fatyeti24

NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

... time to make my own future a shit load better than it was :) onwards :)

When I was leaving I told my boss that I didn't want any speeches, presents, and that there was no way that I was having a leaving do. I did get a few cards, and much less than £50. I used to put my heart and soul in to that company, but fortunately, in the later years I just gave up working my heart out for them - in fact I had a right doss at their expense, if truth be known. I worked for a largish company (@ 1300 employees) and if your face didn't fit then you were going nowhere. I already knew this, but in the early days had pride that I was doing a great job. I must have saved that company a seven figure sum over the years (they were being ripped off in certain areas, and I put a stop to it). In the end I orchestrated my own redundancy. Something which I have absolutely no regrets about doing. Life's too short, and the old work place will still roll on without me. As the saying goes ' there's plenty of men and women in the graveyard, who thought they were indispensable. 

Good luck for the future crazyfool1. :)

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its odd ...dont think I lack in friends there ... but just think that its such a big place everyone thinks that someone else is sorting stuff and my direct manager is absolutely useless  in the end no-one does it ... peoples lives just seem to be different these days too lots of social elements have disapeared at various things i do so people dont really think twice about not attending things anymore ... such a shame ... even a friend didn't attend afterI helped get him his job back 6 months ago ... ah well life goes on ... its gonna be a good future and will definitely be spending more time doing things I enjoy and meeting people in future . Enjoy the camping :)

Ah, useless twats abound! I didn't mean my message to read negatively - hope you don't take it that way. 😀

Camping will be fun, but not as much fun as in a Glastonbury field!

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

When I was leaving I told my boss that I didn't want any speeches, presents, and that there was no way that I was having a leaving do. I did get a few cards, and much less than £50. I used to put my heart and soul in to that company, but fortunately, in the later years I just gave up working my heart out for them - in fact I had a right doss at their expense, if truth be known. I worked for a largish company (@ 1300 employees) and if your face didn't fit then you were going nowhere. I already knew this, but in the early days had pride that I was doing a great job. I must have saved that company a seven figure sum over the years (they were being ripped off in certain areas, and I put a stop to it). In the end I orchestrated my own redundancy. Something which I have absolutely no regrets about doing. Life's too short, and the old work place will still roll on without me. As the saying goes ' there's plenty of men and women in the graveyard, who thought they were indispensable. 

Yep - and no pockets in a shroud. Enjoy life. 

28 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

fairly similar to me I would say .. although a reasonable send off would have been good ... I worked hard till the end apart from my last day and they seemed to appreciate that at the time .. now they will enjoy a new person who might last 6 months and will do a quarter of what `I did ... thanks for your words always interested in your posts :) 

28 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Ah, useless twats abound! I didn't mean my message to read negatively - hope you don't take it that way. 😀

Camping will be fun, but not as much fun as in a Glastonbury field!

no offence taken ... I know what you meant and how the internet can sometimes read ( we are only one year away from  the next festival now :) ) and fancy dress prep will start to ramp up and so might my posts on here for a bit :) 

no offence taken ... I know what you meant and how the internet can sometimes read ( we are only one year away from  the next festival now :) ) and fancy dress prep will start to ramp up and so might my posts on here for a bit :) 

Cool on all fronts!!! 😀

good luck, crazyfool, and anybody else who may need some.

this morning i was out in the back garden at about 7.30am with the dogs.  lovely morning, but there was a strange smell in the air.  our next door neighbours are building a new home in their back garden, and the builders have a portaloo on site.  this morning i caught the local poo train guy emptying the thing, hence the unusual smell.

i only mention this as it seemed apt, as this weekend of they year is the only time i smell that smell, and often at a similar hour.

48 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

One year ago today, I got a picture showing why S2H wears two hats...

stuartberttwoheads

received_10156498266516532.jpeg

Zaphod Stuartberx

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Still, he's better off than that bloke in the white t shirt who appears to have only one leg. 

Fuuuuuuuuck that's weird!

7 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Still, he's better off than that bloke in the white t shirt who appears to have only one leg. 

That's a good spot!

10 hours ago, semmtexx said:

That's a good spot!

dont think they allow camping up there ... although best views on site :) 

• Upvote 1

dont think they allow camping up there ... although best views on site :) 

Lol!

(Victor Meldrew voice)

I DON'T BELIEVE IT! 

30! 30!

53357E18-69E2-4391-9C94-2F8998E114D7.png

Edited by semmtexx