NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

8 hours ago, lucyginger said:

I haven't seen it yet! I'll look for it in the next few days. 

Being back at work is weird after a festival isn't it! I thoroughly loved Boomtown, my second one and much better than last year. I walked miles, danced loads, got lost, found new things, had some extra lovely moments with some very good friends (including our very own Ben and my wonderful friend @Wellyboot), saw loads more than last year, had excellent camp neighbours, and generally had a great time! Very pleased to be able to help out @FuzzyDunlop in his hour of need too! 

I do find a good festival helps to reset oneself. There's nothing quite like being in a fun filled field with your mates! 

You helped me greatly - thanks.

Im glad you all had a good festival. I enjoyed it massively in the end!

I am home and unpacked after 4 weeks away. Thanx to @lucyginger, @deebeedoobee, @pilton digger for putting me up, and being generally gorgeous! Leaving for the next fest in 2 hours so better repack and get in the bath!! Lucy I’ll defo be with ya for next years Boomtown, I hated not being there. I’ve just got to tell my mates I won’t be camping with them next year ?

17 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

You helped me greatly - thanks.

Im glad you all had a good festival. I enjoyed it massively in the end!

You're welcome! It was a great festival, glad you enjoyed it too :) 

2 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I am home and unpacked after 4 weeks away. Thanx to @lucyginger, @deebeedoobee, @pilton digger for putting me up, and being generally gorgeous! Leaving for the next fest in 2 hours so better repack and get in the bath!! Lucy I’ll defo be with ya for next years Boomtown, I hated not being there. I’ve just got to tell my mates I won’t be camping with them next year ?

It was lovely to see you! Hoorah for Boomtown next year! You'll love it! Have a good weekend, you'll need a month off after all this!! :)

On 8/16/2018 at 11:18 AM, lucyginger said:

I haven't seen it yet! I'll look for it in the next few days. 

Being back at work is weird after a festival isn't it! I thoroughly loved Boomtown, my second one and much better than last year. I walked miles, danced loads, got lost, found new things, had some extra lovely moments with some very good friends (including our very own Ben and my wonderful friend @Wellyboot), saw loads more than last year, had excellent camp neighbours, and generally had a great time! Very pleased to be able to help out @FuzzyDunlop in his hour of need too! 

I do find a good festival helps to reset oneself. There's nothing quite like being in a fun filled field with your mates! 

• Upvote 1

Survived Beautiful Days gang :D

Such a chilled festival, first of the smaller ones I've done so it came as a very pleasant culture shock!

So the tent review for @funkyfairy...

I got distracted by stuff but I did manage to borrow a chair from the coffee tent for illustrative purposes

20180817_114236.thumb.jpg.373c946850c651e25aea5735cbe49e10.jpg

I'll not tell you a lie, you'll struggle to sit under there with a chair. I'm 5'11" and I'd say the roof of the canopy was at neck height when I was sat in that chair. But for sitting on the grass for a bit of shade or shelter, it was fine.

Pros: Outside shell goes up first, so if the weather's dodgy you can get a dry spot pretty quick. Also good when taking it down as you can keep the inner dry. Nice and roomy, would do 2 people for 5 days ok. Easy to put up (there's a but in the next bit). Didn't have much wet stuff, but certainly felt it would hold up.

Cons: The porch bit isn't as useful as they'd sell it. Not big enough to stand up inside. Although it's simple to set up, you do need to get the outer sheet square first time, otherwise the lines are off and you'll get contact between the shells. You'll need 2 more pegs than they give you if want to switch easily between porch open and closed.

I do have to take it back as some of the stitching on one of the toggles had started to pop, but I don't know if that was where I over stretched it when it first went up by not having it properly squared off. Whether that's something that'll repeat I don't know, but it does have a year's warranty for faults.

Either way, I'm definitely happy enough with it to get a replacement rather than getting a refund.

Edited by Quark

20 years ago myself and my wife and about 30+ friends all headed down to the beach Festival Cornwall.

Anyway fun was had by all. Myself and my wife and two friends drove home... We had things to do. Kids.. Jobs.. More fun.. 

A few days after this amazing weekend my friend who was like my brother to me was hit and killed by a hgv lorry in france. 

Anyway this set of a chain of events that took me to some very dark places and only now do I know this... Alot has happened in between I know but I know that this was the trigger. 

Tomorrow is his death day he was only 26.. What has he missed. Every year I tell him that I'm trying to live a bit for him and I never think I do. 

Tomorrow as every year I will leave him a pint on his grave then meet up with friends at the bench we got him. 

What I'm trying to say is guy sort yourself out and remember that you are alive and YOU LOT LIVE YOUR LIVES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE because as my mate kitten said before he dropped us off That was amazing can't wait for the next one..... 

He never saw the next one........ And fuck was he a nice human being.... 

LIFE IS SHORT ENJOY OLD SONS. G

39905972_2211724109112059_7336340484199022592_n.jpg

Edited by guypjfreak

My cabbages have exploded!!!!

