NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Fingers crossed @lucyginger! Hope war horse was good @Curlygirl. @Funkyfairy!, sorry to hear about your friend - a friend of mine recently passed which was out the blue, so if you ever need to chat - I (like everyone) will lend an ear.

Good to see everyone else is getting by! 

I've been so busy recently... I got a promotion in work, then my daughter was ill (she's okay now), so I wasn't too active on here. 

I've only got two gigs booked between now and Glastonbury, but I did see Frank Carter last week in a tiny venue, which was excellent. I toyed with going to Bearded Theory but I can't get more time off work. Then I was going to go to Green Man and take my eldest, but she's not been camping (ever) so I'm best to try her with that first!

On 2/23/2019 at 2:51 PM, Curlygirl said:

Hello you!!! OOhh, Exciting, when will you find out? Of course everything is crossed for you both, and if all else fails, there's always the resale. Hope you're keeping well Lucy x

Hello! End of March I think, it's just me that's done it so we really need to be successful in resales really! EEK! 

Yes all good here thanks love, hope you are too xx

Evening all, resurfacing for a bit longer this time, been a few manic months but the sun's shining now. How's things? Ready for the resales?

Got a few gigs lined up, the first is tomorrow - Billy Eilish. Which means I'll be in the Chinese quarter with MrsCJ eating food till the youngest comes out of the gig. Front row at Nick in Manchester will be cool, Aldous Harding in Leeds, but MrsCJ drew the line at the ABC tour of Lexicon of Love. #shame.

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

I've just had a training session on 'Stress management' and was asked do I remember the most stressed I'd ever been and what was the cause of it? My colleagues all know about 'Tday' nerves but the civilian instructor looked at me as if I were crackers!

Haha, love this - any tips on keeping the heart rate below 100bpm are more than welcome!

3 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Haha, love this - any tips on keeping the heart rate below 100bpm are more than welcome!

I swear in 2015 i had a full on panic attack, I thought I was having a heart attack at 4am :0) He said something about breathing... 2-2-4! But he also has no idea of the stress we go through leading up to Tday.

Just now, Curlygirl said:

I swear in 2015 i had a full on panic attack, I thought I was having a heart attack at 4am :0) He said something about breathing... 2-2-4! But he also has no idea of the stress we go through leading up to Tday.

Oh we all know the struggle is real. Although I don't think I've felt the onset of an apparent heart attack until a bit closer to 9am! 2-2-4 looks similar to musical timing to me and the connotations unfortunately will only increase the stress levels. Back to the drawing board! 

Just now, djdavejohnson said:

Oh we all know the struggle is real. Although I don't think I've felt the onset of an apparent heart attack until a bit closer to 9am! 2-2-4 looks similar to musical timing to me and the connotations unfortunately will only increase the stress levels. Back to the drawing board! 

Lucky you haha, I've normally made myself calm down by that point, but my nickname for that morning is Glastzilla, I don't deal with stress well.  The tutor made us all do the slow breath in for 2, then hold for 2, then exhale for 4... But they were bloody slow counts. I can see how it works.

1 minute ago, Curlygirl said:

Lucky you haha, I've normally made myself calm down by that point, but my nickname for that morning is Glastzilla, I don't deal with stress well.  The tutor made us all do the slow breath in for 2, then hold for 2, then exhale for 4... But they were bloody slow counts. I can see how it works.

I best give these breathing exercises a try, my stress levels start off ok upon awakening and gradually increase to supanova point by 9am. Haha well that's understandable! No judgement here. 

1 minute ago, djdavejohnson said:

I best give these breathing exercises a try, my stress levels start off ok upon awakening and gradually increase to supanova point by 9am. Haha well that's understandable! No judgement here. 

Upon awakening?? I've given up actually going to bed, the adrenaline keeps me awake.

6 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Upon awakening?? I've given up actually going to bed, the adrenaline keeps me awake.

Ah see traditionally we've always had a boozy one the night before ticket day, and as we secured tickets the first time this way it kinda stuck. Problem is, I'm currently over 2 months into a dry run and if this continues into October it puts me in a bit of a pickle.

4 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Ah see traditionally we've always had a boozy one the night before ticket day, and as we secured tickets the first time this way it kinda stuck. Problem is, I'm currently over 2 months into a dry run and if this continues into October it puts me in a bit of a pickle.

Ever since I put the efestivals mug in the van, other people have got my tickets for me. I need to get that back for the pre 9am session, and get lucky myself. Coffee, nerves, multiple devices and music is my routine.

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

Ever since I put the efestivals mug in the van, other people have got my tickets for me. I need to get that back for the pre 9am session, and get lucky myself. Coffee, nerves, multiple devices and music is my routine.

I love how we all have our ticket traditions - another little piece of what makes the festival what it is. Not that our health thanks us for it! 

Lots of changes to the festival on there way..seems every week something new. 

More people from next year, plastic bottles ban and from a trader the prices of pitches are going up as will food and at least one stall that has been there for the last 20 years didn't get its pitch.. Can't remember name did burgers, garlic guzzler or something.. 

Things they are a changing and it don't feel right 

On 2/28/2019 at 12:38 PM, Curlygirl said:

I've just had a training session on 'Stress management' and was asked do I remember the most stressed I'd ever been and what was the cause of it? My colleagues all know about 'Tday' nerves but the civilian instructor looked at me as if I were crackers!

I love love love this ...... brilliant 

I’m just back from a week in krakow with work, eaten and drank so much ... but did find cherry vodka in plastic bottles at the airport .... perfect for Glastonbury hipflask :-)

• Upvote 1

Hello all. I’m looking at tents and wondered if anyone has used an inflatable Quechua tent?Think there may be a thread somewhere but can’t see it.

Looking for one I can put up on my own

Edited by Spacey

6 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

If anyone is in the area on Friday and wants to see ME perform in a band ( not karaoke) get yourself down to the Pilton Working Mans club...you heard it here first.

i will be providing photographic evidence.

At first look I read that as you were performing Dee, just being really aggressive about it! :lol:

If anyone is in the area on Friday and wants to see ME perform in a band ( not karaoke) get yourself down to the Pilton Working Mans club...you heard it here first.

Wish I was in the area, that would be great. Have a great time, and look forward to seeing the photos .

Is this going to be your headliner announcement;  along the lines of Foo Fighters?