NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

13 hours ago, sheffieldlady said:

So, I've had quite the radio silence. But, I'm back! And feeling a bit sick about getting tickets. I was sure I'd feel OK about potentially not going, apparently that was a lie! 
Also - 100% done my good deed with the weather gods. Got married in the desert, it rained! (The chances on that happening is slim!)

Congratulation and thanks for your sacrifice! :D

12 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

yeah, not that i want to go by coach, i just want to get my eye in, so to speak.

Are you going to try yeti?

I actually don't mind going by coach. Well, it's easier for me coming from Ireland. Can see why people based in the UK won't want to go by coach. Seem to remember seeing somewhere a few years back that someone in the S-W region booked a coach ticket from somewhere in Scotland. That's dedication! :sarcastic:

20 minutes ago, pentura said:

Are you going to try yeti?

I actually don't mind going by coach. Well, it's easier for me coming from Ireland. Can see why people based in the UK won't want to go by coach. Seem to remember seeing somewhere a few years back that someone in the S-W region booked a coach ticket from somewhere in Scotland. That's dedication! :sarcastic:

I'll be on duty for others that want to travel that way.  We've recently bought a caravan so are aiming to take that with us next year.  

I've heard similar stories about people travelling far from home to get a coach.  It kinda negates the environmental aspect, but needs must I suppose!

3 hours ago, pentura said:

Is anyone trying for coach on Thursday?

Getting nervous!! :O

I was going to but I can't now. I'm not sure if I can go down on the Wednesday or the Thursday due to work/family commitments... so I'm only trying the general sale as I don't want to book a coach I mightnt be on!

Good luck all.

I’m trying for coach... I prefer coach, but if I don’t get them I’ll obvs try for general and probably get a National express. Pretty much bricking it. Read the ticket buying tips thread from start to finish and it’s stressed me out!! (Even more than I thought I was haha). I’m a bit stupid when It comes to technology. 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

I’m trying for coach... I prefer coach, but if I don’t get them I’ll obvs try for general and probably get a National express. Pretty much bricking it. Read the ticket buying tips thread from start to finish and it’s stressed me out!! (Even more than I thought I was haha). I’m a bit stupid when It comes to technology. 

Ha ha! I know how you feel CG! 

I know enough about computers to get me through ticket day, seeing posts about going through secret servers and routers and all sorts of stuff - that's my queue to leave! 

I always find the coach sales are easier than the main sales - even though there's less tickets, I'm assuming the ratio of those trying versus the number of tickets available is considerably less than the main sales?

Hi people, I thought I'd pop back in and see if you are all still here?!  And you are.

It's been an odd busy year, and I'm still not sure if I'm going to make next year (bulging disc in my back means that I might not be able to do the walking/lifting required).  But, I'm going to try for tickets and help others Thursday and Sunday.

So, yes, hi there.

6 hours ago, jeffie said:

Hi people, I thought I'd pop back in and see if you are all still here?!  And you are.

It's been an odd busy year, and I'm still not sure if I'm going to make next year (bulging disc in my back means that I might not be able to do the walking/lifting required).  But, I'm going to try for tickets and help others Thursday and Sunday.

So, yes, hi there.

?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jeffie said:

So, yes, hi there.

Hello Jeffie, nice to see you

• Like 1

Hi jeffie good to see you - bad news re your back - you MUST be there next year! Good thread on back pain on here today - hope you get it sorted. Good luck to all coachers today, trying for our very own CG - on my phone unfortunately as in london for work so not holding out much hope. Hope all you other lovely people are well and happy and not having too many t day nightmares xxx

• Like 1

Good luck to all tonight for those trying!

Reading the ticket tips thread and I have a headache about this talk of limited refreshes. Maybe we're looking to much into it!

Will post back tonight with an update on our group! 