I kid you not. I went to the allotments yesterday and found 5 of my cabbages looking like this -

20180819_200307.thumb.jpg.b08d2f7d8a74c4d8dbaa938ee152087a.jpg

Apparently it's due to lack of water during the dry spell we've had and then when it rained, the pressure built up in the cabbage and it sort of explodes. Who'd have thought horticulture could be so dangerous :)

Edited by Ommadawn

Love to you Guy ❤️

I agree we should do what we can while we're alive, it is the greatest gift we have so we should make the most of it! This is why I have no savings and drive a 20 year old car... because I spend my "spare" money on having a nice time :)

As for exploding cabbages, I just don't know! Most odd! 

18 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

20 years ago myself and my wife and about 30+ friends all headed down to the beach Festival Cornwall.

Anyway fun was had by all. Myself and my wife and two friends drove home... We had things to do. Kids.. Jobs.. More fun.. 

A few days after this amazing weekend my friend who was like my brother to me was hit and killed by a hgv lorry in france. 

Anyway this set of a chain of events that took me to some very dark places and only now do I know this... Alot has happened in between I know but I know that this was the trigger. 

Tomorrow is his death day he was only 26.. What has he missed. Every year I tell him that I'm trying to live a bit for him and I never think I do. 

Tomorrow as every year I will leave him a pint on his grave then meet up with friends at the bench we got him. 

What I'm trying to say is guy sort yourself out and remember that you are alive and YOU LOT LIVE YOUR LIVES PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE because as my mate kitten said before he dropped us off That was amazing can't wait for the next one..... 

He never saw the next one........ And fuck was he a nice human being.... 

LIFE IS SHORT ENJOY OLD SONS. G

39905972_2211724109112059_7336340484199022592_n.jpg

I know where you are coming from guy - I've lost a few mates who went well before their time should have been. I still talk to them from time to time. 

Sending you virtual hugs.

On 8/20/2018 at 7:00 PM, Quark said:

Survived Beautiful Days gang :D

Such a chilled festival, first of the smaller ones I've done so it came as a very pleasant culture shock!

Hi Mr Q, sorry I missed out on meeting up.  But have to agree that BD was brilliant, small but perfect as you said. The festival goers were a great bunch, had a brilliant time with them as a steward.   A pretty good line up as well, especially as I spent most my time at the Big Top.  

Strongly recommend this, and will be back next year.

36 minutes ago, chuckles07 said:

Hi Mr Q, sorry I missed out on meeting up.  But have to agree that BD was brilliant, small but perfect as you said. The festival goers were a great bunch, had a brilliant time with them as a steward.   A pretty good line up as well, especially as I spent most my time at the Big Top.  

Strongly recommend this, and will be back next year.

You and me both mate, always the way when the weekend picks up speed though. Next time!

A glass raised @guypjfreak, take care. I firmly believe in that life is too short, and time too precious - we all need to make the most of it for ourselves and each other. 

Hope everyone is well. I’m finding my time taken up with children and September preparation at the moment! 

Thank you everyone 

Went to bench had drinks with old sons  then walked along beach with lovely wife and decided I could walk out on the groyne.. Well you know how one side of the groyne is higher than the other well I fell of the wrong side and twisted my bad  ankle and bruised leg... 

Walked home in agony and shouted at wife..... She told me that cos I couldn't remember 

Woke up ankle not to good 

Oh well another day out of the house.. 

Staying in now till next week.... Another death day lol.. We only do two.. So far. 

16 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Thank you everyone 

Went to bench had drinks with old sons  then walked along beach with lovely wife and decided I could walk out on the groyne.. Well you know how one side of the groyne is higher than the other well I fell of the wrong side and twisted my bad  ankle and bruised leg... 

Walked home in agony and shouted at wife..... She told me that cos I couldn't remember 

Woke up ankle not to good 

Oh well another day out of the house.. 

Staying in now till next week.... Another death day lol.. We only do two.. So far. 

Bloody hellfire Guy, not having a great time of it :(

Hope you're well all. 

It's my daughter's first birthday today... the situation I am in is incomparable to where I was twelve months ago. Obviously, most of you know about it... but to be here now is quite the rollercoaster of emotions. 

She is doing really well too, lots of interventions in place and it is looking like she will be going to nursery part time in September with some additional support in place. She is a fighter and an inspiration! 

Have a fantastic weekend!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

On 8/24/2018 at 9:06 AM, lucyginger said:

Oh Guy please be careful!!! 

To late my love 

What is worse is that it's Still hurts and now the wife is moaning cos it's late to go to hospital lol.. 

Let's hope it gets better cos I'm going camping next week lol.. 

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

To late my love 

What is worse is that it's Still hurts and now the wife is moaning cos it's late to go to hospital lol.. 

Let's hope it gets better cos I'm going camping next week lol.. 

Guy you silly sausage! Plenty of rest and hopefully you'll be ok for camping! 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hope you're well all. 

It's my daughter's first birthday today... the situation I am in is incomparable to where I was twelve months ago. Obviously, most of you know about it... but to be here now is quite the rollercoaster of emotions. 

She is doing really well too, lots of interventions in place and it is looking like she will be going to nursery part time in September with some additional support in place. She is a fighter and an inspiration! 

Have a fantastic weekend!

VL this is lovely to hear! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lucyginger said:

VL this is lovely to hear! 

VL not up with everything but families can be a nightmare but I hope that all is well with you and that your daughter had a great day as well as yourself. G

• Like 1