NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Aye, this last 4 days would have been hard work. Last week was perfect, 4 or 5 degrees cooler.

Still take both over '16 mind 

The issue is the R word. You can dodge the sun. Wrap up against the cold. Ground doesn't care, you can still sit down. The R, however, fucks everything.

3 hours ago, semmtexx said:

The issue is the R word. You can dodge the sun. Wrap up against the cold. Ground doesn't care, you can still sit down. The R, however, fucks everything.

Not being able to sit down anywhere you like at any festival is extraordinarily tiresome. Mind you, I can't stand up in pubs. Not because I'm that spannered that I'm incapable of standing up (although I have achieved that 'status' on more occasions than I care to remember), it's just that sitting down and having a chat is so much nicer, in my opinion. That said, I have met people who much prefer to stand drinking adjacent to the bar counter - weirdos! 

55 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Not being able to sit down anywhere you like at any festival is extraordinarily tiresome. Mind you, I can't stand up in pubs. Not because I'm that spannered that I'm incapable of standing up (although I have achieved that 'status' on more occasions than I care to remember), it's just that sitting down and having a chat is so much nicer, in my opinion. That said, I have met people who much prefer to stand drinking adjacent to the bar counter - weirdos! 

Really notice the not being able to sit down in '16. Everything was covered in mud.The place seemed to be continually churning over, think normally towards end of the evening you and your group can sit down and have a chill but you couldn't do that '16. Very boring!

I'm with you on sitting comfortably, I loves a seat for a chat I does. 

Edited by semmtexx

29 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Really notice the not being able to sit down in '16. Everything was covered in mud.The place seemed to be continually churning over, think normally towards end of the evening you and your group can sit down and have a chill but you couldn't do that '16. Very boring!

I'm with you on sitting comfortably, I loves a seat for a chat I does. 

I did wear some padded trousers one year which had a non porous external plastic type covering. They were great (I think I've still got them somewhere), and I could just sit down anywhere I liked, including wet mud. The only problem was that the friends that I was with didn't have the same thing, so they couldn't sit down. 

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:27 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Morning all

I have no idea why I am quoting above a blank post from Yog - sorry Yog, but I can't  get rid of it

Plus I'm on hold for ticketmaster to try to find my latittude campervan ticket (got festival tickets a week ago) - I've run three times in the last two days and held on for 25 mins plus with no answer and heard the same 3/4 songs on repeat - if they can't answer their phones please can they put more songs on the loop - I'm bored with Pink screaming 'what about us' at me

Bored bored bored bored

15 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Morning all

I have no idea why I am quoting above a blank post from Yog - sorry Yog, but I can't  get rid of it

Plus I'm on hold for ticketmaster to try to find my latittude campervan ticket (got festival tickets a week ago) - I've run three times in the last two days and held on for 25 mins plus with no answer and heard the same 3/4 songs on repeat - if they can't answer their phones please can they put more songs on the loop - I'm bored with Pink screaming 'what about us' at me

Bored bored bored bored

Hello Funkyfairy,

No worries this end. Unfortunately I have no idea why you are 'carrying' a blank quote from me around. Perhaps it's to remind you of your favourite efester! lol Have you tried right clicking to see if a delete option comes up? I'm afraid that's about the extent of my technical knowledge, and even that might never have been an option to begin with. Hopefully they'll be an adult along in a bit who can help you on this.

Good luck with the Latitude campervan ticket thingy. It's a little ironic that the Customer Service dept are playing 'what about us' on a loop system, when you are probably thinking that very thing ie. what about us, the customers.

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Funkyfairy,

No worries this end. Unfortunately I have no idea why you are 'carrying' a blank quote from me around. Perhaps it's to remind you of your favourite efester! lol Have you tried right clicking to see if a delete option comes up? I'm afraid that's about the extent of my technical knowledge, and even that might never have been an option to begin with. Hopefully they'll be an adult along in a bit who can help you on this.

Good luck with the Latitude campervan ticket thingy. It's a little ironic that the Customer Service dept are playing 'what about us' on a loop system, when you are probably thinking that very thing ie. what about us, the customers.

oooo I've got rid of the blank quote - awesome

I've got through to tm - what a frustration - van tickets printed on 2nd May no sign of them and duplicates have to be collect at box office- I asked for the tracking number --- ooo there's not one - aaaaaahhhhh - oh well it'll all come out in the wash I'm sure

Just now, Funkyfairy! said:

oooo I've got rid of the blank quote - awesome

I've got through to tm - what a frustration - van tickets printed on 2nd May no sign of them and duplicates have to be collect at box office- I asked for the tracking number --- ooo there's not one - aaaaaahhhhh - oh well it'll all come out in the wash I'm sure

Did you right click and delete?

5 hours ago, Quark said:

Not enough coffee in the world this morning gang...

I got through this morning on adrenaline I think.  Possibly I was still drunk, but that's not my fault.  No way could have gone to bed at my normal time last night, and staying up late celebrating was the appropriate thing to do.

My world cup wish came true (it's the same every time:  please England, don't be shit).  And a win on pens to boot.  Anything else now is a lovely bonus.

2 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

I got through this morning on adrenaline I think.  Possibly I was still drunk, but that's not my fault.  No way could have gone to bed at my normal time last night, and staying up late celebrating was the appropriate thing to do.

My world cup wish came true (it's the same every time:  please England, don't be shit).  And a win on pens to boot.  Anything else now is a lovely bonus.

Mine's not even to do with the football! Wish I could claim interest, but I fear I'd be telling porkies :D

Just generally knackered. Having a gig tonight won't help, but them's the breaks!

On 7/3/2018 at 11:59 AM, Funkyfairy! said:

Morning all

Bored bored bored bored

Hello FF, I think of you each time I ring CNI in Cardiff, is that where you're based?

My least favourite hanging on the telephone moment was Virgin Media with Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers "Don't come around here no more". I'm with 3 now.

@quark, coffee is the only good thing each morning, nothing else.

18 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

Who did you go and see, Quark?

Teleman were playing a small show in Vauxhall, playing some of the new album tracks before the launch and full tour in the autumn.  Bloody awesome so they were.

15 hours ago, carlosj said:

Hello FF, I think of you each time I ring CNI in Cardiff, is that where you're based?

My least favourite hanging on the telephone moment was Virgin Media with Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers "Don't come around here no more". I'm with 3 now.

@quark, coffee is the only good thing each morning, nothing else.

CarlosJ - no idea why you think of me in Cardiff, I've never even been there, but thanks anyway :-)  I'm in the Channel islands :-)

7 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

CarlosJ - no idea why you think of me in Cardiff, I've never even been there, but thanks anyway :-)  I'm in the Channel islands :-)

So who am I thinking of?? Oh well, the neurons aren't during like they should be....

How are we all? 

I've got to do a Lip Sync battle next week in front of a few hundred people - and I've not picked songs yet. I need a simple one to start and then one to go all out for... debating Living On A Prayer (Bon Jovi) or I'm telling you (Jennifer Halliday) to start but I'm stumped. Too many choices... any guidance? 

Also @Curlygirl and @guypjfreak are you still going to Boomtown? I'm sad that @Yoghurt on a Stick can't make it but hoping to catch you! Is anyone else who frequents this thread going? 

Enjoy the rest of the glorious weather this weekend!