NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

50 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I seem to be behind on the sloe gin this year! I'm on a fruit picking mission this week, though. I'm going after sloes and blackberries tomorrow, then elderberries and more sloes at the weekend. Need bloody loads of them all, as I'm planning to do a batch of homemade port, as well as gin. Should be nicely matured in time for June 2019! :)

I need to pick blackberries too, might have a look at the weekend and see if there's any left. My folks have loads of pears, need to find something to do with them! 

5 hours ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Hello:bye:

I've been lurking, sorry...had an attack of the shys and every time I went to post it then deleted thinking "no one wants to hear this rubbish" but this post is staying :)

VL sending healing vibes and good wishes for your daughter :)

Good on you Gumby for new job :)

I went to Stratford Food Festival on Sat but really it should have been called Stratford Gin Festival... so many gin stalls..not much food!  So Lucy I not only tried 5 different types of gin I also got my little sister into the gin...she was an actual gin virgin until Saturday now she's loving it!  There's even a distillery in Stratford that I had no clue was there.

I'm now heavily into Instagram after refusing for years to partake... so many filters!

Sunday I played in my 1st Magic the Gathering tournament thing... it was fun, if a touch geeky but geeky never hurt anyone... our team (me & OH) came 3rd woop woop ... we were team Unicorn  (sorry H - know you're currently taking issue with the Unicorns) mainly so OH could wear his Deadpool riding a Unicorn t-shirt & me my Unicorn spewing rainbows from every orifice :D it was in a local game shop so supporting a local business too, everyone wins :)

The sun is shining here in the middle, blazing in fact :)

Hope everyone is happy & healthy.

We like hearing people's rubbish! It probably isn't rubbish anyway :) Please don't be shy! 

Some times life's a fucking nightmare. I knew something was wrong but you know when you have good mates when your mates are in the pub drawing straws about who's going to be the one to drop the bomb shell cos THEY KNOW how much I LOVE THEM.... 

Just found out that one of the old sons has stage 4 cancer in the nymph nodes.. To say I am gutted is an understatement.. 

14 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Some times life's a fucking nightmare. I knew something was wrong but you know when you have good mates when your mates are in the pub drawing straws about who's going to be the one to drop the bomb shell cos THEY KNOW how much I LOVE THEM.... 

Just found out that one of the old sons has stage 4 cancer in the nymph nodes.. To say I am gutted is an understatement.. 

Sorry to here that. If you ever need to bend an ear (although a stranger's one), drop me a message. Take care.

55 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Sorry to hear that Guy love, as vl says, we're here for an ear bending if you need to xxx

Thanks Some times life's a fucking nightmare. I knew something was wrong but you know when you have good mates when your mates are in the pub drawing straws about who's going to be the one to drop the bomb shell cos THEY KNOW how much I LOVE THEM.... 

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Sorry to hear that Guy love, as vl says, we're here for an ear bending if you need to xxx

Thanks.. Gutted.. Can't think of any more to say. Night.. 

10 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Warm handshakes old son, that's a tough thing to find out for you and them. You look like you have a great old sons' support group, and there's always here too.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

for anyone who is having a shit week here is something to cheer you up (or make you cry ) ... before anyone asks its the 35th birthday celebrations of the place I work 

IMG_4020.jpg

What do you do at this place where you 'work' - apart from eat all  the patients daily medication in a one'er?

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

for anyone who is having a shit week here is something to cheer you up (or make you cry ) ... before anyone asks its the 35th birthday celebrations of the place I work 

IMG_4020.jpg

But are you at those celebrations, or at home in your normal gear???

On 9/28/2017 at 8:06 PM, crazyfool1 said:

not an awful lot ... well not in this gear anyway .. I always seem to find the least practical fancy dress possible for the job im intending to do at a supermarket ... and luckily for them ive returned home now !!

I've, in a professional capacity, visited some mental institutions that, I think, you'd have to be very careful attending - in a professional manner, so to speak!

Anyway, this is for you crazyfool1 :)

9 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Evening all! I say, you need a razor! Haha! 

Hope everyone is having a good Friday, I'm on the gin (what a surprise!) and am half watching a film. Quiet weekend is go! Woo! 

I hope it's the good half...

Enjoy your weekend :D

Oh man, the jet lag demon has kicked in along with the crippling dreads of "back to work on Monday"

hope everyone having a good weekend, not fully caught up on goings on, just popping a quick post in

watching the "last 5 years" Bowie doc again, probably not the best idea when I'm already feeling pretty low, but hey ho!

On 26/09/2017 at 8:42 PM, guypjfreak said:

Ah shit, that's what I get for not trawling back before posting, sorry to hear this news, life sucks at times, I think we are all old enough to realise that in bucket loads

its how we deal with it/face it, is what's important and to be there for them when they need you to be there, whether it's friends or family it's never good

sending positivity and love your way!

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, pauladam said:

Ah shit, that's what I get for not trawling back before posting, sorry to hear this news, life sucks at times, I think we are all old enough to realise that in bucket loads

its how we deal with it/face it, is what's important and to be there for them when they need you to be there, whether it's friends or family it's never good

sending positivity and love your way!

Cheers old son.. Walking on eggs at mo.. But I've organised the old son Xmas drinks and we're all behind him. He's such a great bloke and we've had such great times.. I'm gutted but he's strong.. Next two weeks will tell.. 

10 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

Just a quick pop in to recommend Big Little Lies the Reece Witherspoon/Nicole Kidman (and the rest of the all-star cast!) mini series that smashed at the Emmys... I'm halfway through my Sunday binge watch, popping off to watch the rest now.

Hope everyone is well :)

Did you read the book first? (Not that I have - my wife loved it but hasn't got to the series yet). 

5 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I didn't, now I'm wishing I had.  I may read it at a later date but the ending won't be much of a surprise - not that I know how it ends still 3 episodes left, which I probably won't be able to watch tonight as I've a 6am alarm boo hiss... might sneak 1 more in :)

There is always time for one more... often the reason for the black rings around my eyes in a morning. Enjoy!