NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

31 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Hi Yog, hope all is good with you?

Hello dizzymoo,

Things are god this end, thanks. Just about to head off of a jaunt to the Far East, taking in Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam, so really looking forward to that. 

I read you recent posts. It makes me happy to know that all is well in your life, and your family's. I know that you are a trooper, and fair play to you for that. I have, and hopefully will continue, to be the very rear guard cover for all those that I hold dearly to me.

The needs of the many exceed the needs of one.

Yog :)

4 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello dizzymoo,

Things are god this end, thanks. Just about to head off of a jaunt to the Far East, taking in Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam, so really looking forward to that. 

I read you recent posts. It makes me happy to know that all is well in your life, and your family's. I know that you are a trooper, and fair play to you for that. I have, and hopefully will continue, to be the very rear guard cover for all those that I hold dearly to me.

The needs of the many exceed the needs of one.

Yog :)

Thanks Yog.  Enjoy your Far East tour;  definitely a good time to be away from the UK.  Being the rear guard cover sounds a bit faecal, but I know what you mean! ?

18 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Being the rear guard cover sounds a bit faecal, but I know what you mean! ?

No, I'm really not in to shit. In fact I'd rather not be in it's vicinity at all. 

The above said, I do recall going to Amsterdam in my youth, and being asked by a friend to come and look at a couple of magazines in a sex shop window. I went, and looked in, and there were two magazines in the window called 'Shit Lovers I', and 'Shit Lovers Two'. Gross.

By rear guard, I meant that I'd 'fall' for them. 

8 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

I love Bagpuss!! :)

In my first year as a student the BBC re-released a lot of their old kids' output on VHS.  A few of us clubbed together and returned back to the room with Bagpuss, Mr Benn, Chorlton & The Wheelies and Will O' The Wisp, plus a quarter of the local chemist's finest.  Cue a lot of giggling.

Those mice continue to screw with my mate's head to this day.

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

In my first year as a student the BBC re-released a lot of their old kids' output on VHS.  A few of us clubbed together and returned back to the room with Bagpuss, Mr Benn, Chorlton & The Wheelies and Will O' The Wisp, plus a quarter of the local chemist's finest.  Cue a lot of giggling.

Those mice continue to screw with my mate's head to this day.

Fantastic!!! The mice are lovely and CAN fix anything. 

I went to a fancy dress party as Evil Edna a few years. That was fun :)

6 hours ago, lucyginger said:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Cure playing the NIGHT BEFORE MY BIRTHDAY

So sad :(

NEED A TICKET! 

Just off for another little cry.

Love you all. 

xxxx

With you Lucy. Chems,  Tame Impala and Christine alone would make the festival for me. Will be so gutted if we can't get tickets. On the other hand, it will be pure joy and an utter privilege if we do.

Eek! First Best wishes warm handshakes and hugs to all who need them - been keeping up a bit with posts but finding it hard to keep enthusiasm at fever pitch when I might not be going.

Really solid line up for me lots of things on there I would definitely go and see, just lack of ticket is dampening my excitement somewhat.   @lucyginger and @dizzymoo (and anyone else on here who is still ticketless) we will get there! (hopefully, please, pretty please with cream and a cherry on the top etc ) At least no Duran Duran on the line up, my teenage self was getting extremely excited when I saw that thread, would have been horrible to see them on the poster and know I didn't have tickets.

Morning Poppets... To those so far ticketless, I'm so sorry you can't get excited at the line up poster. I for one am blooming bouncing like a bouncy thing, but I feel your pain. I keep looking at it and seeing someone I had forgotten was on there and then predicting clashes everywhere! Just been on the day and stage thread... Cure v Chems v Janelle! Now that is a toughie!!

I'm lucky enough to have a new colleague who is also going, So I can Glastobate all day!!! Mind, we need to start the sacrifices to the weather Gods people... It's horrid out there today, and I don't fancy bouncing around to The Killers in this not dry suff.

Have a good day ;)

All I keep seeing are newbies hundreds of them THOUSANDS OF THEM and us veteran's off many a glasto mud war,, wounded.(. In my case quite a lot...) distressed due to the clashes of bands,, traumatised when you realise that Sunday night has come... O so quickly when THE END IS NIGH. 

