NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

1 minute ago, lucyginger said:

Dudes! Bottom of page two!! 

I made a sacrifice today, I got the bus to work and was fighting with my brolly and my rollie in the wind and I got a wet leg and and my hair has gone very rogue! Still, it made me smile to think that I might be helping in a small way. I hope the Weather Gods tell the Ticket Gods and they help me in the resale!! 

Have a great weekend everyone :) 

Ooops. Must do better. We got some proper soakage going on yesterday as we took the pooches down to the lake for a walk. Watched the rain come in and got rather damp.

Little Ralphy went a little further into the water as well. He's only a pup and is afraid of stairs, manholes and water. He's ok with the noise of the fighter jets and other things which is good. 

IMG_20181011_162406.jpg

8 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Starting to get excited now! Trawling through Efestivals certainly gets the spirits up. 

@H.M.V a little bit of encouragement from Mitzy Dog and Ralph will be in the lake in no time. Have you dared to take him off the lead yet? 

Gawd no, would love to let him off the lead and run around with Mitzydog but he's still learning that we're his name and the fact that we're his humans. The first day we walked him he would have gone off with anyone if he was free. He kept trying to follow people going the other way. So we'll take it slow and spoil him just enough that he wouldn't even dream of going with someone else. :D

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Gawd no, would love to let him off the lead and run around with Mitzydog but he's still learning that we're his name and the fact that we're his humans. The first day we walked him he would have gone off with anyone if he was free. He kept trying to follow people going the other way. So we'll take it slow and spoil him just enough that he wouldn't even dream of going with someone else. :D

Good plannage!! I was so scared the first time mine was let off the lead. Had to bribe him with treats and squeaky toys to get him back haha. 

49 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Good plannage!! I was so scared the first time mine was let off the lead. Had to bribe him with treats and squeaky toys to get him back haha. 

Oh that's the next step. Enclosed space and work on getting him to come back to us. With lots of treats and toys.

Quick up date on baby Eliza. 

We are waiting for eye tests to see how her eyes are. Obviously.. There's no damage to them but she's not fixing on things but she does move to sound.. 

She's being sick most mornings so they are checking for that. 

The good news is that she is going to live.. Fingers crossed... But we will have to see how she goes as she grows.. They are thinking of moving her to poole hospital in the near future which is a bit of a nightmare as they said that they would only do that if she was progressing slowly. 

We did a fund raising thing for the wife's birthday on face ache and so far she's raised over a grand and a half.. So thanks to anyone that has helped.. 

Look I've not got Glastonbury tickets this year but I do have a beautiful granddaughter and I would just like to say thanks to you lot for all the support you have shown me.. 

It means alot.... 

Peace and cold tea 

Guyoldson 

Have to edit. 

Baby Eliza is crying.. Really crying and I'm sure it's because of my singing her.. Love boat captain.. By Pearl jam.. Hey if she doesn't like it I don't care she crying which means hopefully she'll be able to to talk... Yeaaaaaaaaa xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Bumping this up - we've fallen to the second page!  ?

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. Went out last night, few too many as per usual but a good evening all around! Had a very rough week and still not over it but trying to stay positive

Peas and love!

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 12:34 PM, noplacelikehome said:

So - even though I am absolutely SURE that I will get tickets in the resale - am thinking about potential alternatives/additions next year - didn't manage any festivals this year and it has been rubbish.  So just in case we don't get lucky in April, what would you lot recommend?  Can't manage overseas fests - boomtown looks amazing but not really my music and might be a bit too much.  Was thinking Bearded Theory/Green Man/Kendal Calling - pros/cons from those who have been and when are they likely to sell out as don't think I can manage the big G (WHEN we get our tickets) and another due to holidays/kids etc and don't want to buy another ticket until after the resales in case I am tempting the ticket gods not to let me get lucky in the resale?

I would definitely recommend Bluedot at Jodrell Bank - not far from you.  It has a similar vibe to Glasto, very decent headliners (Flaming Lips/Future Islands/Chemical Brothers this year), and even though it's a fraction of the size I found there was always something to do.  Lots of science stuff, and lovely light/sound installations in the wooded areas around the site.

As a fellow member of the club none of us want to be in (along with @lucyginger, @pentura and @guypjfreak, among the many) I was feeling philosophical but after a deeply unpleasant working week that's starting to wear thin. It's good to know there will be help in the resale though.  Thank you all :friends:

So last week went to the hospital.. For myself. 

Doctor walks in and asks me how I feel.. Well doc I say concidering I fell over about a month ago it's not too bad says I pulling up my joggers 

Looking at me with rather a strange look she says no your shoulder.. 

