NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Good Lordy, I love a Grammar Nazi! :) 

Well, here's my little list for today:

1. I have a mosquito bite the size of Christmas just above my eyebrow,

2. I'm going to the dentist in the morning and I'm a bit scared, and, 

3. I'm considering myself very lucky to have nobbed with the hoi polloy of Dome House before they get too famous for their own boots! 

;)

ps I love you all, and yes, I have had a post choir gin or three. Woo! 

21 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Good Lordy, I love a Grammar Nazi! :) 

3. I'm considering myself very lucky to have nobbed with the hoi polloy of Dome House before they get too famous for their own boots! 

Hello lucy,

It's actually spelled hoi polloi, and I think you may be misusing the expression, in terms of both the original Greek definition, as well as the English bastardized interpretation.  :)

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello lucy,

It's actually spelled hoi polloi, and I think you may be misusing the expression, in terms of both the original Greek definition, as well as the English bastardized interpretation.  :)

Love you to bits, Yog! :)

Hey all, 

I could potentially be getting home for a few days this weekend with my daughter. She is doing really well and has now moved to oral antibiotics instead of IV. If (fingers crossed) we get home we have to come back on Monday and will have a further MRI next week. Then another surgery before the end of the month but the odds are continually being defined so have a sense of optimism for a change! 

Just a little update for those who are interested! 

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello lucy,

Well off to the googles I go! Thanks, Yog! 

49 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hey all, 

I could potentially be getting home for a few days this weekend with my daughter. She is doing really well and has now moved to oral antibiotics instead of IV. If (fingers crossed) we get home we have to come back on Monday and will have a further MRI next week. Then another surgery before the end of the month but the odds are continually being defined so have a sense of optimism for a change! 

Oh crumbs, what have I missed? Is everything ok? 

Apologies if I have previously commented on this but have forgotten, I am a bear of very little brain! 

8 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Oh crumbs, what have I missed? Is everything ok? 

Apologies if I have previously commented on this but have forgotten, I am a bear of very little brain! 

It's okay! I alluded to it here -> A little ramble

Since then my daughter has had brain surgery to have a shunt fitted, which then became infected causing further hospitalisation. She had to have it removed, the doctors are delaying with the infection now and when that's cleared she will need surgery (her 3rd in 6/7 weeks) again. She is doing well though. 

Edited by vintagelaureate

51 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hey all, 

Really rooting for you and your family - especially your daughter. Stay strong. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Really rooting for you and your family - especially your daughter. Stay strong. 

Thanks Yog! Will try to keep the thread updated, we are just trying to have some semblance of normality in our lives at the moment hence why I'm on here as normal etc.

Edited by vintagelaureate

12 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

It's okay! I alluded to it here -> A little ramble

Since then my daughter has had brain surgery to have a shunt fitted, which then became infected causing further hospitalisation. She had to have it removed, the doctors are delaying with the infection now and when that's cleared she will need surgery (her 3rd in 6/7 weeks) again. She is doing well though. 

It is good to talk! That must have been very cathartic for you to write. Thank you for sharing, I don't really know what else to say! 

So glad she is doing well, do keep us updated. As Yog says, stay strong xxx

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Thanks. 

Hope all have a super weekend. Resist the impulse to get on the F5 key on Sunday. Rest those digits got another year! 

Take it easy all.

It is odd to have a year off from the, "do I get an early night, or do I stay up all night" dilemma which comes before ticket day! 

I'm out for live music in town tomorrow, woo! Will probably be quite gillespied by 5pm. 

lots of love to all! Xxx

On 27/09/2017 at 7:41 AM, carlosj said:

Warm handshakes old son, that's a tough thing to find out for you and them. You look like you have a great old sons' support group, and there's always here too.

Cheers old son 

Evening all :)

Quick question: what the hell has happened to Harvest festival? When I was at school, we chucked a tin of beans and some super noodles in the collection basket. For gumby jr's first harvest, we've been asked to make an animal sculpture (ffs!) from fruit or vegetables. A whole Sunday afternoon spent on this crap!

IMG_20171008_182642.thumb.jpg.7fe4e8d96b1b801dc02b51f463d23e18.jpg