NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've got my 60 for the Chems. Since I'm also doing Hopkins I'm tempted to get another load in.

Was a bit annoyed with Amazon because they arrived all bent out of shape - how did your cardboard ones arrive?

They've not showed yet, ordered from 2 different sites. Just went for 50 in the end, I'm all for fun but not made of money!! :lol:

So I’m sat outside, with a cider and factor 50! I’ve aired my tent, it’s very sparkly inside as I spilled a whole pot of glitter in it on the last day of Boomtown ? I have not cleaned up said glitter so I shall be extra fabulous. 

Still doesn’t feel quite real that I’ll be there!! 

17 hours ago, lucyginger said:

So I’m sat outside, with a cider and factor 50! I’ve aired my tent, it’s very sparkly inside as I spilled a whole pot of glitter in it on the last day of Boomtown ? I have not cleaned up said glitter so I shall be extra fabulous. 

Still doesn’t feel quite real that I’ll be there!! 

It's quite hard for me to get properly excited at the moment as I don't get home until the 19th June, it's going to be a mad week getting all my stuff ready. Just hope the weather is good so I can sort the tent out beforehand.

My Sunday so far:

One of the cats has thrown up some vivid green shit on the sofa, managing to get both cushions and the carpet.

Shower has packed up.

Length setting on my hair trimmers malfunctioned and I've all but shaved one of my eyebrows off.

Might not be weather related, but sacrifice like this has got to count for bloody something!

20 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

20190601_155508.jpg

Ordinarily I would be straight on here criticising the choice of wellies over boots. However since lightheartedly suggesting that @H.M.V and by association @fatyeti24 and their caravan might be bringing bad weather vibes to Glastonbury I have been struck down with a cold from hell.

So - nice wellies. ?

3 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

It's quite hard for me to get properly excited at the moment as I don't get home until the 19th June, it's going to be a mad week getting all my stuff ready. Just hope the weather is good so I can sort the tent out beforehand.

In which case, we’ll have to have a mad flurry of excitement at the last minute ?

2 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

Ordinarily I would be straight on here criticising the choice of wellies over boots. However since lightheartedly suggesting that @H.M.V and by association @fatyeti24 and their caravan might be bringing bad weather vibes to Glastonbury I have been struck down with a cold from hell.

So - nice wellies. ?

I have good boots for the farm but this was a wedding and ground wasn't churned up. So it was a welly affair. Even the bride was wearing them. 

Sorry you have a cold but think of it like this, less likely to catch one before Glasto and will be recovered by then. Get well soon. :D 

1 hour ago, lucyginger said:

Hellllooooooo!!!! ?

In my mind, I have this being said in Lauren Laverne's voice on that 6music jingle.

Science is great (to my non scientific mind) I see great stuff online, but really, I don't see how the weather patterns can be explained away other than by sacrifice.

Edited by carlosj

2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

I have good boots for the farm but this was a wedding and ground wasn't churned up. So it was a welly affair. Even the bride was wearing them. 

Sorry you have a cold but think of it like this, less likely to catch one before Glasto and will be recovered by then. Get well soon. :D 

Thanks for the good wishes - very kind of you.

it looks like a fun wedding; my daughter is getting married next year, I think she has something a little more formal planned.

19 hours ago, carlosj said:

In my mind, I have this being said in Lauren Laverne's voice on that 6music jingle.

Science is great (to my non scientific mind) I see great stuff online, but really, I don't see how the weather patterns can be explained away other than by sacrifice.

I think I know the one you mean! 

I agree with you about the science/sacrifices. Sacrifice over science any day! It's the way forward :)

Hello all,  just catching up on here - several mentions of the R word but good to see @deebeedoobee keeping everyone in line.  Went to neighbourhood festival just for the day over Bank hol to whet the appetite for the farm - had a good day but blimey you realise how different a vibe it is at those urban day festival things, it did get a it damp for a while in the morning as well so small sacrifce for the weather gods undertaken. Trial run of putting up sister in laws tent in the garden yesterday ended in an almighty row between Mr Dotty and myself due to male inability/unwillingness to read instructions - wouldn't mind but the tent isn't even for us we are lending it to our newbies who are coming over from Belfast so trying to cut down on luggage.  Sun is shining in Manchester, Glastonbury is this month - all is well in the world :)

Hi Guys... I’ve been nursing my way through the post festival blues, and now the excitement levels are ramping up for Glastonbury. I’m absolutely elated that my buddy isn’t bothered by Miley/Kylie and I can go to see Skinny Lister instead. This year is going to be the best yet!!