NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Well I dont know about anyone else but I feel fucking dreadful this morning!! Comedown has kicked in with a vengeance  :(

Me too. Tips for helping with this on this thread might help us all.... I create my playlist for the year..... rules for me are two songs from every artist I saw, no exceptions. 

By creating the playlist so soon after, it gradually lets me down gently, and in months/years to come allows me to go straight back to that moment in time.

edit.... the two songs have to be from the set list, and I usually try to avoid the most obviouschoices

Edited by Tranquility of Solitude

I make sure I have things to do and focus on.  Always looking forward, no time for reminiscing.  Gotta knuckle down on my yoga teacher training, get my house looking pretty, got a volunteering meeting to prep for next week.

Glastonbury was amazing but I’m kinda looking forward to getting my routines back in order.

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

I'm still not home. 

We're still not home. Stopped at services now then final push. Can't wait to have a shower in my own bathroom with my own potions and lotions and some clean clothes. Then chill in the garden and watch the sun go down. No guests to check in for another couple of days. 

2 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Me too. Tips for helping with this on this thread might help us all.... I create my playlist for the year..... rules for me are two songs from every artist I saw, no exceptions. 

By creating the playlist so soon after, it gradually lets me down gently, and in months/years to come allows me to go straight back to that moment in time.

edit.... the two songs have to be from the set list, and I usually try to avoid the most obviouschoices

Slightly cheeky ? but is it a shareable Spotify playlist? I'm after ways to discover fresh music. Watching via the TV (no ticket luck) this year seems to have inspired a bit of a renaissance of listening to music for me after not really doing so for 18 months. 

Just now, ktej said:

Slightly cheeky ? but is it a shareable Spotify playlist? I'm after ways to discover fresh music. Watching via the TV (no ticket luck) this year seems to have inspired a bit of a renaissance of listening to music for me after not really doing so for 18 months. 

Not cheeky at all,  but as I’m a bit of a dinosaur, Spotify isn’t my thing.... all is not lost though, my son or daughter should be able to help me with this..... but they were both at the festival with me, and haven’t yet surfaced today! Will make it available if I can. Would you also be interested in any from 2015, 2016 & 2017?

16 minutes ago, ktej said:

Brave Sir Robin of this parish curated a spotify playlist ahead of every festival on this thread

There's also a new music thread that people will drop in recommendations, new releases etc. It's a really good way to get introduced to some new stuff

EDIT: found it :)

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Not cheeky at all,  but as I’m a bit of a dinosaur, Spotify isn’t my thing.... all is not lost though, my son or daughter should be able to help me with this..... but they were both at the festival with me, and haven’t yet surfaced today! Will make it available if I can. Would you also be interested in any from 2015, 2016 & 2017?

Aw, that's so kind of you! I don't blame them for sleeping in, I'm if I had gone I'd be doing much the same. 2017 would also be fab. 

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Brave Sir Robin of this parish curated a spotify playlist ahead of every festival on this thread

There's also a new music thread that people will drop in recommendations, new releases etc. It's a really good way to get introduced to some new stuff

EDIT: found it :)

Sweet! thank you very much! 

2 minutes ago, ktej said:

Sweet! thank you very much! 

De nada :)

Other good ones are the 6Music Playlist and 6Music Recommends. Sadly they seem to have stopped updating them on Deezer and Spotify, presumably because they want to drive traffic onto the BBC Sounds website, but you can access them there with a BBC account

I'm a Deezer user so I'm assuming that Spotify is similar, but they've usually got new music playlists and recommendations curated by their editors. Always worth checking. I'll also take some time on a Friday to scroll through new releases pages and see if anything grabs my attention.

Top tip, I also keep a playlist I just call "To Explore " - if I hear a song by a band that I don't know, I'll drop it in their as a reminder to check out the rest of their catalogue. Great if you listen to something like 6Music where there's  likely to be stuff you've not heard before 

Afternoon lovelies!  Finally crawled into bed about 2am this morning.  Hope you all had safe journeys back.  

Had a chilled one this year, in part thanks to the unrelenting shiny ball of fire in the sky.  Sun stroke is not the one!

Thanks to those of you who persuaded me to come. I'm glad I did and loved seeing your faces once more.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Quark said:

De nada :)

Other good ones are the 6Music Playlist and 6Music Recommends. Sadly they seem to have stopped updating them on Deezer and Spotify, presumably because they want to drive traffic onto the BBC Sounds website, but you can access them there with a BBC account

I'm a Deezer user so I'm assuming that Spotify is similar, but they've usually got new music playlists and recommendations curated by their editors. Always worth checking. I'll also take some time on a Friday to scroll through new releases pages and see if anything grabs my attention.

Top tip, I also keep a playlist I just call "To Explore " - if I hear a song by a band that I don't know, I'll drop it in their as a reminder to check out the rest of their catalogue. Great if you listen to something like 6Music where there's  likely to be stuff you've not heard before 

Good tips, funnily enough I finally gave into downloading the sounds app this past weekend for Glastonbury coverage so will check out playlists there. 

I also have one of those reminder playlist called imaginatively "follow these up" Just haven't done much to seek out fodder for it but I will be ? 

8 minutes ago, Seldom Seen Kid said:

Afternoon lovelies!  Finally crawled into bed about 2am this morning.  Hope you all had safe journeys back.  

Had a chilled one this year, in part thanks to the unrelenting shiny ball of fire in the sky.  Sun stroke is not the one!

Thanks to those of you who persuaded me to come. I'm glad I did and loved seeing your faces once more.

Was great to see you there :)