Oo mixed  up appointment.. Shall we start again.. 

Cut long story short more bone needs to be taken so I went in for knee came out having had preop for shoulder.. 

Funny old day... That one BUT what a preop.. For those that don't know it's usually height, blood pressure and weight etc.. I was in there for an hour and she went through everything right back to 1984.. Best preop ever.. She said I was a walking accident lol

Happy Monday all!

@guypjfreak good news about baby eliza - small steps; @dizzymoo Thank you, I had forgotten about bluedot - good call will def keep in mind @Tranquility of Solitude - hello and nice to see you back - take it you were one of the lucky ones? @H.M.V how is ralph settling in?

went to see elvana on Friday - if anyone gets chance to see them GO! they are so much fun - still have no voice left after much singing - @lucyginger you have a treat in store this week. Had 2 nights out over the weekend and am paying for it today - no idea how I manage 5 days at Glastonbury - is there somethingin the air that stops you getting hangovers?

42 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

Happy Monday all!

@guypjfreak good news about baby eliza - small steps; @dizzymoo Thank you, I had forgotten about bluedot - good call will def keep in mind @Tranquility of Solitude - hello and nice to see you back - take it you were one of the lucky ones? @H.M.V how is ralph settling in?

went to see elvana on Friday - if anyone gets chance to see them GO! they are so much fun - still have no voice left after much singing - @lucyginger you have a treat in store this week. Had 2 nights out over the weekend and am paying for it today - no idea how I manage 5 days at Glastonbury - is there somethingin the air that stops you getting hangovers?

Thanks, yes I was one of the fortunate ones. Going with son & daughter, niece and her boyfriend. A family outing this time around!

11 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Struth page 2 twice.. 

There going on about ageism now.. Cool I'm old lol

Bump BTW 

We'll do our best not to discriminate against you due to your age Guy.  You'll get exactly the same level of pisstaking as everyone else :P

• Upvote 1

@noplacelikehome what sort of music is elvana? Will check them out.

Been following everyone's news, gutted to see not all of this camp have their tickets sorted. I'm very happy to help in the resale.

Bed bound currently with a case of tonsilitis, so nothing to do but watch trashy TV, lurk around on efests and snooze!

Considering booking a tent at Worthy View this year, so I've been searching efests for people's various opinions on it. Seems to be quite a heated and divisive topic!

Any of you guys ever done WV?

@Skoo exactly what Neil said - Elvis frontman singing nirvarna songs and mashing up elvis songs in between.  It really shouldn't work, it should be rubbish and I am not a massive fan of "tribute" bands but it is actually really really good fun - came across them by chance at Camp bestival sheltering from the rain in 2016 and enjoyed it so much we went to see them last week in their own gig.  The musicianship is actually pretty good, the frontman is hilarious and as I love both Elvis and Nirvana it is a perfect marriage.  Sure some will be sniffy about them but if you go with no pretensions it is a really good night

45 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

@Skoo exactly what Neil said - Elvis frontman singing nirvarna songs and mashing up elvis songs in between.  It really shouldn't work, it should be rubbish and I am not a massive fan of "tribute" bands but it is actually really really good fun - came across them by chance at Camp bestival sheltering from the rain in 2016 and enjoyed it so much we went to see them last week in their own gig.  The musicianship is actually pretty good, the frontman is hilarious and as I love both Elvis and Nirvana it is a perfect marriage.  Sure some will be sniffy about them but if you go with no pretensions it is a really good night

I second everything Dotty says @Skoo, I've seen them 3 times this year, and each time I think it can't get any better, but always seems to. Just an amazing night out. Give them a go if you can.

4 hours ago, Quark said:

We'll do our best not to discriminate against you due to your age Guy.  You'll get exactly the same level of pisstaking as everyone else :P

Yak yak yak...... I was worried that I was going to be treating different once this new law came in

@eFestivals @noplacelikehome @Curlygirl Thanks very much for the description - at first I thought Neil was taking the mick with his description! Sounds right up my street, I love Elvis and I love Nirvana.

Hoping that New York Brass Band will be back at the fest next year. I actually emailed them to see how much they would charge to play at my Glasto-themed wedding in May this year (turned out to be a LOT), so we had a very similar, and much cheaper band come and play. Can't go wrong with a brass band.

27 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Oh, go on, please tell - how much is a lot?

if I remember rightly it was just shy of £5k. Way out of our budget!

The alternative band I found online were a fraction of the price and were really fantastic, so much so that another couple who attended our wedding have now pinched them to play at theirs.