NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Boomtown was OK.. I thought it was going to be a nightmare but it was alot better than I expected.. Put it this way I will not go down to the SE corner nowadays cos of the crush but there was lots of space at boom as Long as you don't go to the front.. 

The amount of work that goes into the stages is amazing makes SE corner look like stuff that's been left behind or didn't make the boom grade 

Security was okish had a run in with one lot but the rest were great. And even got to meet up with some old efester friends and glasto friends so cool. 

Funny enough the site is nowhere near as big as Glastonbury but after only 3 days my legs were fucked 

I'm not telling anyone but I'll be going next year...... 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I dunno about Boomtown, just looks a bit too manic for me! Anywhere that doesn't have the equivalent of healing fields and a tiny tea tent probably isn't for me :lol:

It actually does have an equivalent to the green fields, called Whistlers Green, albeit it maybe feels like a token effort. Unfortunately it's tucked away at the top of yet another bloody hill and so not somewhere you're likely to visit that often.

Despite the hills I did like Boomtown. I would certainly recommend everyone goes once, just to see it - as just about everyone says the thought and attention to detail that goes into it is incredible and it's worth a visit for that alone. However the downside is that overall it's at least as much effort/hassle as Glastonbury can be, but (depending on personal taste of course) generally less to justify it and with far more dickish behaviour in the crowd - it's definitely not one I'd look at doing annually, but will most likely go back in 4-5 years to see what's changed or maybe sooner if there's something new or a cracking lineup that I want to see.

16 minutes ago, incident said:

it's definitely not one I'd look at doing annually, but will most likely go back in 4-5 years to see what's changed or maybe sooner if there's something new or a cracking lineup that I want to see.

Agreed. Maybe just a filler for fallow years.

Sat in field just about to go and do shrooms and find a white stage that's been seen wandering around the place. Seen loads of deer already 

We're here cos it's the last place we had vedder with us so morning my best mate and faithful dog.. 

Peace and love to you all have a fine weekend. G

6 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Sat in field just about to go and do shrooms and find a white stage that's been seen wandering around the place. Seen loads of deer already 

We're here cos it's the last place we had vedder with us so morning my best mate and faithful dog.. 

Peace and love to you all have a fine weekend. G

Keep yourself in one piece old son x

Hello lovelies, hope you are all well.  Do look after yourself @guypjfreak@vintagelaureate wonderful news about your daughter's progress.  Godiva this weekend is our last festival of the year. Boo.  And T day nerves are growing - it feels as if I can't remember how to do it after a 2 year gap ?

New school year starts on Wednesday, and so far youngest seems ok about it.  Not wishing to be insufferable mum, but he got his AS results a couple of weeks ago... and got 4 A grades!!!! 

:victory::party:

Edited by dizzymoo
  • Upvote 3

On 29 August 2018 at 11:42 AM, Quark said:

I dunno about Boomtown, just looks a bit too manic for me! Anywhere that doesn't have the equivalent of healing fields and a tiny tea tent probably isn't for me :lol:

You should come next year! It isn't as hectic as it looks, as Guy said just don't go right in the crowd. It was my secret no this year and so much better than last year, would be more than happy to have you camp with us if you're on a solo mission! :) 

Its not Glastonbury, obvs, but as a second festival is is great!

Thanks, and congratulations on your son's results @dizzymoo

@Quark - Boomtown is definitely an experience, you should go at least once just to see the production values if nothing else! 

I'm in a bit of a Glastonbury (if I get tickets - eek) conundrum at the moment - logistically I don't think I can leave the North West till mid morning Thursday (work/childcare), which straight away rules me out of the coach sale. My friends will all travel down and set up on the Wednesday, but then I have a horrendous drive back on my own late night Sunday if that's the case. I will also be gutted not to be there Wednesday too, but I just don't think I can swing it this time! 

Edited by vintagelaureate

Thanks old sons.. 

Well we left the camper around 2 with a bottle of vodka and a rucksack sack of cider and into the woods we went.. Looking for a white stag 

What could go wrong ah 

Well all was fine we did shrooms as intended and drank the vodka. Then as I was enjoying the shrooms and there were a few left I thought hey ho 

Well we found the stag infact we found a field of stags pics to come. Then on way back we got a little lost... As you do.... Then 

I missed a bit of ground leading down to a stream.. Well it was a bit dark. That was my knee done properly this time.. Wife had to help me out but I'd turned into a wibberly wobbly and kept going over 

Well we got back and I'm know sitting with my leg up in agony... Honestly you couldn't make it up and you'd have to be a twat to make it up. 

So not feeling to good and then wife who has a thing on her phone that tells you how far you've gone....... No it's not a proper thing that can show you exactly where you are cos she installed the wrong app thing......... But it does tell you how far you went.... 3 and a half fucking miles.. I shit you not.. 

Bloody nightmare 

Hospital it is then when I get back.. Should have done that when I fell of the groyne a week ago..

Take care every one 

G

2 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Thanks old sons.. 

Well we left the camper around 2 with a bottle of vodka and a rucksack sack of cider and into the woods we went.. Looking for a white stag 

What could go wrong ah 

Well all was fine we did shrooms as intended and drank the vodka. Then as I was enjoying the shrooms and there were a few left I thought hey ho 

Well we found the stag infact we found a field of stags pics to come. Then on way back we got a little lost... As you do.... Then 

I missed a bit of ground leading down to a stream.. Well it was a bit dark. That was my knee done properly this time.. Wife had to help me out but I'd turned into a wibberly wobbly and kept going over 

Well we got back and I'm know sitting with my leg up in agony... Honestly you couldn't make it up and you'd have to be a twat to make it up. 

So not feeling to good and then wife who has a thing on her phone that tells you how far you've gone....... No it's not a proper thing that can show you exactly where you are cos she installed the wrong app thing......... But it does tell you how far you went.... 3 and a half fucking miles.. I shit you not.. 

Bloody nightmare 

Hospital it is then when I get back.. Should have done that when I fell of the groyne a week ago..

Take care every one 

G

You've definitely got it in for yourself you have guy? There would (possibly!) be a school of thought that would claim that you've actually taken a hitman contract out on your very self. 

Hope you heal sooner, rather than later. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

You've definitely got it in for yourself you have guy? There would (possibly!) be a school of thought that would claim that you've actually taken a hitman contract out on your very self. 

Hope you heal sooner, rather than later. 

Yea this one was called Mr vokdasroom horrible bugger and his timing is shit.. I Sat with knee up all yesterday went through 3 panic attacks but although in pain feel better today. It's the first time I have Sat by my camper all day EVER... 

Off home later today but have to go and look for a monocular that I've lost but it's 23D light so can go with out rucksack etc and take it slow

Then it's back to babylon 

Peace and tea. G

IMG_20180902_110216.jpg

IMG_20180902_110627.jpg

IMG_20180902_111535.jpg

IMG_20180902_112004.jpg

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Upvote 2