NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

6 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Hi All, seeing as I'm active on here again what better time to check in and see how y'all doing!

I have 2 gigs booked in at present before the big G - F.O.X (a great local band - lead singer is lovely and they've recently supported Depeche Mode's european dates) and Craig David (absolute legend and I won't here otherwise. Plus he's playing in Colchester, and nobody ever plays here).

Peace.

Craig David on the Pyramid was a storm! 

I've got Frank Carter booked in a couple of weeks in a tiny venue, and IDLES again in Manchester. 

Been up the wall this week as per usual!

Hope all are well.

23 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Craig David on the Pyramid was a storm! 

I've got Frank Carter booked in a couple of weeks in a tiny venue, and IDLES again in Manchester. 

Been up the wall this week as per usual!

Hope all are well.

Ah see I missed that! My 'mate' organised his stag do on the weekend of the 2017 fest. I haven't spoken to him since. 

28 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

strangeley, Big Dog loves playing on the castle and will run back to it when you try to get him to walk away.  I am not sure he is really a dog.

6 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Proof

C951E500-80C7-42E4-AFF1-216C21B49D5A.jpeg

Looking forward to Big Dog's weather reports. 

4 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Hello everyone, apologies for my absence (again) but I'm not doing the best at the mo! Will try to pop in  more as that might help me feel better, you lot are lovely. 

I'm ok, just a bit iffy at times and quite busy, which doesnt help! 

Hope everyone is ok xxx

Hey @lucyginger I hope all is ok? Long time no speak as been absent myself for a while!

Also, where's @Quark? Thought I would have found him around these parts by now.

15 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Hey @lucyginger I hope all is ok? Long time no speak as been absent myself for a while!

Also, where's @Quark? Thought I would have found him around these parts by now.

Hello :) Yes all is ok, I'm just a bit up and down at the mo. I'm going to go and get some new running trainers and start all that exercise business again,  that should help. 

Thank you for asking, that's lovely :) Hope everything is groovy with you? 

13 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Hello :) Yes all is ok, I'm just a bit up and down at the mo. I'm going to go and get some new running trainers and start all that exercise business again,  that should help. 

Ooh you could enter the festival charity run in October. It’s around Worthy Farm taking in all the sights. There is a 2km, 5km and 10km route so something for everyone. Plus you get to meet the main man..........oh and Michael 

3 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Thank you for asking, that's lovely :) Hope everything is groovy with you? 

Well let's hope there's more up! And the exercise business is good, the extra effort is worth it!

I had a bit of an up and down end of year myself, however feeling great recently despite some bad news this week. Healthy body, healthy mind and all that though. Not long to go now really until the real fun commences :)

'sup players? Happy new year (operating on Chinese lunar calendar this year).

Currently sat outside Alexandra Palace nursing a beer. Tix with Mrs Q to see Chvrches and shit means she's running proper late. Security wouldn't let me in and then back out to meet her for the walk up to the station. So instead I sit here on my tod, missing Let's Eat Grandma. They'd better play thebloody farm I tell 'ee.

Will read back and catch up a bit, hope y'all be well

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

'sup players? Happy new year (operating on Chinese lunar calendar this year).

Currently sat outside Alexandra Palace nursing a beer. Tix with Mrs Q to see Chvrches and shit means she's running proper late. Security wouldn't let me in and then back out to meet her for the walk up to the station. So instead I sit here on my tod, missing Let's Eat Grandma. They'd better play thebloody farm I tell 'ee.

Will read back and catch up a bit, hope y'all be well

Heya @Quark! Happy New Year to you too! Let me know how the Chvrches gig goes, I'm quite into them atm (I have the first couple of albums on repeat) but haven't had a chance to catch them live yet! Would be great if they make it onto this years line up. Hope your other half makes it to you soon! Enjoy! 

3 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Heya @Quark! Happy New Year to you too! Let me know how the Chvrches gig goes, I'm quite into them atm (I have the first couple of albums on repeat) but haven't had a chance to catch them live yet! Would be great if they make it onto this years line up. Hope your other half makes it to you soon! Enjoy! 

Saw them on the Other in '16 and they're good fun live. I know the new album hasn't gone down that well but I really like it.

She'd better rock up soon, all I've got to do to keep me occupied is drink! :lol:

30 minutes ago, Quark said:

Saw them on the Other in '16 and they're good fun live. I know the new album hasn't gone down that well but I really like it.

She'd better rock up soon, all I've got to do to keep me occupied is drink! :lol:

I missed them then unfortunately so definitely keeping fingers crossed for this year - a JP slot would be grand, love the atmosphere in there. I'm still reserving judgement on the third album, need to give it a bit more of a listen! Haha, well there are worse ways to spend an evening! 

Anna Calvi at The Roundhouse last night was just sensational - boy can she play guitar! One minute she's rocking it with everything turned up to 11 and feedback on full; the next minute she's holding the audience captivated with something hauntingly beautiful - check out Away off the new album. I would love a repeat performance at the farm.

Strangely I tried to log in to eFest on the train on the way home, using the train WiFi, only to get a message saying that I was BANNED. Spent the rest of the journey home wondering how I could possibly have upset Neil and worried that I could never speak to you lovely people again. Luckily, once home everything was back to normal and here I am.

On 2/7/2019 at 11:07 AM, deebeedoobee said:

Ooh you could enter the festival charity run in October. It’s around Worthy Farm taking in all the sights. There is a 2km, 5km and 10km route so something for everyone. Plus you get to meet the main man..........oh and Michael 

I could!! I've already met Digger though and I'm pretty sure he's the main man :) 

Keep me informed, Dee! I could aim for the 10km, might even bring a mate to do it too. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Well let's hope there's more up! And the exercise business is good, the extra effort is worth it!

I had a bit of an up and down end of year myself, however feeling great recently despite some bad news this week. Healthy body, healthy mind and all that though. Not long to go now really until the real fun commences :)

I just need a ticket! That's another reason why I'm sad! I'm hopeful, but sad!!