a local 2 dayer ( very indie based but we kinda like that) and if we do fail with the big G are looking at either Kendal or Bluedot (which is again close to home) but no caravan tickets available for either of those atm  - not sure I can cope with camping any more! Used to go to leeds every year for years when much younger - nothing much on the line up appeals any more but had some great times there.  Hoping the current headliner rumours are true as don't think it would result in a massive rush for the resale- any more than normal that is

@funkyfairy am loving your posts re excitement over volunteering - am so jealous.  Did consider looking at volunteering but no way we could a) get time off work and b) leave the kids for that long - we have very understanding and helpful parents who already come and stay for 5 days when we just go to the festival so can't ask them to do an extra 2-3 days- need them to grow up so we can leave them to it (might get called in by social services if we left an 8 and 12 year old to fend for themselves for the week...)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, noplacelikehome said:

Sounds great @Curlygirl - we have booked for Neighbourhood festival a local 2 dayer ( very indie based but we kinda like that) and if we do fail with the big G are looking at either Kendal or Bluedot (which is again close to home) but no caravan tickets available for either of those atm  - not sure I can cope with camping any more! 

Neighbourhood looks fab, always a good line up. Kendal and bluedot are sold out of campervan tickets but there’s a waiting list and also always tickets coming up on fb sites. I’m not aware of bluedots but Kendals is called Kendals Calling you. Ask on there. The site only allows selling tickets on a Monday. Would love to see you there x

• Upvote 1

Hello gang!! 

I have just submitted my application to volunteer with WaterAid, please keep everything crossed for me!! Wellyboot is going to apply too, so everything crossed for her as well! 

In other news, I'm ok, got a fair few gigs and theatre trips lines up so that's good. 

I miss you guys! I'm busy so popping in is more tricky!! 

Sending love to everyone ❤️

On 2/22/2019 at 10:55 AM, lucyginger said:

Hello gang!! 

I have just submitted my application to volunteer with WaterAid, please keep everything crossed for me!! Wellyboot is going to apply too, so everything crossed for her as well! 

In other news, I'm ok, got a fair few gigs and theatre trips lines up so that's good. 

I miss you guys! I'm busy so popping in is more tricky!! 

Sending love to everyone ❤️

Hello you!!! OOhh, Exciting, when will you find out? Of course everything is crossed for you both, and if all else fails, there's always the resale. Hope you're keeping well Lucy x