NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

... time to make my own future a shit load better than it was :) onwards :)

When I was leaving I told my boss that I didn't want any speeches, presents, and that there was no way that I was having a leaving do. I did get a few cards, and much less than £50. I used to put my heart and soul in to that company, but fortunately, in the later years I just gave up working my heart out for them - in fact I had a right doss at their expense, if truth be known. I worked for a largish company (@ 1300 employees) and if your face didn't fit then you were going nowhere. I already knew this, but in the early days had pride that I was doing a great job. I must have saved that company a seven figure sum over the years (they were being ripped off in certain areas, and I put a stop to it). In the end I orchestrated my own redundancy. Something which I have absolutely no regrets about doing. Life's too short, and the old work place will still roll on without me. As the saying goes ' there's plenty of men and women in the graveyard, who thought they were indispensable. 

Good luck for the future crazyfool1. :)

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its odd ...dont think I lack in friends there ... but just think that its such a big place everyone thinks that someone else is sorting stuff and my direct manager is absolutely useless  in the end no-one does it ... peoples lives just seem to be different these days too lots of social elements have disapeared at various things i do so people dont really think twice about not attending things anymore ... such a shame ... even a friend didn't attend afterI helped get him his job back 6 months ago ... ah well life goes on ... its gonna be a good future and will definitely be spending more time doing things I enjoy and meeting people in future . Enjoy the camping :)

Ah, useless twats abound! I didn't mean my message to read negatively - hope you don't take it that way. ?

Camping will be fun, but not as much fun as in a Glastonbury field!

3 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

When I was leaving I told my boss that I didn't want any speeches, presents, and that there was no way that I was having a leaving do. I did get a few cards, and much less than £50. I used to put my heart and soul in to that company, but fortunately, in the later years I just gave up working my heart out for them - in fact I had a right doss at their expense, if truth be known. I worked for a largish company (@ 1300 employees) and if your face didn't fit then you were going nowhere. I already knew this, but in the early days had pride that I was doing a great job. I must have saved that company a seven figure sum over the years (they were being ripped off in certain areas, and I put a stop to it). In the end I orchestrated my own redundancy. Something which I have absolutely no regrets about doing. Life's too short, and the old work place will still roll on without me. As the saying goes ' there's plenty of men and women in the graveyard, who thought they were indispensable. 

Yep - and no pockets in a shroud. Enjoy life. 

28 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

fairly similar to me I would say .. although a reasonable send off would have been good ... I worked hard till the end apart from my last day and they seemed to appreciate that at the time .. now they will enjoy a new person who might last 6 months and will do a quarter of what `I did ... thanks for your words always interested in your posts :) 

28 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Ah, useless twats abound! I didn't mean my message to read negatively - hope you don't take it that way. ?

Camping will be fun, but not as much fun as in a Glastonbury field!

no offence taken ... I know what you meant and how the internet can sometimes read ( we are only one year away from  the next festival now :) ) and fancy dress prep will start to ramp up and so might my posts on here for a bit :) 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

no offence taken ... I know what you meant and how the internet can sometimes read ( we are only one year away from  the next festival now :) ) and fancy dress prep will start to ramp up and so might my posts on here for a bit :) 

Cool on all fronts!!! ?

good luck, crazyfool, and anybody else who may need some.

this morning i was out in the back garden at about 7.30am with the dogs.  lovely morning, but there was a strange smell in the air.  our next door neighbours are building a new home in their back garden, and the builders have a portaloo on site.  this morning i caught the local poo train guy emptying the thing, hence the unusual smell.

i only mention this as it seemed apt, as this weekend of they year is the only time i smell that smell, and often at a similar hour.

51 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Have a look at this;

Anyway, Laura has just contacted me to say that I won the tickets!  

Looks like I am going to Bestival, as well as BoomTown.

Curlygirl - do you hear that? You'll not be alone at Bestival.

Happy days are here again, la la la la la.....

I’m going to Bestival too. Planning to meet up with Curly Girl and hopefully meet you too. I enjoy reading your posts although I only post occasionally 

7 minutes ago, Spacey said:

I’m going to Bestival too. Planning to meet up with Curly Girl and hopefully meet you too. I enjoy reading your posts although I only post occasionally 

Hello Spacey,

That's fab news. I can see a little bit of an efests meet up in the making here. Have you made any firm plans to meet up with Curlygirl, or are you doing that closer to the time? I'll PM you my name, mobile number, and personal email address shortly. :)

Evening all, been in the van, drinking out of plastic glasses (is there a better noun for a plastic glass?), flag pole up, flags out, and now back home. @dizzymoo, if I get organised, yes, good to meet at Blue Dot. I've never been before and it's the first festival me and MrsCJ have been to together. @crazyfool1, good to hear you're making a go of it elsewhere. I left my last job when I knew the new boss wouldn't let me progress after a reorganisation, and yes, no one is indispensible, so we have 1 life to live. Mine is involving my family, alcohol, travel and as much immature new stuff as my wife will let me get away with.

On 6/23/2018 at 3:31 PM, fatyeti24 said:

Too hot, that.  Remember Wednesday, last year?

We've dodged a bullet there.

Get. Out.

The whole weekend was sat at mid-20s.  Even a certain amount of cloud cover.

I know you guys had a few sun-related issues last year, but come on.  This would have been an absolute belter.

In Yeti's defence HMV was absolutely suffering with the sun last year.  Wednesday was brutal, but I seem to recall it calming down after that?

But I don't think any of the temps I saw from the last week hit those 30 degree peaks of last year's Wednesday afternoon. I ended up putting my tent up in just my pants as wearing anything else while working under that outer sheet had left me sweating like an absolute bastard.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

In Yeti's defence HMV was absolutely suffering with the sun last year.  Wednesday was brutal, but I seem to recall it calming down after that?

But I don't think any of the temps I saw from the last week hit those 30 degree peaks of last year's Wednesday afternoon. I ended up putting my tent up in just my pants as wearing anything else while working under that outer sheet had left me sweating like an absolute bastard.

With that image in mind, I see the error in my previous assertion.

I can only seek forgiveness.