NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

11 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I’m here ? and loving it . Happy Saturday morning all from my tent in the field above cockmill meadow ???

Say hi to si for me.. And happy painting Mrs FF

images (2).jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 6/15/2019 at 4:23 PM, crazyfool1 said:

out of interest .. how many bins per day do you do ? do some people just do undercoats ? and do you just do the designs from your heads ? ...have a great weekend and build up on site :) 

Depends on what you’re doing , I have basecoated , scrubbed Down , designed and stencilled last week . Each area has a theme , so you do you what you want , or shangri la for example has stencils so they are all the same 

1 minute ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Depends on what you’re doing , I have basecoated , scrubbed Down , designed and stencilled last week . Each area has a theme , so you do you what you want , or shangri la for example has stencils so they are all the same 

:) thanks im intrigued by it with my creative tendencies but think i might struggle for ideas to make them all different 

4 hours ago, Chazwozza said:

This thread needs a *bump* to counter all the scientific learned discussion that's happening elsewhere.

All together now, 1 - 2 - 3 -   "All Praise The Weather Gods"

Now for a quick sacrifice to ensure good weather...

Agreed dude! I danced in the ‘not dry stuff’  in Spain as a sacrifice, and had a day of Manchestery weather yesterday. 

4 hours ago, Chazwozza said:

This thread needs a *bump* to counter all the scientific learned discussion that's happening elsewhere.

All together now, 1 - 2 - 3 -   "All Praise The Weather Gods"

Now for a quick sacrifice to ensure good weather...

I made a big sacrifice weekend before last, took the motorbike out from Glasgow up to Glencoe camped there then next day up to Inverness and onto Avimore for another nights camping, back to Glasgow via Perth on the 3rd day. 420 miles altogether through a lot of R**N.  Not once did I moan or curse,

ALL HAIL THE SUN GODS..........  See you all in a DRY AND SUNNY FIELD next week.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

I made a big sacrifice weekend before last, took the motorbike out from Glasgow up to Glencoe camped there then next day up to Inverness and onto Avimore for another nights camping, back to Glasgow via Perth on the 3rd day. 420 miles altogether through a lot of R**N.  Not once did I moan or curse,

ALL HAIL THE SUN GODS..........  See you all in a DRY AND SUNNY FIELD next week.

I love Aviemore and Glencoe. I did quite a bit of skiing there as a youngster. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

Was in city centre, but moved out to Greenock about 4 years ago. Originally from East London till I moved to Glasgow 14 year ago, it was a bit of a culture shock !!!! But I’m gradually getting used to it ???

Aye it’s a tad colder up there ? 

I’ve never been to Greenock. It’s on the west side isn’t it? Near the port? The city centre is amazing. I love the old buildings. 

8 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Aye it’s a tad colder up there ? 

I’ve never been to Greenock. It’s on the west side isn’t it? Near the port? The city centre is amazing. I love the old buildings. 

Yeah it’s next town round from Port Glasgow. In Greenock only cos that’s we’re the elderly in laws are. There’s not a bar or club here that I’d go to which is why I’ve built a bar in the garden, wood burning stove and  400 watt pa ?. Still have great nights in Glasgow but last train back is 11:50 ?. You’re right about the buildings in city centre ?

6 minutes ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

Yeah it’s next town round from Port Glasgow. In Greenock only cos that’s we’re the elderly in laws are. There’s not a bar or club here that I’d go to which is why I’ve built a bar in the garden, wood burning stove and  400 watt pa ?. Still have great nights in Glasgow but last train back is 11:50 ?. You’re right about the buildings in city centre ?

Your bar sounds amazing!! 

21 minutes ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

We have a big start of summer bbq early each May, about 40 people. This year had 3 bands play (did I mention I’ve also built a stage outside the bar ?).    I’ll post a few pics after Glastonbury 

Class!

Hope you're all well. 

That bar sounds amazing! 

I'm in the stressful position of not knowing when my festival will begin! If tomorrow goes as predicted, the best outcome will be Wednesday evening. Leaving the NW around 1pm, should get me parked up by 4/4.30 (dependent on traffic). Then the walk, security, drop off - can't see me making the meet. 

My tent is coming down for the early morning queue so that'll be set up. 

Worse of all, even after tomorrow I won't know the time I can leave until 1pm next Wednesday! Worst case scenario sees me arriving Friday evening; I really, really don't want that. 

Monday to Wednesday lunchtime next week will be tense!

11 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Hope you're all well. 

That bar sounds amazing! 

I'm in the stressful position of not knowing when my festival will begin! If tomorrow goes as predicted, the best outcome will be Wednesday evening. Leaving the NW around 1pm, should get me parked up by 4/4.30 (dependent on traffic). Then the walk, security, drop off - can't see me making the meet. 

My tent is coming down for the early morning queue so that'll be set up. 

Worse of all, even after tomorrow I won't know the time I can leave until 1pm next Wednesday! Worst case scenario sees me arriving Friday evening; I really, really don't want that. 

Monday to Wednesday lunchtime next week will be tense!

The main thing is you will be there at some point ???.    Is there a separate NFRNFC meet up or just the Efest one?

2 hours ago, THEBOILERMAN said:

The main thing is you will be there at some point ???.    Is there a separate NFRNFC meet up or just the Efest one?

Nothing has been arranged. I don’t have much free time this year but I’d be happy to meet others to watch gigs. I normally have a few hours of nothing but this year seems to have so many good smaller bands on that I want to catch. And my buddy Emma has her must sees as all the generic bands that’s are on the radio. 

Oh... and the stage at your bar sounds bloody amazing. Definitely send pics when you can. 

Weather, dogs, piers, food, tories, new bands. All bases covered on the forum today.

Starting a shopping list for food now and confirming lifts, life is getting sorted.

I'd like to meet up anyone, whether it's a group one or random ones. However, that'll be checking the clashfinder too.