NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

1 minute ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

You're welcome. Would hate you not to make it.

I'm limping along through life both metaphorically and literally ...but slowly on the mend.

Struth your as bad as me.. I've got an appointment for Friday morning cos whilst morning the loss of my dog.. Eddie Vedder... True.. I happened to slip down a ditch with a small river at the bottom.... Now I don't remember this but I do remember falling into a hole or ditch which took me ages to get out of.. 

We well I lost a good monocular somewhere on this stroll so after sitting down for a whole day.... Hard for me... We retraced our route found the monocular and my ditch /hole which was nothing more than a tiny depression in the ground.. 

Oh well at least I got my monocular back... 

12 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Thanks old son.. 

Well she's the same but she's been moved to a room by herself which in a way I'm not happy with.. Apparently it's a good thing but there's no noise.. You know no nurses banging about people coming and going that sort of thing.. Plus......  And I know their amazing but when it's one of yours....... Plus the nurses aren't in the room 24/7 their out side and only check for observations and things other wise they rely on the machine to let them know if anything is wrong.. She has not blinked, cried or very important swallowed 

We have just started a fund raising thing on face ache.. We've had baby Ruby today but up again tomorrow. I keep singing Pearl Jam to her.. And she makes this strange gurgling sound.. I'm pretty sure she does like it but maybe not but IT IS A SOUND so I'll keep singing.. 

Thanks for asking old son that goes to everyone.. 

Still think my scheme is good.. Ha ha 

Really hope that things start to improve soon Guy. Sending positive vibes your way.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Quark said:

We'll get you there @guypjfreak.

How's baby Eliza getting on now? Still progressing well I hope x

Thanks old son.. 

Well she's the same but she's been moved to a room by herself which in a way I'm not happy with.. Apparently it's a good thing but there's no noise.. You know no nurses banging about people coming and going that sort of thing.. Plus......  And I know their amazing but when it's one of yours....... Plus the nurses aren't in the room 24/7 their out side and only check for observations and things other wise they rely on the machine to let them know if anything is wrong.. She has not blinked, cried or very important swallowed 

We have just started a fund raising thing on face ache.. We've had baby Ruby today but up again tomorrow. I keep singing Pearl Jam to her.. And she makes this strange gurgling sound.. I'm pretty sure she does like it but maybe not but IT IS A SOUND so I'll keep singing.. 

https://www.facebook.com/donate/1852835268166944/

On 10/7/2018 at 8:13 PM, Quark said:

That's amazing Dizzy!

I'm amazed too!  There's been no pressure from us, he's decided for himself that he wants to try for Cambridge, and his teachers have said it's absolutely worth him applying.  Until yesterday I had sort of forgotten that he stopped going to school the Friday before T day in 2015.  We were lucky enough to get tickets,  but I would have willingly given them away for anything which would have helped him then...

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Thanks old son.. 

Well she's the same but she's been moved to a room by herself which in a way I'm not happy with.. Apparently it's a good thing but there's no noise.. You know no nurses banging about people coming and going that sort of thing.. Plus......  And I know their amazing but when it's one of yours....... Plus the nurses aren't in the room 24/7 their out side and only check for observations and things other wise they rely on the machine to let them know if anything is wrong.. She has not blinked, cried or very important swallowed 

We have just started a fund raising thing on face ache.. We've had baby Ruby today but up again tomorrow. I keep singing Pearl Jam to her.. And she makes this strange gurgling sound.. I'm pretty sure she does like it but maybe not but IT IS A SOUND so I'll keep singing.. 

https://www.facebook.com/donate/1852835268166944/

Absolutely keep singing to her Guy.  Big hugs to you and your family xx

Hi Lucy - it is hard isn't it - and a bit weird cos I am also really happy for all those who did get lucky - lots of gin required and am going to see Elvana on Friday night in Liverpool which should cheer me up a bit!

Guy lots of hugs to you and yours and definitely keep singing to Eliza. Dizzy - great news re your son, so pleased he seems to be really progressing.  Peace and cherry bakewell to the rest of you lovely lot.

So - even though I am absolutely SURE that I will get tickets in the resale - am thinking about potential alternatives/additions next year - didn't manage any festivals this year and it has been rubbish.  So just in case we don't get lucky in April, what would you lot recommend?  Can't manage overseas fests - boomtown looks amazing but not really my music and might be a bit too much.  Was thinking Bearded Theory/Green Man/Kendal Calling - pros/cons from those who have been and when are they likely to sell out as don't think I can manage the big G (WHEN we get our tickets) and another due to holidays/kids etc and don't want to buy another ticket until after the resales in case I am tempting the ticket gods not to let me get lucky in the resale?

7 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

So - even though I am absolutely SURE that I will get tickets in the resale - am thinking about potential alternatives/additions next year - didn't manage any festivals this year and it has been rubbish.  So just in case we don't get lucky in April, what would you lot recommend?  Can't manage overseas fests - boomtown looks amazing but not really my music and might be a bit too much.  Was thinking Bearded Theory/Green Man/Kendal Calling - pros/cons from those who have been and when are they likely to sell out as don't think I can manage the big G (WHEN we get our tickets) and another due to holidays/kids etc and don't want to buy another ticket until after the resales in case I am tempting the ticket gods not to let me get lucky in the resale?

With other festivals you can wait until the line ups are announced, so there's no rush. I did Green Man and End of the Road this year and enjoyed both immensely. They are both much smaller than Glasto (but everything is) but have a similar sort of vibe to them. There's much less by the way of late night shenanigans, Green Man goes on until about 4.00, EotR until about 2.30.  Green Man is most likely to sell out first, as it seems to have a very loyal following, but not until well after April. Bearded Theory might be trickier as it's only 3 weeks after the probable resale date.