Hi, all thought i`d just pop in and wish you all good luck tonight and Sunday :)  I was at Something Else (not) In the Dean last weekend and without knowing it (until the Sunday) I was camped next to Yogurt  on a Stick  he was with a friend of a friend sort of thing. I`m taking that as a good omen for Sunday :)

Don`t forget NFRNFC

• Like 1

Hey gang. I’m bricking it. I have arrived in gainsborough and will be going to Tday Hq at 4pm to set up. @pentura that limited refresh thing per IP address is quite worrying. I had 4 laptops all on the same IP address last year and got through a few times with refreshing every second. So is this a new thing that parson geezer has discovered as he says he tried it a few days back? 

4 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Hey gang. I’m bricking it. I have arrived in gainsborough and will be going to Tday Hq at 4pm to set up. @pentura that limited refresh thing per IP address is quite worrying. I had 4 laptops all on the same IP address last year and got through a few times with refreshing every second. So is this a new thing that parson geezer has discovered as he says he tried it a few days back? 

shouldn't worry ... everyone does it ... so if thats the case the ticket sale will last hours or days :) dont know many people that dont use multiple devices these days ... although now im going to get lots of people saying otherwise :) 

11 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Yep it seems quite worrying indeed!! 

Apparently it was in place for the 2017 sales to stop people using auto-refresh apps and blocking up the traffic to the page. That point is fair enough but I would have See can just set up something to block any apps that would do that.

Apparently parsonjack and a few other tested it out today and it seems it does freeze the window if done a certain amount of times or too many times within 60 seconds. Obviously there's minimal traffic on that page now but as we all know, the pages can load really slowly come 6pm tonight or 9am Sunday, so going at the F5 button like a mad person seems ridiculous when the page you have just refreshed, hasn't fully loaded yet. You could get to the booking page several times and end up at the back of the queue because you've been prematurely refreshing!

I'll be refreshing as each page has fully loaded (or else stops loading completely). Never had issues with it before, except in 2017. Although I wasn't aware of any refreshing limits then and I don't remember if we were frozen out at the time

Good luck either way! Seems we may need it!!

Edited by pentura

Currently I have my PDF setup with all our details ready for copy & paste. The old man has a copy of this.

The funds are ready to go in two accounts (mine & the old man's).

I have the old man's wifi details ready for inputting the minute I arrive - don't think I'm connected to his but best to be prepared

LET'S DO THIS!!

6 minutes ago, pentura said:

Yep it seems quite worrying indeed!! 

Apparently it was in place for the 2017 sales to stop people using auto-refresh apps and blocking up the traffic to the page. That point is fair enough but I would have See can just set up something to block any apps that would do that.

Apparently parsonjack and a few other tested it out today and it seems it does freeze the window if done a certain amount of times or too many times within 60 seconds. Obviously there's minimal traffic on that page now but as we all know, the pages can load really slowly come 6pm tonight or 9am Sunday, so going at the F5 button like a mad person seems ridiculous when the page you have just refreshed, hasn't fully loaded yet. You could get to the booking page several times and end up at the back of the queue because you've been prematurely refreshing!

I'll be refreshing as each page has fully loaded (or lack thereof). Never had issues with it before, except in 2017. Although I wasn't aware of any refreshing limits then and I don't remember if we were frozen out at the time

Good luck either way! Seem we may need it!!

But does been frozen out mean the white page? Or back to the holding page? I’ve been on both in 2016 sale, and still managed to get tickets for groups? I think I’ll rig up the laptops to 4g just incase and have 2 on WiFi refreshing every 2seconds just to be safe 

3 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

But does been frozen out mean the white page? Or back to the holding page? I’ve been on both in 2016 sale, and still managed to get tickets for groups? I think I’ll rig up the laptops to 4g just incase and have 2 on WiFi refreshing every 2seconds just to be safe 

Yeah think that's the one. Seen it being referred to as the 'white screen of death' - pretty apt!

How many laptops / people have you got trying tonight? Its only 2 with us and I might try on my phone but may not get anywhere on that, too small of a screen!