NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

NFR heading to the fest...

XnY6S9O.gif

I'm sure they pass the same mountain twice even before it repeats!

I've finally escaped from the Royston Vasey of the weather thread.  It looks as if the major w*t stuff will hit us here at the wrong end of the A361 just as we're packing the caravan.  Sacrifices will be made.

We aim to be in cv east tomorrow evening (maybe bump into @fatyeti24, @H.M.V and @carlosj if I can find you?) and I plan to come to the meet on Wednesday for the first time.  Bit scared as I have trouble recognising people at the best of times... at least I should be able to spot you @Tranquility of Solitude wearing Shaun the Sheep(!)  I owe you and @deebeedoobee a pint for scoring our cv tickets.

@Seldom Seen Kid I'm glad you've decided to go. Let the farm do its healing thing.  @Funkyfairy! I hope I can find you to ask about the bin painting - something I'd love to do once I'm free to take the time out of work. @lucyginger good luck with first-time stewarding.  I hope you get somewhere in the shade ?

@vintagelaureate fingers crossed you're heading for Somerset on Wednesday.

To all (and everyone I've failed to mention) safe journey and have a fabulous party.  Even more precious this year as we came so close to missing out.  As I've said before: what a joy and an utter privilege  :friends::party:

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

We aim to be in cv east tomorrow evening (maybe bump into @fatyeti24, @H.M.V and @carlosj if I can find you?) and I plan to come to the meet on Wednesday for the first time.  Bit scared as I have trouble recognising people at the best of times... at least I should be able to spot you @Tranquility of Solitude wearing Shaun the Sheep(!)  I owe you and @deebeedoobee a pint for scoring our cv tickets.

To make it a bit easier for you, here's a sneak preview of my sartorial choice for the meet :D

Capture.JPG

9 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

I've finally escaped from the Royston Vasey of the weather thread.  It looks as if the major w*t stuff will hit us here at the wrong end of the A361 just as we're packing the caravan.  Sacrifices will be made.

@Seldom Seen Kid I'm glad you've decided to go. Let the farm do its healing thing.  @Funkyfairy! I hope I can find you to ask about the bin painting - something I'd love to do once I'm free to take the time out of work. @lucyginger good luck with first-time stewarding.  I hope you get somewhere in the shade ?

To all (and everyone I've failed to mention) safe journey and have a fabulous party.  Even more precious this year as we came so close to missing out.  As I've said before: what a joy and an utter privilege  :friends::party:

See you at the meet. There is usually a few efestivals t shirts around. I think Pilton Digger will wear his.

On 6/23/2019 at 8:02 AM, carlosj said:

If you have glitter, are you able to join us?

Edit:

Wahay! Just got this photo of the cider my mate's bringing from abroad (aka Dorset) just need to get food now tomorrow night and pack the piles.

IMG-20190623-WA0002.jpg

You have piles?  Do you need cream bringing?

2 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

You're welcome to.

Just now, fatyeti24 said:

We've made landfall in Somerset. Just completed a trip to the big shop in Shepton for last minute supplies. We're camped behind a pub with a lovely beer garden, so it'd be rude not to sample the local cuisine. 

A short drive in the morning and we're there!

Sounds good sir, glad to hear the jalopy made it down there in one piece :D

Looking forward to a beer on Wed :)

2 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

We've made landfall in Somerset. Just completed a trip to the big shop in Shepton for last minute supplies. We're camped behind a pub with a lovely beer garden, so it'd be rude not to sample the local cuisine. 

A short drive in the morning and we're there!

I'm trying to think of pubs in Shepton with a lovely beer garden.

18 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

I'm trying to think of pubs in Shepton with a lovely beer garden.

3 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

you may be a long time with that one.  I think they are at the Cross Keys, Lydford

Diggers right. Sadly the food didn't match the surroundings. We'll not stay for breakfast. 

Apart from that, no complaints.  The small campsite is even half full but everyone is going to the festival and there's a couple of other efesters here too. 

A short trip up the road in the morning to join the queue and then it's feet up time. 

Jealous of @fatyeti24 and @H.M.V for being so close, @lucyginger and @Funkyfairy! for already being there, and ALWAYS  jealous of @deebeedoobee and @pilton digger for having this as their village fete. One more day of work then setting off wed am hope to see you all at the meet, but if I miss any of you lovely people thanks for getting me through the fallow, love you all and have a fabulous festival xx

After a ropey build up I'm pleased to say the excitement has finally got me.  Not sure if it's because my flat currently resembles a rummage sale, or the pile of drinks on top of the washing machine, but this time tomorrow I'll be on the road.  Cannot wait!!