33 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

I gave Beautiful Days a go this year, and it certainly scratched a good part of my Glasto itch.  I found it to have a very similar vibe to the Avalon / Acoustic / T&C areas of Glasto, but like the other options it's significantly smaller!  I didn't buy my tickets until May so it's really unlikely you'll need to buy them before resale day.

Pros: Very laid back atmosphere, very kid friendly (if that's your thing) without being sanitised, good bars (including some amazing cocktails :P) and good food options. Small but relaxed healing field type set up at the top of the hill with the Tiny Tea Tent for chilling out. Silent Disco until 2am ish. Take your own booze on site, and all enclosed so no separation of camping and arena. Small theatre tent and some walkabout stuff for something different, plus some old school fairground games. Small enough to walk between stages in about 5 minutes so you get to see loads. Crowds really not too bad either, so no crushes or bottlenecks.

Cons: Bit of a trek from Liverpool, but not much further than Glasto TBH.  Musical choice is a wee bit limited; if you don't like fiddles and guitars you might find a few dead patches in the schedule.  Also limited if you're there for dance music. Not much going on beyond the main stages at night other than some jukebox type DJs in the main bars. Size can be against it, as there's not enough going on for you to keep hunting for new stuff.

It was my brother's first proper festival other than Download, and he absolutely loved it.  It's definitely one I would happily go to again, and was on my radar if ticket gods didn't smile on me.  At the same time it wasn't amazing enough for me to make it my definite number 2 option, so I would also have been looking at something like BT or Green Man.

I'd suggest keeping an eye on the lineup announcements before making a call on it.  I was lucky as I didn't really have any dead space in the schedule, but if you ended up with a weekend of not much catching your eye it might drag a bit by the end.

eek - Perhaps not BT then as not sure I could get time off at short notice plus someone to look after the kids - hadn't realised it was so early.  Green Man looks tempting - liked the line up this year and have heard it has some of the Glastonbury vibe - am ok with less late night stuff - can usually only manage until around 3ish anyway -getting old!

1 hour ago, noplacelikehome said:

Hi Lucy - it is hard isn't it - and a bit weird cos I am also really happy for all those who did get lucky - lots of gin required and am going to see Elvana on Friday night in Liverpool which should cheer me up a bit!

Guy lots of hugs to you and yours and definitely keep singing to Eliza. Dizzy - great news re your son, so pleased he seems to be really progressing.  Peace and cherry bakewell to the rest of you lovely lot.

It's really horrible! I'm the same, happy for people but sad for me! 

I'm seeing Elvana next week, love them!! 

Page 2!! @Quark - amazed you managed to get your finbarr in before Gumby appeared - top work fella.

Lucy - love Elvana - so much fun - spoke to them after we saw them at Camp Bestival and told them they need to get on Williams Green would be a perfect Thursday night act - perhaps we should start a campaign???

23 hours ago, noplacelikehome said:

eek - Perhaps not BT then as not sure I could get time off at short notice plus someone to look after the kids - hadn't realised it was so early.  Green Man looks tempting - liked the line up this year and have heard it has some of the Glastonbury vibe - am ok with less late night stuff - can usually only manage until around 3ish anyway -getting old!

Dotty as you are more than aware, I did 7 this year and BT was by far my favourite!! It’s the last weekend of May and it’s a bank holiday weekend so really you would only need to get the Friday off work. It opens on Thursday morning at 9am and gates close for newcomers at 9pm. There won’t be much music next year on the Thursday either. It will sell out as they’ve reduced capacity to 8,500. If you can afford to do both BT and Glasto then I would recommend it. I’m booked for Incider, Bearded Theory, Glastonbury and Kendal Calling so far. Hoping for Beautiful days, Boomtown and the big fake festival. I also need to find something to replace Bestival! 

I’ve started on next years purchases ?

A823AA37-126B-44DF-9AEE-F16F95B18A99.jpeg

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Dotty as you are more than aware, I did 7 this year and BT was by far my favourite!! It’s the last weekend of May and it’s a bank holiday weekend so really you would only need to get the Friday off work. It opens on Thursday morning at 9am and gates close for newcomers at 9pm. There won’t be much music next year on the Thursday either. It will sell out as they’ve reduced capacity to 8,500. If you can afford to do both BT and Glasto then I would recommend it. I’m booked for Incider, Bearded Theory, Glastonbury and Kendal Calling so far. Hoping for Beautiful days, Boomtown and the big fake festival. I also need to find something to replace Bestival! 

The lead singer of Rhythm of the 90s is often seen in the very same furry get up! 

I think Glastonbury will be my only festival next year, I don't think I can get away with more with the kids. Year after I'd be tempted to try a few little ones with my eldest though.

7 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Never mind the sparkly get up, have you started on the Bakewell Tart vodka?

On 10/9/2018 at 5:40 PM, noplacelikehome said:

Page 2!! @Quark - amazed you managed to get your finbarr in before Gumby appeared - top work fella.

Lucy - love Elvana - so much fun - spoke to them after we saw them at Camp Bestival and told them they need to get on Williams Green would be a perfect Thursday night act - perhaps we should start a campaign???

Yes!! That and a ticket will do me! :) 

Dudes! Bottom of page two!! 

I made a sacrifice today, I got the bus to work and was fighting with my brolly and my rollie in the wind and I got a wet leg and and my hair has gone very rogue! Still, it made me smile to think that I might be helping in a small way. I hope the Weather Gods tell the Ticket Gods and they help me in the resale!! 

Have a great weekend everyone :) 

• Upvote 1