NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Meant to ask you about that Gumby; in my slightly (!) stoned state I became quietly convinced that I'd said something to offend you!! :lol:

Not at all, Quark! I thought you were a most agreeable chap! Wish I could've stayed longer to chat with you (and others), but as I believe you know, the brain doesn't always cooperate!

5 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I'm so sad I wasn't there! I had to meet my crew at WG for Smyths, it was rammed! Miss you guys

Roll on 2019 so we can do it all again!

3 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Not at all, Quark! I thought you were a most agreeable chap! Wish I could've stayed longer to chat with you (and others), but as I believe you know, the brain doesn't always cooperate!

Yup, know exactly what you mean. If the meet had been Friday I probably would have done the same

24 minutes ago, Quark said:

The mead was meant to take you on an adventure to find me at Baggy Mondays you mead-thieving buggers! :lol:

I'm sorry! Small girl + mead = not the most competent of people!

I did get a text from someone asking how the mead was going down, who was that from??

2 minutes ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

I'm sorry! Small girl + mead = not the most competent of people!

I did get a text from someone asking how the mead was going down, who was that from??

That was me you klutz!! :lol:

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Me, @Seldom Seen Kid and non-efester Neil (pictured right, eying up the mead over his pint) wandered around Thursday night saying

"we need to find Gumby and give him his mead."

"But he's gone. "

"Quick, drink some" 

"But I don't even like mead.  Give me another swig"

"Anyone want some mead? We're trying to get it back to Gumby."

The last was to passing strangers, just after giving them a high five. All of this seemed like perfectly rational, consistent behaviour at the time.

This is just what Glastonbury's about, surely?  Good intentions, extended drinking and new friends.

I'm sure I'm going to be better organised next time too.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

The mead was meant to take you on an adventure to find me at Baggy Mondays you mead-thieving buggers! :lol:

Meant to ask you about that Gumby; in my slightly (!) stoned state I became quietly convinced that I'd said something to offend you!! :lol:

This explains why I was having so much trouble conversing with you at the meet Quark.  My sober but completely frazzled (by tiredness and months of stress) brain totally failing to connect with yours.  Was lovely to meet you though :)

At last I can post about this.  I never dared hope it would happen, but this week youngest has gone into school for both 6th form induction days and been absolutely fine.  He coped with working in groups and even reconnected with some old friends he knew from back in Yr 9.  He's actually enthusiastic about the subjects he wants to study.  A year ago we couldn't get him within a mile of the school, and it was a huge deal to get him there for a 15 minute interview in April.  Still a long way to go but astounding he's got this far.

Time for some raspberry vodka and a :yahoo:

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

This explains why I was having so much trouble conversing with you at the meet Quark.  My sober but completely frazzled (by tiredness and months of stress) brain totally failing to connect with yours.  Was lovely to meet you though :)

My fault entirely Dizzy!  I had planned to turn up either sober or with a couple of beers in me, but had a slight attack of nerves so had a smoke to settle myself.  Plus it's the first time I've met people that I'd only previously conversed with online, so was a bit less verbose compared to normal. Really sorry if I seemed stand-offish at all! Was lovely to meet you, hopefully I'll make a better job of it in 2019!

Really good news about youngest as well, he's come on so far since we started following this story!

Edited by Quark

Hi all,

Sorry I miss the Thursday meet and equally that I disappeared so quickly from the eFests meet. I did not feel so good Wednesday afternoon and needed to go lie down and eat. (I also found a fire engine with its hoses on to go through. It was nice)

I'm suffering from major Glasto blues. But sort of happy that October isn't met with ticket stress. @H.M.V and @fatyeti24 was great to say hello briefly on the Wednesday (and others who I have forgotten, too much sun and possibly a little bit too much drink before the meet wasn't my wisest decision of the festival)

4 hours ago, Quark said:

My fault entirely Dizzy!  I had planned to turn up either sober or with a couple of beers in me, but had a slight attack of nerves so had a smoke to settle myself.  Plus it's the first time I've met people that I'd only previously conversed with online, so was a bit less verbose compared to normal. Really sorry if I seemed stand-offish at all! Was lovely to meet you, hopefully I'll make a better job of it in 2019!

Really good news about youngest as well, he's come on so far since we started following this story!

You weren't the slightest bit stand-offish Quark - we just seemed to be having 2 different conversations at the same time! :)

Edited by dizzymoo

2 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

You weren't the slightest bit stand-offish Quark - we just seemed to be having 2 different conversations at the same time! :)

Ah, just talking crap in that case.  That might just be me full stop :lol:

great news @dizzymoo glad things are on the up for the start of the next school year for you and your son :D

I also second that Gumby's strawberry (raspberry??) vodka was delicious - I really wanted some mead as well but never got any.  You will have to make some in 2019 Gumby!  I only managed to make it to the pre meet "meet" but was lovely to see those of you that I did manage to speak to - great to finally meet Guy at last. I WILL make it to the efests meet next time - only managed to get on site at around 7 was about 8 when we got to west holts area so wasn't sure who would still be around and hadn't had enough to drink to go and walk up to a bunch of complete strangers and say hello.

Happy Friday all you lovely people, wherever you are!  Have just got stupidly hot playing badminton and about to go for a nice lukewarm shower (are we allowed to mention that sort?).  Off to Godiva festival in Coventry tonight and tomorrow.  Never been before but it's free and has Stranglers headlining tonight, with Example, Alabama 3, Amazons and Lucy Rose tomorrow.

@H.M.V glad you and Yeti found a nice place to go with the pooches.  I'd be interested to know what the issues were with the 'dog rules' at my bro in law's place if you feel like letting me know.  It's useful feedback for them, even if they're not inclined to change anything. have a lovely time in Pembrokeshire.

@Skoo very belated congrats on your engagement!  Seems like there were a fair few proposals this year, including one couple who'd only met the previous day!

Evening all, back to real life tomorrow as the hols are over! 

I've been really quite annoyed for most of today actually! Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott priority tickets came on sale Wednesday am. Today they went on sale at 0930 to the normal people. At 0931 they were sold out!!! I looked on viagogo and they've been on sale for 2 days for 5 times their value. £32 to £156.  

Also it has R**n*d a stupid amount since I've been on the plain of Spain. I'm making my sacrifices early ;)

oh, and my e cigarette died so I am totally 100% nicotine free for the first time in 22 years. 

God reading that back I sound like a right Mardy Mare haha! I just fricking miss the bestest show on the land x

I'm escaping real life for tonight, until tomorrow, it's overrated. Pity about those tickets CG, things won't change quickly on prices to keep them lower. 

Evening all, just arrived in London for a weekend of fun n frolics . Tears for fears , elbow and killers in Hyde park tomorrow, Pink flloyd exhibition at V&A sunday and meeting great buddies for lunch. Last 4 weeekends ive been away though in the UK and I'm shattered lol 

just sat in bed and had an M&S can of gin, mint, cucumber and lime and it was bloody lush ! ...