NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Morning campers. Seeing discussion about campervans. Not for me, would prefer to be the thick of it. Even my old man prefers it! Although I think he's considering a camper for the future. The walking kills him - don't think he realises where the CV field is! 

8 minutes ago, pentura said:

Morning campers. Seeing discussion about campervans. Not for me, would prefer to be the thick of it. Even my old man prefers it! Although I think he's considering a camper for the future. The walking kills him - don't think he realises where the CV field is! 

Good point there, I also don’t like the idea of the trek back to the campervan fields if you need to take some time out during the day. Last time I was there I was camped in Darble and that felt like the longest walk ever to and from the tent. That all said I would just be happy to have a ticket no matter where I was camped.

4 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Good point there, I also don’t like the idea of the trek back to the campervan fields if you need to take some time out during the day. Last time I was there I was camped in Darble and that felt like the longest walk ever to and from the tent. That all said I would just be happy to have a ticket no matter where I was camped.

Had some friends staying up there in 2015. They said it was great and the extra comfort was a bonus but the distance was the real problem. I don't mind the walking but I can definitely understand. The missus came in 2016 and we had to stop and rest quite a lot as she wasn't able for the walking, the sheer scale of Glastonbury compared to Irish festivals was a shock for her! 

Will camp anywhere providing we get a ticket! Usually head up around Paines or Park Home

2 minutes ago, pentura said:

Had some friends staying up there in 2015. They said it was great and the extra comfort was a bonus but the distance was the real problem. I don't mind the walking but I can definitely understand. The missus came in 2016 and we had to stop and rest quite a lot as she wasn't able for the walking, the sheer scale of Glastonbury compared to Irish festivals was a shock for her! 

Will camp anywhere providing we get a ticket! Usually head up around Paines or Park Home

Don’t get me wrong, it was a great campsite and if I was arriving late I would head there again. it was my first time solo so I just wanted to get set up and I knew the camp solo lot were in Darble which is pretty much the first one you hit after Gate A. I didn’t arrive until fairly late on the Wednesday and there was still tons of space even throughout the weekend. It just felt like it was so far away from everywhere apart from JP.

15 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Don’t get me wrong, it was a great campsite and if I was arriving late I would head there again. it was my first time solo so I just wanted to get set up and I knew the camp solo lot were in Darble which is pretty much the first one you hit after Gate A. I didn’t arrive until fairly late on the Wednesday and there was still tons of space even throughout the weekend. It just felt like it was so far away from everywhere apart from JP.

That's fair enough! Sometimes it's best just to pop yourself down wherever suits! :)

Glastonbury is so large anyway that if you camp on the outskirts a bit, you're gonna be doing some walking!

I've either been just south of the tree in Big Ground or in Paines so far, and I have to say that BG is my preferred spot.  The slog up and down muddy lane can be a bit much, especially if you've been pulling a late one on the south side of the site, but it hits a good balance.  You've got a good view of the pyramid if you just want to chill at the tent for a bit, it's relatively quiet when you do want to kip, and the view when you open your tent in the morning is glorious.

I was still amazed I didn't drunkenly stumble my way back there by mistake last year when I was in Paines! :lol:

EDIT: the worst slog was the last night of 2015.  Trekked up to Strummerville, made it all the way back to BG at 4am before I realised I'd left my phone up there. Back across site on a failed mission to recover it, and then back across again to BG.  I was fookin' KNACKERED!

Edited by Quark

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've either been just south of the tree in Big Ground or in Paines so far, and I have to say that BG is my preferred spot.  The slog up and down muddy lane can be a bit much, especially if you've been pulling a late one on the south side of the site, but it hits a good balance.  You've got a good view of the pyramid if you just want to chill at the tent for a bit, it's relatively quiet when you do want to kip, and the view when you open your tent in the morning is glorious.

I was still amazed I didn't drunkenly stumble my way back there by mistake last year when I was in Paines! :lol:

EDIT: the worst slog was the last night of 2015.  Trekked up to Strummerville, made it all the way back to BG at 4am before I realised I'd left my phone up there. Back across site on a failed mission to recover it, and then back across again to BG.  I was fookin' KNACKERED!

Jesus!! I'd say that was treacherous!! We visited Strummerville from Paines via the back of Park area and Tipi ground. Seems slightly easier going across the hill rather than up it! We sat looking over the festival and the amount of people falling over and losing their balance coming up the hill was hilarious! :laugh:

8 minutes ago, pentura said:

Jesus!! I'd say that was treacherous!! We visited Strummerville from Paines via the back of Park area and Tipi ground. Seems slightly easier going across the hill rather than up it! We sat looking over the festival and the amount of people falling over and losing their balance coming up the hill was hilarious! :laugh:

I may have been one of those people.  I'd had quite a lot of rum. Y'know, just for a change.

On 7/25/2018 at 4:25 PM, H.M.V said:

Pernicious Anemia.

I know nothing whatsoever about the subject, apart from what you've said (and you have my sympathy regarding any kind of chronic illness), but what I would say is this:

Fuck me, that'd be a great name for a metal band!

3 hours ago, mr gumby said:

I know nothing whatsoever about the subject, apart from what you've said (and you have my sympathy regarding any kind of chronic illness), but what I would say is this:

Fuck me, that'd be a great name for a metal band!

You're right! Cos Pernicious means Deadly so that makes total sense. :D

Right... I may have missed what 3/4 months of actually paying any attention to anything festival related. Had a tough couple of months recently, but let’s not dwell on them!

Things are looking up! I’m sure of it. Need to check registration and get some help with tickets and the like. I mentioned that it’ll just be me and mr. Sheffield lady. All our friends seem to have moved on from the festival after this fallow year. But we’re keen to make new friends.

I’ll be making much more of an effort to check and read the forum daily :) got to look after yourself first haven’t you. 

Hope we’re all well! 

Hi gang!! 

If the ticket Gods are kind to us all, anyone wanting to camp with my lot is more than welcome! We're Pennards, at the bottom of the park :)

Back to the main topic though- the weather! It's gone grey here, typical as it's a lunar eclipse tonight. Really hoping the sky clears up so we can see it! 

I'm surviving in the heat, anyone who says it's too much is a big ninny. It's lovely, even as a ginger! You just have to be careful :) This is clearly a practice run for next years festival!! ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY SUN GODS! 

Thanks again all. 

So I'm now Sat in bed listening to the pissing rain outside....my mate has just gone and camp bestival is not opening its doors till half twelve so far cos the wind is SO BAD.. So we aren't sure whether the weather will change and that everything is safe cos lots of things have been blown over. 

So no rain for ages and booom we get hit. 

I have a small feeling that booom is going to be a mud festival 

That's why we should be keeping up glasto NFR NFC init..