NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

1 hour ago, Skoo said:

if I remember rightly it was just shy of £5k. Way out of our budget!

The alternative band I found online were a fraction of the price and were really fantastic, so much so that another couple who attended our wedding have now pinched them to play at theirs. 

Thanks for answering Skoo, as I was genuinely interested in what they could pitch at. Happy to hear that you got similar cheaper. When I got married we were going to have a live band. However, at the end of the day we had to decide between a live band or a free bar. We chose the free bar option and it proved to be just the ticket - people were slaughtered. lol

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thanks for answering Skoo, as I was genuinely interested in what they could pitch at. Happy to hear that you got similar cheaper. When I got married we were going to have a live band. However, at the end of the day we had to decide between a live band or a free bar. We chose the free bar option and it proved to be just the ticket - people were slaughtered. lol

Free bar = always a hit!

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Well the decision to have the band or a free bar was rather made up for me, when my wife to be said that 'It's a free bar, or I'm not marrying you'. 

Not to be argued with!!

On 10/15/2018 at 10:37 AM, guypjfreak said:

So last week went to the hospital.. For myself. 

Doctor walks in and asks me how I feel.. Well doc I say concidering I fell over about a month ago it's not too bad says I pulling up my joggers 

Looking at me with rather a strange look she says no your shoulder.. 

Oo mixed  up appointment.. Shall we start again.. 

Cut long story short more bone needs to be taken so I went in for knee came out having had preop for shoulder.. 

Funny old day... That one BUT what a preop.. For those that don't know it's usually height, blood pressure and weight etc.. I was in there for an hour and she went through everything right back to 1984.. Best preop ever.. She said I was a walking accident lol

Do you know I misread this at first. I read the bit 'pulled up my joggers' as 'I dropped my joggers!' I was just imagining the surprise on the poor docs face as the 'old son' dropped out just as they were preparing to take a look at your shoulder!

Says more about me I think...

19 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Do you know I misread this at first. I read the bit 'pulled up my joggers' as 'I dropped my joggers!' I was just imagining the surprise on the poor docs face as the 'old son' dropped out just as they were preparing to take a look at your shoulder!

Says more about me I think...

Lol 

Coming in here for a bit of respite. Just seen a clip of Stanley Johnson (Floppy haired sperm donor) talking about letting the Irish shoot each other with regards Brexit. It's awful living in a world with so much hate. 

Can't wait to be on the farm again. It's very much needed for a soul recharge. 

Love and hugs to all. x

6 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Coming in here for a bit of respite. Just seen a clip of Stanley Johnson (Floppy haired sperm donor) talking about letting the Irish shoot each other with regards Brexit. It's awful living in a world with so much hate. 

Can't wait to be on the farm again. It's very much needed for a soul recharge. 

Love and hugs to all. x

It always helps to share your despair.

It seems that the whole world is going mad, not just us with Brexit but everywhere and I fear for the future of my children & grandchildren.

Stanley Johnson is just a prick, anybody who fathered Boris has to be, but the Brexit/Irish debate seems to be driven by the DUP who are the political wing of the Flat Earth Society and want a border and no border at the same time.

I've had too much wine, which seems to be the only sensible solution at the minute as it appears that I have no Canadian family to escape to, so sorry if this makes no sense; I'll check in the morning.

Tired 

Two things....... Have you ever noticed that the young girl in the water aid advert uses a Glastonbury steel cup to collect the water.... Watch it 

AND for better or worse BABY ELIZA is being moved to poole hospital tomorrow for her next steps to recovery.. She is still not blinking and still not swallowing but she does cry....infact she loves crying and it's doing her good... We can chat now. 

So in poole she will have a team dedicated to her and hopefully she will continue to get better.. BUT it's still a long journey even years and years.. 

We have raised over two thousand pounds for the PICU unit that saved her life.. You can still donate...

Heres two pics of a journey of a brave girl 

THANKS FOR  ALL THE SUPPORT.. 

