NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Ah mate that's sad times. Never an easy choice to make, but if you think you're doing the best thing then you are.

Yea but I don't know.. I could keep him for a while longer till boom but is that right.. And if you are wondering why then it's cos we have a very good friend who will look after him for a few days while we are at camp bestival.. THEN WE CAN HAVE an extra couple of weeks but is that fair. I DON'T FUCKING KNOW and it's horrible.. 

I'm on nearly 40 tablets a day and now he's on the same bloody ones.. Not as many tho.. Apparently when the wife went in to the vet today for more cos we were running out he said he would not be able to give any more after Tuesday.. Cos all we are doing is sedating him... I must be a walking vombie lol.. 

2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea but I don't know.. I could keep him for a while longer till boom but is that right.. And if you are wondering why then it's cos we have a very good friend who will look after him for a few days while we are at camp bestival.. THEN WE CAN HAVE an extra couple of weeks but is that fair. I DON'T FUCKING KNOW and it's horrible.. 

I'm on nearly 40 tablets a day and now he's on the same bloody ones.. Not as many tho.. Apparently when the wife went in to the vet today for more cos we were running out he said he would not be able to give any more after Tuesday.. Cos all we are doing is sedating him... I must be a walking vombie lol.. 

Hello guy,

Sorry to hear about your dog dilemma. I had to be with my parents when our family dog was put to sleep. It's an event that I'll never forget, but not one that there are any regrets about. The poor chap was in pain. Pain that was never going to be relieved. I know, for certain, that I'd want somebody noble to put me down if that were the case with me myself. Time to be brave. Not for your sake, but for the sake of your doggie. 

Well, that's my opinion, anyway.

All the best mate.

8 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

I guess it just comes to a point when you have to ask if you want them to keep going for them, or for yourself. It's horrible either way.

Much love dude

22 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I’ve just been on the Latitude thread FF. lots of complaints on there but not one about chairs ? Seemed quite a civilised affair and not as friendly as what we’re used too, perfect if in a group but I certainly wouldn’t go to that one alone. 

Ha ha , I think I struck it unlucky with the baracade chair groups lol. Seriously it was a lovely lovely festival , very civilised, but lots of fun too.  Lake swimming was awesome, the site is stunning, it’s chilled, plenty of random stuff to keep you smiling, food was good. Beer not , we tried to make random conversation and it was tough .... not saying all the time just people were more closed off for sure. Although we had some great random nights at guilt y pleasures and buttoned down discos ... yeah on reflection I would so go by myself for sure 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Of to my sons festival with my dog Eddie Vedder but it may be his last one. Booked into the vets Tues.. 

Trouble is I think I'm killing him but I'm not. It's horrible. 

I’m so sorry to hear this Guy, but make his last weekend the best mate. It took me 6 months to make the decision for my pooch... I know exactly how you’re feeling right now sweet. If we could do it to end the suffering of humans, we would. You’re being kind to Eddie. Much love x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Ha ha , I think I struck it unlucky with the baracade chair groups lol. Seriously it was a lovely lovely festival , very civilised, but lots of fun too.  Lake swimming was awesome, the site is stunning, it’s chilled, plenty of random stuff to keep you smiling, food was good. Beer not , we tried to make random conversation and it was tough .... not saying all the time just people were more closed off for sure. Although we had some great random nights at guilt y pleasures and buttoned down discos ... yeah on reflection I would so go by myself for sure 

It does sound lovely. But I like to talk to randoms ? It is one I want to do but would need to plan like this year as it’s so far away. 

My next dilemma, I’m at Splendour tomorrow and Paloma Faith clashes with The Stranglers!!! Mum wants to see Paloma, I want to see Stranglers. Do I try to get her to do half and half or just bite the bullet and see Paloma? It’s mums first fest and I think she’s only going cos she wants to understand what I love about them. 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

It does sound lovely. But I like to talk to randoms ? It is one I want to do but would need to plan like this year as it’s so far away. 

