NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

4 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Yes old sons thanks. 

Once we get the eye sight test out of the way.... And  hopefully it comes out good or better than I'm hoping.... Then I'll be happy. 

The peg.. Well she's got to have that so that is that but I'll be gutted if she's blind... But she's alive I know.. Hey I want it all.. But I think most people do.. 

Happy weekend to you all.. You nut cases each and every one lol 

Hope everything works out for you guys x

Morning. 

So I'm Sat watching some shit on TV with the wife when I get a call from a mate in Amsterdam.. 

Me. Hi old son you OK 

Boothy.. FUCK OFF YOU C.. T fucking c.. T what's this we're not going to Glastonbury.. 

Me... Well. And before I could say more 

Boothy.. FUCKING C.. T you horrible c.. T not fucking avin it 

Me.. But.. 

Boothy who is their with his daughter and who love his Heineken has been having a lovely time till now lol 

Any way the conversation carries on like this with both of us hanging up on each other for about an hour with his daughter in fits.. 

Lovely to know that my friends think of me when there on a weekend break.. To get him back I've told his daughter to take him to the Ann frank museum today.. He doesn't get hangovers the lucky git but he's been there before and as he's an uncultured Heineken drinking monster he'll get bored lol.. 

No doubt I'll get a call about 3 saying something along the lines of the bars open and it's my fault that he's not in the office lol 

On 11/1/2018 at 6:28 PM, Curlygirl said:

Hahaha! Love your random keyboard!!

so yes, I’m camping with the lovely @H.M.V and @fatyeti24!!! So bloody excited!!! They’re taking my kit there and back, I get to visit them prior and after, I get to saunter across site from gate a and appreciate the beauty instead of struggling, and I get to wake up to the sweary one each morning for the win!!! 

Yay yay does that mean you’re gonna be in the cv fields ? Woo hoo see you there x

On 11/1/2018 at 6:28 PM, Curlygirl said:

Hi NFR NFC buddies

im been in gorgeous bali for 3 weeks , getting right into yoga , and after travelling for 24 hours now sitting in the premier inn at Gatwick eating a costa turkey sandwich and a gingerbread latte and flying back home tomorrow .... and catching up on what’s been happening here 

Guy , really great news about baby Eliza and the best Christmas present ever if she gets home by then, everything crossed 

@H.M.V @Curlygirl how bloody exciting you’ll be camping together  . Did you go for quiet or normal cv field access ? 

1 minute ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Hi NFR NFC buddies

im been in gorgeous bali for 3 weeks , getting right into yoga , and after travelling for 24 hours now sitting in the premier inn at Gatwick eating a costa turkey sandwich and a gingerbread latte and flying back home tomorrow .... and catching up on what’s been happening here 

Guy , really great news about baby Eliza and the best Christmas present ever if she gets home by then, everything crossed 

@H.M.V @Curlygirl how bloody exciting you’ll be camping together  . Did you go for quiet or normal cv field access ? 

Holiday sounds fab but after 3 weeks in Bali I’m surprised you can afford a sandwich and a coffee from Costa!

3 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Holiday sounds fab but after 3 weeks in Bali I’m surprised you can afford a sandwich and a coffee from Costa!

The bloody sandwich and coffee cost more than 2 days food in Bali for sure.... ate only at local warungs and stayed in homestays and the likes ....... and hence (apart from flights ) so so so much cheaper than anything could have done in Uk / Europe ...... aforementioned sandwich defo looked better than it tasted ! 

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

The bloody sandwich and coffee cost more than 2 days food in Bali for sure.... ate only at local warungs and stayed in homestays and the likes ....... and hence (apart from flights ) so so so much cheaper than anything could have done in Uk / Europe ...... aforementioned sandwich defo looked better than it tasted ! 

I mostly did homestays (Casa Particulars) in Cuba. Definitely far more an interesting experience than staying in a hotel. Although I did have to book a hotel for the first four days, as I knew that I was going to have to do a cold turkey thing (as was my wife), and didn't want a more personal experience.

Morning. We've given ourselves a couple of days off and gonna take the shed out for the first time to figure out how everything works. ?

We're not going very far though. To a site that sells the things we need and a short drive home if it all goes tits up. Better pack a hot water bottle and blankeys. 

16 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Yes we’re in campervan East. Not quiet tho. You’re photos look fab!! Proper good holiday that!! 

It was bloody excellent thanks - love it out there, my brother lives there so makes it super easy as well and get to spend some time with nephew :-) (although no photos of him are posted according with his parents wishes)

56 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Morning. We've given ourselves a couple of days off and gonna take the shed out for the first time to figure out how everything works. ?

We're not going very far though. To a site that sells the things we need and a short drive home if it all goes tits up. Better pack a hot water bottle and blankeys. 

ooo have a great time, how exciting - has the shed got a name ?

On 11/2/2018 at 8:26 PM, guypjfreak said:

As for my baby Eliza she's really coming on and we are hoping to get her home for Xmas.. But she has two trips back to Southampton for two ops.. One for a peg for food into her stomach and an eye thing.. It's the peg that is a scary thing but then she will be free of tubes lol 

Peace and cold tea. G

Great news about Eliza Guy, that would be an awesome Christmas present.

29 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

So M & S are now doing goan fish curry. Good thing. But it made me think of Glastonbury and that made me sad. Bad thing.

In other news, went to see John Grant on sat in manchester and he was awesome. Hope he turns up on the farm next year.

I saw him in London last week and he was indeed awesome & I too would love to see him in June.

48 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

I had some sloes left over so made some sloe vodka, anybody else done this & is it any good?

Yea it's lovely.. Gets better the longer you leave it tho.. We got 4 demis upstairs with eight and ten year old sloe with blackberry  and a bit younger raspberry wine. 

Tis nice.. Thanks BTW old son 

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

@H.M.V @fatyeti24 how is your trip in your sheddy mc 'noname' shedface going? Hope you've managed to work it all out and weren;t too cold in the night - great practice for next year ?

Not till tomorrow my lovely. We're getting house sorted today first. Bit nervous as these things are better done in the summer when you can have a back up BBQ. 

Also currently planning our Jan road trip to the alps. :D Not in the van mind. 

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

Not till tomorrow my lovely. We're getting house sorted today first. Bit nervous as these things are better done in the summer when you can have a back up BBQ. 

Also currently planning our Jan road trip to the alps. :D Not in the van mind. 

ooo thats exctiing, yes not ideal timing, but still exciting getting to try out sheddy mcshedface (interim name ), fingers crossed it all goes ok, and if not hey make sure you are within walkin distance of a pub for dinner and wrap up warm to sleep

ooo January in the Alps - lush lush lush - do you ski? I bloody love the Alps in the winter adn will be there for a week again next year throwing myself down a slope or two with little style !

On another note if anyone wants anything to watch - on the flight last week I wanted a documentary called 'Come together - the Rise of the festival' and was actaully quite interesting , with footage of the first glastonbury, isle of wight, woodstock etc and quite and interesting watch

Plus the flight had 2017 Glastonbury highlights on - so I watched it on the way there and on the way back :-)