NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

3 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

With that image in mind, I see the error in my previous assertion.

I can only seek forgiveness.

You should have seen it in real life...I still have nightmares and it was me I was looking at.

Wasn't one of the Ralphers suffering heatstroke that afternoon?

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

You should have seen it in real life...I still have nightmares and it was me I was looking at.

I'm not sure.  I know we had to invest in a parasol and some loose clothing, which was pleasingly easy to find, followed by a spell in the medical tent.

That was the royal 'we' I was using there, obvs.

To be fair the Wednesday was a killer. Arrived in the van. Nice. Having broken down in a petrol station for 3 hours. Not so nice. Drove all mates tents onto site. Nice. Put up 2 tents. Fuck me I was so hot my xxxx deleted for general decency xxxx shorts. Awesome new glasto neighbours helped out with tents and supplied cool beers from their fridge. Love it. Still in touch. Yep. Sweet! 

Very glad I didn't have to carry kit about 2 miles. Though having said that when mates rocked up I managed about 3 car trips for them. 

Much better than the R word though. 

Edited by semmtexx

Wow there would be a few casualties in this beautiful weather.. I got really sunburnt Sunday as I was Sat drinking my cider in a field with the wife and dog vedder.. Really really loved it but couldn't help thinking that if we were to be at Glastonbury this heat would be causing problems for some.. 

On 6/24/2018 at 2:54 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Have a look at this;

Anyway, Laura has just contacted me to say that I won the tickets!  

Looks like I am going to Bestival, as well as BoomTown.

Curlygirl - do you hear that? You'll not be alone at Bestival.

Happy days are here again, la la la la la.....

Yes! Yes! Fucking yes!!! Congrats Yog!!! Very very much looking forward to meeting you! Can’t wait ? 

We will have to exchange numbers and meet up ASAP when we get set up! Or if you’re camping can we camp together?? Or near each other ☺️  

Yayy!! 

On 6/24/2018 at 3:59 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Spacey,

That's fab news. I can see a little bit of an efests meet up in the making here. Have you made any firm plans to meet up with Curlygirl, or are you doing that closer to the time? I'll PM you my name, mobile number, and personal email address shortly. :)

We have plans to meet within the festival Yog but @Spacey is camping in a prebooked camping spot which costs more and I can’t justify it. So for now I’m camping alone. I’m so excited for Bestival now! It’s gonna be fab. 

@Yoghurt on a Stick - congrats on the tickets, that's a great prize/weekend sorted! 

Hope you're all doing well. I got to take my daughter's to the zoo last week when it was closed (we were nominated by a charity), it was a great experience especially for my eldest. We got crane lifted over the lions - she loved it.

I've three and a bit weeks left of work before a much needed summer break and then Boomtown! 

Keep your sun cream topped up in this weather! ? Take care!

7 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Yes! Yes! Fucking yes!!! Congrats Yog!!! Very very much looking forward to meeting you! Can’t wait ? 

We will have to exchange numbers and meet up ASAP when we get set up! Or if you’re camping can we camp together?? Or near each other ☺️  

Yayy!! 

Hello Curlygirl,

I'll send you a PM in a bit with my 'real life' details.  Unfortunately I'm not sure at the moment whether we are camping or staying in a campervan. I reckon it might take another week before I know whether I have access to a campervan ticket, or not. If that fails I will be camping, and yes , of course, it would be good to meet up and camp together. I'll let you know, as soon as I know. :)

6 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

We have plans to meet within the festival Yog but @Spacey is camping in a prebooked camping spot which costs more and I can’t justify it. So for now I’m camping alone. I’m so excited for Bestival now! It’s gonna be fab. 

Hello again Curlygirl,

Yes, I've been in touch with Spacey. She's indicated that she'll get in touch with you closer to the time to arrange a meet up point. I was assuming that then one of you would tell me the details. That said, if I'm right, then none of us are actually familiar with the site, so it could get a little interesting trying to meet up. I'm sure it'll work out in the end though. I think there's a map of last years site arrangements on the website. It might be worth the three of us looking at that for some guidelines. I have yet to look at it. :)

29 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

@Yoghurt on a Stick - congrats on the tickets, that's a great prize/weekend sorted! 

Hope you're all doing well. I got to take my daughter's to the zoo last week when it was closed (we were nominated by a charity), it was a great experience especially for my eldest. We got crane lifted over the lions - she loved it.

I've three and a bit weeks left of work before a much needed summer break and then Boomtown! 

Keep your sun cream topped up in this weather! ? Take care!

Thanks vintage.

I'm glad that you had a great experience at the zoo with your children. Crane lifted over the lions - no that's Scary Mary territory. Apparently when I was about 5 years old my mom and dad took me (and my brothers) to a zoo, and a python slithered over the floor to me, and then started to coil itself around me (and we all know what that means).  I do actually remember the warden lifting me up and out of the initial ring that the python had made around me. I think health and safety at zoos then may not be the same as now! 