My next dilemma, I’m at Splendour tomorrow and Paloma Faith clashes with The Stranglers!!! Mum wants to see Paloma, I want to see Stranglers. Do I try to get her to do half and half or just bite the bullet and see Paloma? It’s mums first fest and I think she’s only going cos she wants to understand what I love about them. 

Sack off the squeeky voiced bint and go see the Stranglers. Nobody should be subjected to her and less likely to have another opportunity for Stranglers. Golden brown on a sunny afternoon. No contest. (Paloma gives me rage)

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Sack off the squeeky voiced bint and go see the Stranglers. Nobody should be subjected to her and less likely to have another opportunity for Stranglers. Golden brown on a sunny afternoon. No contest. (Paloma gives me rage)

Thanks for clarifying, sounded like you were a bit on the fence until that point.

Is Cornwell playing with the Stranglers at the moment?

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Wow, I thought you were referring to Curlygirl's mom when I initially read that line. 

So did I for the first 6 words ?

so having checked the times, Stranglers finish 15 minutes after Paloma starts. So I’m going to see the first hour, miss the last 15 minutes, then see the rest of The squeaky voices bint ?

On 7/19/2018 at 1:28 PM, Quark said:

These guys sound right up your street @bennyhana22, reckon you'd have loads to talk about if you found time to stop :lol:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-44860257

It will surprise you not a jot to hear that several of my Glastonbury camping gang directed me to the article and these wonderful, wonderful people!!!!

?

Ben

So I didn’t see the Stranglers! Or embrace! We got on the barrier for Sophie Ellis bexter and mum refused to move for the duration! However,,, she was happy, she danced, she clapped, jumped around, waved her arms in the air like she just didn’t care... so I’m happy that she was happy. A great day, perfect weather for my mums first festival. She loved it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Hello gang!

Singing back in after a long hiatus - didn't go in 2017 and couldn't bring myself to be on all the time. Hope you's had a good'un!

Looking forward to next year! Provided the weather gods are good to us in October.......better start training the F5 finger!

10 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Good morning @pentura and welcome back!! I’ve been praying to the ticket gods daily, TDay nerves are already upon us! 

I'll be saying a daily penance from now until October! ?

Can't imagine not getting a ticket for next year, it'll be devastating!!

2 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Stay positive @pentura, can't comprehend not getting tickets at the moment! ?

I know mate, I NEED to go this year. It'll have been 3 years since 2016 so I will make sure I'm there! 

Gonna get all the registrations in order soon. Will be going for coach tickets on the Thursday and normal tickets on the Sunday! 

1 hour ago, pentura said:

I know mate, I NEED to go this year. It'll have been 3 years since 2016 so I will make sure I'm there! 

Gonna get all the registrations in order soon. Will be going for coach tickets on the Thursday and normal tickets on the Sunday! 

How many is in your group? 

28 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

How many is in your group? 

About 15 in total and seems to be increasing year on year. Too many to go into a pool with other efesters unfortunately! Although we are normally good at getting tickets sorted for everyone, by the time the re-sales came around last year numbers had dropped dramatically and other plans got in the way sadly. 

2019 is the year, I can feel it in my waters!! 

22 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Hullo Pentura, welcome back dude :) 

All's well I hope?

All is good with me Yeti! Will be slowly getting back into the spirit of G now I'm back on here! 

Any scoop with you? 

4 minutes ago, pentura said:

All is good with me Yeti! Will be slowly getting back into the spirit of G now I'm back on here! 

Any scoop with you? 

Hey love, good to see ya round these here parts. When were you last here, hard to give ye scoop without a time frame. Shits been going down. 

3 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Hey love, good to see ya round these here parts. When were you last here, hard to give ye scoop without a time frame. Shits been going down. 

Back again for another 8 - 9 months of babbling to keep us busy while we wait for the festival! Hope everything is gravy with you HMV! 

Must be near 2 years! Couldn't bring myself to be active during 2017 ?