And now after over 20 years MILLIONS EVEN BILLIONS of pounds spent home remortgaged just so we can go into battle again... And not a ticket in site.... 

But that's fine me and Lucy girl and all the others will be fine.. We'll be happy for those of you who are there watching stormzy. We will get up outa our camping chairs in the LOUNGE and go woooop woooop with you.. 

Looking for your flag with....... Hi to you lot at home.... Written in neon paint so we'll now its you.. 

We DON'T FEEL BAD....... you go 

You go enjoy yourselves....... With out us..... Cos we don't mind... Cos we're nice. 

LIKE FUUUUUUCKKKKKK.. FUCK SHIT MAN WE NEED TICKETS FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF WE WILL NO SIT IN OUR LOUNGES WE WANT TO BE IN A FIELD WE WHAT TO LISTEN TO STORMZY AND GO WOOOP WOOOOP WITH YOU AND WE HATE FLAGS.. 

Right all you newbies your young you have your whole glastonbury future in front of you.... Do the right thing throw your tickets back in the box so use old age buggers can go.. 

Thank you.. My plea is out there let us old veteran's go to battle again.... 

Thank you. G

Heeeee heeee 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2019 at 10:44 AM, guypjfreak said:

All I keep seeing are newbies hundreds of them THOUSANDS OF THEM and us veteran's off many a glasto mud war,, wounded.(. In my case quite a lot...) distressed due to the clashes of bands,, traumatised when you realise that Sunday night has come... O so quickly when THE END IS NIGH. 

And now after over 20 years MILLIONS EVEN BILLIONS of pounds spent home remortgaged just so we can go into battle again... And not a ticket in site.... 

But that's fine me and Lucy girl and all the others will be fine.. We'll be happy for those of you who are there watching stormzy. We will get up outa our camping chairs in the LOUNGE and go woooop woooop with you.. 

Looking for your flag with....... Hi to you lot at home.... Written in neon paint so we'll now its you.. 

We DON'T FEEL BAD....... you go 

You go enjoy yourselves....... With out us..... Cos we don't mind... Cos we're nice. 

LIKE FUUUUUUCKKKKKK.. FUCK SHIT MAN WE NEED TICKETS FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF WE WILL NO SIT IN OUR LOUNGES WE WANT TO BE IN A FIELD WE WHAT TO LISTEN TO STORMZY AND GO WOOOP WOOOOP WITH YOU AND WE HATE FLAGS.. 

Right all you newbies your young you have your whole glastonbury future in front of you.... Do the right thing throw your tickets back in the box so use old age buggers can go.. 

Thank you.. My plea is out there let us old veteran's go to battle again.... 

Thank you. G

Heeeee heeee 

We can try get tickets for you, which will be better than trashing your garden with blankets and shouting Dan to recreate part of the festival. I notice Mr Vedder is playing with the Who too.

19 hours ago, carlosj said:

We can try get tickets for you, which will be better than trashing your garden with blankets and shouting Dan to recreate part of the festival. I notice Mr Vedder is playing with the Who too.

Yea but out of my price range this time.. Especially as we've booked our travels old son.. 

I'm old school and shout bollox Lol

Guy that wins Post Of The Day!! Had me laughing out loud!! 

"We will get up outa our camping chairs in the LOUNGE and go woooop woooop with you.. 

Looking for your flag with....... Hi to you lot at home.... Written in neon paint so we'll now its you.."

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! So funny! NO WE FUCKING WON'T! :):) 

41 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Dudes! Page three! Tut tut!! 

I thought the same, but you beat me to a bump

We need to start making sacrifices to the NFR NFC gods, else we are in for a drenching I fear - to help it was wet and foggy walking from the car park to work this morning and I didn;t put my hat on so got rather damp - its a starter sacrifice but better than nothing

In other news I am getting wildly excited about self infalting matteresses and camp beds - I need to get a grip :-)

Today I've been repainting one of our rooms as the extended bout of r**n that we've had recently led to leakage.  Not a huge sacrifice on my - or our home's - part, but a sacrifice non the less.  

Hope you're all well folks, and stay away from that bin fire of a thread about Noel and Fatboy, for that way madness lies.