NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Evening all ... hope everyones still enjoying the warm weather ( I am , well maybe until tomorrow when I start helping doing some window cleaning to keep me going for a while :) ) any football fans on this thread ? whats everyone doing for tomorrow night? we have decided on a different venue to the other matches and are watching it at the local county cricket ground so hoping this doesn't bring bad luck ... and in true Crazyfool style ive spent a few hours today doing a waistcoat for the event :) which I will probably mix with a bit of facepaint as a few friends are bringing kids along to the match :) 

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

I'm a football fan @crazyfool1 but I'm not an avid follower of the national team. I'll be watching tomorrow though but not to your patriotic lengths. ? You're never one to miss an occasion though! 

I dont have a patriotic bone in my body usually ... but somehow ive been caught up in this world cup fever ... not sure whats happened !!!

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I dont have a patriotic bone in my body usually ... but somehow ive been caught up in this world cup fever ... not sure whats happened !!!

It's because... and I whisper it... it's coming home!

Or so the masses are saying.

• Upvote 1

Waistcoat Wednesday! Love it!! 

Hello all, apologies for being so absent recently. Did I miss much? 

I went to Hyde Park on Saturday to see The Cure. I've wanted to see them since I was 14 but for one reason or another, never managed it. As you can imagine, I was a bit of an emotional mess for some of it, and definitely afterwards. In a good way! I think I'm done now. If I never see a band again I'll die happy. Such an amazing set. 

On 7/7/2018 at 11:48 PM, vintagelaureate said:

Also @Curlygirl and @guypjfreak are you still going to Boomtown? I'm sad that @Yoghurt on a Stick can't make it but hoping to catch you! Is anyone else who frequents this thread going? 

Enjoy the rest of the glorious weather this weekend!

I'm Boomtowning!!! :)

25 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Waistcoat Wednesday! Love it!! 

Hello all, apologies for being so absent recently. Did I miss much? 

I went to Hyde Park on Saturday to see The Cure. I've wanted to see them since I was 14 but for one reason or another, never managed it. As you can imagine, I was a bit of an emotional mess for some of it, and definitely afterwards. In a good way! I think I'm done now. If I never see a band again I'll die happy. Such an amazing set. 

My neighbour went to that.  First thing he said to me when I saw him on Sunday was "you missed out". Git.

Glad you enjoyed Lucy!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

My neighbour went to that.  First thing he said to me when I saw him on Sunday was "you missed out". Git.

Glad you enjoyed Lucy!

Honestly Quark, it was the best. I thought my life was complete when I saw Morrissey the first time, but this is actually it! Sorry you missed it :(

Still having moments about it! That might never stop! 

Right lads and ladies, I know we're not all football fans on here but...

My nerves are approaching T-Day levels, and it's been a good while since football has had that effect on me.  Unlike T-Day though, there's nothing I can do about it.  I'm not sure if that makes things better or worse ?

Beer open, TV on, hope for the best!

AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

I don't follow football, or any other sport for that matter, but every so now and again I allow the football World Cup to get to me. I let it get to me earlier tonight. I went to a pub where me and the misses...….. oh bollocks to all that... we lost again. Not me and the misses - England. FFS, how on earth do you people who follow league teams deal with it!? I'm not getting involved for about another 8 years. Fuck that for a game of soldiers. 

Sadly @vintagelaureate I won’t be frequenting the festival of Boomtown... the cheeky beggars only went and changed the date and I have plans, so I’m going to Bestival instead.

@crazyfool1 it was obviously all your fault we didn’t make it! A change of venue certainly puts the scupper on things! Stick to good old habits mate ?. I drove home at literally 100mph then ran 1.5 miles to the big screen in our village to catch the end of the first half. I was the last out of the field, long after they’d turned the screens off, crying into my Glasto pint pot. 

@lucyginger I love that you loved the cure. A few of my friends were there and they all had a bloody good time. It’s wonderful to still have the feels days and weeks after a gig. Oh... gin... I got Bombay sapphire. Is that ok? 

12 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

@lucyginger I love that you loved the cure. A few of my friends were there and they all had a bloody good time. It’s wonderful to still have the feels days and weeks after a gig. Oh... gin... I got Bombay sapphire. Is that ok? 

It was amazing! I really am still emotional about it!! 

Bombay Sapphire is great, thanks! Looking forward to seeing you! 

Evening all :)

it's been a while, sorry about that. Hope everyone's doing well. Today I waterproofed our new(ish) tent, ready for camping in August, and booked a ticket for the In Cider festival at Pontin's in Weston super mare in Feb, along with (hopefully) the lovely @Curlygirl among others others :)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

Evening all :)

it's been a while, sorry about that. Hope everyone's doing well. Today I waterproofed our new(ish) tent, ready for camping in August, and booked a ticket for the In Cider festival at Pontin's in Weston super mare in Feb, along with (hopefully) the lovely @Curlygirl among others others :)

I’m on it Gumballs ?

A cider festival at Pontin's in Weston Super Mare - in February!!! What could possibly go wrong with that heady combination!? Wow, would I like to be a fly on the wall at that one! Sounds great. In fact, greater than great. 

To quote our Morrissey, what aret'n turmoil ' Caligula would have blushed '.

Happy, happy everyone. :)

12 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

A cider festival at Pontin's in Weston Super Mare - in February!!! What could possibly go wrong with that heady combination!? Wow, would I like to be a fly on the wall at that one! Sounds great. In fact, greater than great. 

To quote our Morrissey, what aret'n turmoil ' Caligula would have blushed '.

Happy, happy everyone. :)

It's got some great music on too, should brighten up a chilly winter weekend! :)

FB_IMG_1531476935195.thumb.jpg.4ec931cdd834fce17daa696e49cb1ae3.jpg

12 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

It's got some great music on too, should brighten up a chilly winter weekend! :)

FB_IMG_1531476935195.thumb.jpg.4ec931cdd834fce17daa696e49cb1ae3.jpg

Gonna have to make myself a playlist for this!! Wendy and I are booked up... can’t bloody wait! Every year I say I’m not going to do as much next year... oops ?