Donate here face ache.......  shaz purple or if link works

https://www.facebook.com/shazzpurple?__nodl

IMG_20180906_124630114.jpg

IMG_20181016_163747319.jpg

IMG_20181009_123517394.jpg

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Tired 

Two things....... Have you ever noticed that the young girl in the water aid advert uses a Glastonbury steel cup to collect the water.... Watch it 

AND for better or worse BABY ELIZA is being moved to poole hospital tomorrow for her next steps to recovery.. She is still not blinking and still not swallowing but she does cry....infact she loves crying and it's doing her good... We can chat now. 

So in poole she will have a team dedicated to her and hopefully she will continue to get better.. BUT it's still a long journey even years and years.. 

We have raised over two thousand pounds for the PICU unit that saved her life.. You can still donate...

Nice pics (the ones she's getting better in) and good t shirt old son! ?Well pleased to see the progress. Amazing on the fund raising. ?

Edited by semmtexx

13 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Tired 

how do we donate old son ? may have missed it ... is there a link ? im sure a few on here would be quite happy to 

1 hour ago, Losing my hair said:

It always helps to share your despair.

It seems that the whole world is going mad, not just us with Brexit but everywhere and I fear for the future of my children & grandchildren.

Stanley Johnson is just a prick, anybody who fathered Boris has to be, but the Brexit/Irish debate seems to be driven by the DUP who are the political wing of the Flat Earth Society and want a border and no border at the same time.

I've had too much wine, which seems to be the only sensible solution at the minute as it appears that I have no Canadian family to escape to, so sorry if this makes no sense; I'll check in the morning.

I've had wine too. I'm too exhausted to deal with the rest. I can't watch the news anymore. Having fun and hair pulling with the new pupper. 

47 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Tired 

Cheers linked.. I hope 

• Like 1

Great pictures Guy! 

I haven't been online much at all the last week or so - I hope you're all doing well and have a fantastic weekend lined up. 

I'm off work for a week now, off to Jack White tonight (not seen him since 2004), so should be a good gig!

On 10/17/2018 at 11:35 PM, guypjfreak said:

Cheers linked.. I hope 

Looking good.

I heard 'Alive' the other day, and had a "so that's them then" moment. Your missionary work is working.

• Upvote 1

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:00 PM, semmtexx said:

Good collection of festival wrist bands too! Good luck to you all Guy. 

@guypjfreak is in so many bits now they're the only things holding him together :lol:

So good to hear the updates Guy, little steps forward!  Very proud looking granddad as well :)

In my own good news, father in law came back home on Friday night after nearly 4 months in hospital.  Starting to heal properly from his op now, so they were happy to let him continue healing at home.  Happy days!  Plus got Rolling Blackouts tomorrow night and First Aid Kit next week to look forward to as well :yahoo:

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 2

Congrats @guypjfreak - I hope she continues getting better :)

Only normally lurk on this thread, but skimming through the local sales thread just now made me feel the need to pop in here for some efest love. Hope you guys all had a good Monday! I seem to have scrapped through some weekend bday party antics miraculously unharmed :lol:

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Congrats @guypjfreak - I hope she continues getting better :)

Only normally lurk on this thread, but skimming through the local sales thread just now made me feel the need to pop in here for some efest love. Hope you guys all had a good Monday! I seem to have scrapped through some weekend bday party antics miraculously unharmed :lol:

Cheers.. Little steps.. 

Had a very sudden realisation last night while looking at the sky.  In Peter Pan the way to Neverland is second star on the right and straight on until morning.  But does that take into account the time of year and the movement of the earth relative to the cosmos? Otherwise you could go straight on until morning and, allowing for maybe a 10 hour flight time, just find yourself in Singapore.

Just a thought :D

On 10/17/2018 at 10:47 PM, guypjfreak said:

Tired 

Shes beautiful guy, im sending lots of healing energy into the universe for her ??

• Upvote 1

On 10/24/2018 at 10:49 AM, Quark said:

Had a very sudden realisation last night while looking at the sky.  In Peter Pan the way to Neverland is second star on the right and straight on until morning.  But does that take into account the time of year and the movement of the earth relative to the cosmos? Otherwise you could go straight on until morning and, allowing for maybe a 10 hour flight time, just find yourself in Singapore.

Just a thought :D

Woah, duuuude. Cosmic :)