NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

20 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Scaryily, I'm still waiting for my inspection in work. Well overdue and getting terrifyingly to Glastonbury dates. ?

So is it compulsory that you're there when this inspection takes place? What would happen if you had booked a holiday to Australia?

10 hours ago, noplacelikehome said:

Hello all,  just catching up on here - several mentions of the R word but good to see @deebeedoobee keeping everyone in line.  Went to neighbourhood festival just for the day over Bank hol to whet the appetite for the farm - had a good day but blimey you realise how different a vibe it is at those urban day festival things, it did get a it damp for a while in the morning as well so small sacrifce for the weather gods undertaken. Trial run of putting up sister in laws tent in the garden yesterday ended in an almighty row between Mr Dotty and myself due to male inability/unwillingness to read instructions - wouldn't mind but the tent isn't even for us we are lending it to our newbies who are coming over from Belfast so trying to cut down on luggage.  Sun is shining in Manchester, Glastonbury is this month - all is well in the world :)

It's a strange genetic mess from our neanderthal forebears, I can't tell left from right*, ever, and nor can I see small black shapes on paper.

*but can tell port from starboard.

Other than that, I am very excited. YES!

2 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

So is it compulsory that you're there when this inspection takes place? What would happen if you had booked a holiday to Australia?

Yeah I have to be there - I wouldn't have got the leave. I have had to take it partially unpaid anyway because of my line of work - my work are doing me a huge favour granting me any leave. 

6 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Yeah I have to be there - I wouldn't have got the leave. I have had to take it partially unpaid anyway because of my line of work - my work are doing me a huge favour granting me any leave. 

Your nerves must be jangling, fingers and everything else crossed for you.

8 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I hope it all works out.

11 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

what time frame does this have to fall in ? got over the weekends celebrations yet ? :) 

Hope you get it sorted @vintagelaureate In other news my youngest is off on an overnight camping trip with school and forecast is for lots of falling down water all day and night - so sacrifices being made to weather gods on our behalf. Lot of nonsense being talked on the "other" thread - people saying they will stick with a forecast of 3 days of r**n ! wtf

34 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Hope you get it sorted @vintagelaureate In other news my youngest is off on an overnight camping trip with school and forecast is for lots of falling down water all day and night - so sacrifices being made to weather gods on our behalf. Lot of nonsense being talked on the "other" thread - people saying they will stick with a forecast of 3 days of r**n ! wtf

Thank you Mini Dotty!! As for the 'other' thread, I don't like doom and gloom so I'll stay right here thank you ;)

Hope you get thing sorted sharpish @vintagelaureate, I really wouldn't want to be in your uncertain shoes. What's the worst case scenario?

Thanks all. 

Worst case scenario sees me heading down the Friday evening.... probably get to site early evening but then having to head back earlier than anticipated Sunday. 

Best case sees me there the duration. 

Got a feeling it's coming though! 

And @crazyfool1, just about, the city was a standstill Sunday!

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

Thanks all. 

Worst case scenario sees me heading down the Friday evening.... probably get to site early evening but then having to head back earlier than anticipated Sunday. 

Best case sees me there the duration. 

Got a feeling it's coming though! 

And @crazyfool1, just about, the city was a standstill Sunday!

watched the parade on sky s news ...scenes looked fantastic.  fingers crossed for you 

Bit drunk, hello! That’s it really. Other than to say I’m about to brave the outside for a cig be

ok can’t remember what I was saying because I got distracted by the person I live with putting on some sort of bastardised version of Move Any Mountain and I just went full rant about how you can’t mess with our yoof! 

Hello! (I should go to bed)

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

Evening Lucy. Drunk is good ?

I took one for the team today. I didn’t take a coat to work, and it was extremely Manchestery walking out. I most certainly wasn’t dry!! 

Hello love! Drunk is good at the moment!!! 

Ooh I did that today too. Hooray for sacrifices!!!

After three years away from glorious Glastonbury I have concluded I need three things:

• Wellies
  • Sunglasses
  • A list of things I need to take

In tribute to the gods of weather I shall of course take wellies and not sunglasses.  Any help on the third item would be appreciated ?

7 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

After three years away from glorious Glastonbury I have concluded I need three things:

• Wellies
  • Sunglasses
  • A list of things I need to take

In tribute to the gods of weather I shall of course take wellies and not sunglasses.  Any help on the third item would be appreciated ?

Sounds to me like you're sorted, we're taking the rest. :P Lol

• Like 1