NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

2 hours ago, mr gumby said:

It's got some great music on too, should brighten up a chilly winter weekend! :)

FB_IMG_1531476935195.thumb.jpg.4ec931cdd834fce17daa696e49cb1ae3.jpg

I recognise Ferocious Dog, but haven't actually listened to them, but maybe have! I think someone may have posted a bit of footage of them recently, but think that I didn't connect with it - as in, at all. I don't think it was the music, more my inability to connect with anything around that time.

Talking of connections;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e54m6XOpRgU

Hey guys. Had a busy weekend. Working as well as partying makes for a very tired Curlygirl. Tomorrow I finish work at 5pm ish and I fully intend an early boring night ?

im already so excited for next year, even tho this year isn’t done!! Fricking love fest buddies. So excited to see you all again! Much love and NFR x

I've just come back in from having been blowing candles out in the back garden. To cut a long story short, I walked full on in to the spikey end of a branch, which proceeded the give me a right old jab to the nose area. It currently feels on fire, in that general area. That'll teach me not to wear appropriate PPE when putting out candles in the dark.

Hope that everyone on here is fairing better.

On 7/17/2018 at 9:07 AM, guypjfreak said:

I ho I ho it's off to see pearl jam I go.. 

How was it dude?  I had a very late offer of a ticket but couldn't swing it at short notice :(

13 hours ago, MilkyJoe said:

Evening good people!? ages and ages since I’ve been on here! Hope all is well in Nfr land and you’re all enjoying the summer.

I need some new music recommending, who knows something??

Hello bud.  Loads of good stuff been coming out this year, what sort of thing you after?

4 hours ago, Quark said:

How was it dude?  I had a very late offer of a ticket but couldn't swing it at short notice :(

Hello bud.  Loads of good stuff been coming out this year, what sort of thing you after?

Anything goes to be honest mate, I’m not really a music snob so prepared to give anything a listen and if I like it I like it.?

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

Hello all

I'm back from my festival jaunts - after going to Latitide over the weekend - my first time - it was an 'enjoyable' Glastonbury substitute, and had good points and not so great .... I never ever want to see another camping chair or picnic blanket in my whole life !

So avoiding the Pyramid field next year then FF? :lol:

Just now, MilkyJoe said:

Anything goes to be honest mate, I’m not really a music snob so prepared to give anything a listen and if I like it I like it.?

Fair enough. My favourites so far this year:

Mono Club - Sky High and Submarine 

The Magic Gang - The Magic Gang

Manic Street Preachers - Resistance is Futile

Jon Hopkins - Singularity

Rolling Blackouts CF - Hope Downs

Gorillaz - The Now Now

Parquet Courts - Wide Awake!

Spencer Brown - Illusion of Perfection

First Aid Kit - Ruins

Hopefully be something in there you like!

6 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

?There must be a story behind that?

Not too many stories MJ,  it was just full of people with camping chairs (of all varieties , on the floor kind of lean against ones,  normal  chairs inflatable sofas' or picnic blanket - it was like DFS for festivals  ) - and groups of people barracading themselves into their patch using their empty chairs and setting up camp- now most of the time no bother and walk around, but when the stage was busy and they were infront of the sound booths and near the front  etc they were a pain in the backside .....

7 minutes ago, MrHew said:

That's a proper decent line up! :) I'm going to have a chat to MrsHew and see if she fancies it.

Lots on there I don't know, but thumbs up for Gaz Brookfield, Ferocious Dog and BoT.  And I absolutely adore Skinny Lister live. Love love love. Dragging my brother to watch them at Beautiful Days, not giving him a say in the matter.

It's only when you see a band live and the connection they have with there fans and their band members that you really realise just how fucking amazing and true they are. 

Pearl jam are with out doubt one of the greatest bands ever in the world. It was an incredible gig.. The only thing that I didn't like was the the O2 but hey ho. 

The wife has just seen a post on glasto chat I think.. Apparently Mr Eavis was at the PJ gig last night... Oooo can I dream 

Here's a run down of the gig from Mr D who's been to every gig they have played.. I'm a pearl jam freak but Mr D is like a pearl jam living encyclopedia. 

https://m.facebook.com/dimitris.pearljam/posts/10216375398914948

Edited by guypjfreak

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

@MilkyJoe check out:

Confidence Man - Confident Music for Confident People 

Goat Girl - Goat Girl 

Janelle Monaé - Dirty Computer

I saw Goat Girl a couple of months ago supporting British Sea Power, so probably not their core audience, and they were really good. I'll be looking out for them at Green Man (probably would have been a better post in that thread!)

Edited by Losing my hair
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Quark said:

So avoiding the Pyramid field next year then FF? :lol:

Fair enough. My favourites so far this year:

Mono Club - Sky High and Submarine 

The Magic Gang - The Magic Gang

Manic Street Preachers - Resistance is Futile

Jon Hopkins - Singularity

Rolling Blackouts CF - Hope Downs

Gorillaz - The Now Now

Parquet Courts - Wide Awake!

Spencer Brown - Illusion of Perfection

First Aid Kit - Ruins

Hopefully be something in there you like!

Thanks for the suggestions Quark, got the manics and gorrilaz but I’ll give some of the others a listen.?

8 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Not too many stories MJ,  it was just full of people with camping chairs (of all varieties , on the floor kind of lean against ones,  normal  chairs inflatable sofas' or picnic blanket - it was like DFS for festivals  ) - and groups of people barracading themselves into their patch using their empty chairs and setting up camp- now most of the time no bother and walk around, but when the stage was busy and they were infront of the sound booths and near the front  etc they were a pain in the backside .....

Ahh I’m with you now, I thought you were meaning round the campsites. Sounds like a bit of a nightmare!?

4 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

@MilkyJoe check out:

Confidence Man - Confident Music for Confident People 

Goat Girl - Goat Girl 

Janelle Monaé - Dirty Computer

Thank you vintage, ?I’ll give them a try.

20 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

I’ve just been on the Latitude thread FF. lots of complaints on there but not one about chairs ? Seemed quite a civilised affair and not as friendly as what we’re used too, perfect if in a group but I certainly wouldn’t go to that one alone. 

22 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Of to my sons festival with my dog Eddie Vedder but it may be his last one. Booked into the vets Tues.. 

Trouble is I think I'm killing him but I'm not. It's horrible. 

Ah mate that's sad times. Never an easy choice to make, but if you think you're doing the best thing then you are.