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello again Curlygirl,

Yes, I've been in touch with Spacey. She's indicated that she'll get in touch with you closer to the time to arrange a meet up point. I was assuming that then one of you would tell me the details. That said, if I'm right, then none of us are actually familiar with the site, so it could get a little interesting trying to meet up. I'm sure it'll work out in the end though. I think there's a map of last years site arrangements on the website. It might be worth the three of us looking at that for some guidelines. I have yet to look at it. :)

Hey lovely, yeah we’re all newbies To Bestival. We could arrange to meet in the carpark and go from there if you do decide to camp. Car park opens at 9am and the gates open at 12 to the festival. I’m staying with Lucy the night before so only 1.5 hours from site. Apparently the camping areas are quite hilly so a flat area would be my first choice! Yog have a listen to dubioza kolektiv. I will not be missing them. They had the whole field bouncing in the most amazing thunder a storm. The atmosphere was electric... literally! Lightening hit the stage! 

Edited by Curlygirl

24 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Yog have a listen to dubioza kolektiv. I will not be missing them. They had the whole field bouncing in the most amazing thunder a storm.

They're playing Brighton this year at the Concorde, have half an eye on getting a ticket...

55 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Hey lovely, yeah we’re all newbies To Bestival. We could arrange to meet in the carpark and go from there if you do decide to camp. Car park opens at 9am and the gates open at 12 to the festival. I’m staying with Lucy the night before so only 1.5 hours from site. Apparently the camping areas are quite hilly so a flat area would be my first choice! Yog have a listen to dubioza kolektiv. I will not be missing them. They had the whole field bouncing in the most amazing thunder a storm. The atmosphere was electric... literally! Lightening hit the stage! 

Hello Curlygirl,

It'll all depend on the campervan ticket coming through, or not. If it does then I'll drive the campervan down the day before, and stay somewhere close to the site the night before. If I don't get a campervan pass then I might drive the car down, which would mean that we could meet in the car park. :)

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Curlygirl,

It'll all depend on the campervan ticket coming through, or not. If it does then I'll drive the campervan down the day before, and stay somewhere close to the site the night before. If I don't get a campervan pass then I might drive the car down, which would mean that we could meet in the car park. :)

I’m sure there’s still campervan tickets for sale Yog! If so I’ll meet you inside the fest lovely ? 

50 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I’m sure there’s still campervan tickets for sale Yog! If so I’ll meet you inside the fest lovely ? 

Hello Curlygirl,

I did look at the site to see if there was and couldn't find the ticket area for campervan passes. That's just probably me being inept though, so don't doubt you for a moment. I'll have another look. The thing is that her indoors says she'll only go if I get a campervan ticket, as she says she's too old to camp now. If I didn't get a campervan ticket then I was toying with going on my own, although we are all aware of how that went disastrously wrong last year at Glasto. That said, I did have to break our vow not to be apart late last year for the Equinox Festival. We were due to go with a friend (Jamie, who was at Bearded Theory), and then my wife pulled out at the last minute. Now this meant that I HAD to go. I say HAD to because Jamie would never have forgiven us had we both pulled out of the event. I gave the other spare ticket to another efester. :)

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello Curlygirl,

I did look at the site to see if there was and couldn't find the ticket area for campervan passes. That's just probably me being inept though, so don't doubt you for a moment. I'll have another look. The thing is that her indoors says she'll only go if I get a campervan ticket, as she says she's too old to camp now. If I didn't get a campervan ticket then I was toying with going on my own, although we are all aware of how that went disastrously wrong last year at Glasto. That said, I did have to break our vow not to be apart late last year for the Equinox Festival. We were due to go with a friend (Jamie, who was at Bearded Theory), and then my wife pulled out at the last minute. Now this meant that I HAD to go. I say HAD to because Jamie would never have forgiven us had we both pulled out of the event. I gave the other spare ticket to another efester. :)

If you go to the ticket page, you can click on the 'skip' button if you're not wanting festival tickets. On the next page, there's a box to click on saying 'live in vehicles'. :)

Edited by mr gumby
  • Upvote 1

On 6/25/2018 at 4:37 PM, Quark said:

Yes, I 'may' have had the oul heatstroke and a visit to the medical tent but I would still have taken this weather for the team. Every year is a learning curve so this year would have been a bigger parasol, some water misting spray and definitely more sun cream. (and a caravan cos fuck tents in the baking sun)

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

Yes, I 'may' have had the oul heatstroke and a visit to the medical tent but I would still have taken this weather for the team. Every year is a learning curve so this year would have been a bigger parasol, some water misting spray and definitely more sun cream. (and a caravan cos fuck tents in the baking sun)

Nah wasn't you m'dear, someone's lady friend was laid up throwing up in their tent when I rocked up mid afternoon

5 hours ago, mr gumby said:

If you go to the ticket page, you can click on the 'skip' button if you're not wanting festival tickets. On the next page, there's a box to click on saying 'live in vehicles'. :)

Hello mr gumby,

Yes, I finally sussed it out earlier today, and have now bought a campervan ticket. Thanks all the same though. :)

Bloody lovely weather old sons but I will be honest with you if we had had this weather for Glastonbury we would have had a lot of casualties...... 

It's great tho cos we are taking our grandchildren to camp bestival they keep asking us.. Granddad is there going to be any R.. We don't want a W one cos it means it'll be a M lol 

Got to start them young ah.