NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

41 minutes ago, Quark said:

How else would you take it? ;)

There's a definite difference in skin tone though. I know you guys are having loads done on the house but I'm calling photoshop shenanigans on this one :lol:

oh it's not photoshopped, it's just my head is the only part of my body that ever sees any sun, and my milky white torso is being illuminated by the bright underwater lights.

we got the pool up and running at the weekend, after 18 months of it being a filthy, leaky hole in the ground.  i'm even more smug than usual at the moment :D 

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, vintagelaureate said:

Thanks @noplacelikehome, we are ploughing on! I will update properly soon.

I didn't know Elvana were in Liverpool, will have a look. I saw Rhythm of the 90s at the Croissant Neuf last year, and again in Manchester last month... they've just announced they're playing Liverpool in October too. Highly recommended!

Let me know if you get tickets - we can have a mini efests meet up!

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:07 AM, Curlygirl said:

Hello my lovely!! I feel so sad that you're not festivalling this year! Why not? Can't you come to Bestival? And @lucyginger... Did you make a final final decision not to come? Or is there still a sliver of hope ;) Elvana is also on at Kendal and I hadn't planned on seeing them but now I absolutely must!! Thanx ladies!!

Would love to come to Bestival but as no Glasto  this year am using the extra hols to go away with the kids - trying not to be selfish this year (all bets off for 2019 though if we are lucky with ticket gods) .  I did go to a local kids festival last weekend - although the top draw on the main stage was Mr Tumble - so not quite in the same league as Glastonbury :)  Yes you MUST see Elvana

Edited by noplacelikehome

SIGN DOWN THE FRUIT & VEG MARKET

Get your poetry, get your poetry.

Today's special is poetry ladies and gentlemen.

Byron, get one free.

I think that maybe it's time that I went to bed now, if not to sleep, then to take stock of my current situation. It was my birthday yesterday, and I celebrated a little. One of the reasons for celebration was that I actually thought for the last year that I was the age that I only turned yesterday. I've gone and got me and extra year of life!  :)

• Like 1

On 6/5/2018 at 10:36 AM, lucyginger said:

CG I can't :( Would love to but I just can't! But I will see you before you go anyway!! :)

Yes Elvana are a must see for everyone! So much fun!! 

Oh that's a shame sweet, but i expected to go on my own so no worries. Yes you will see me on the Wednesday tea time 'ish depending on traffic etc! You will have to send me your address so I can work out journey times. Oh and you can do plaits can't you?? Will you plait my hair on Thursday monring ;)

I'm really looking forward to this summer!! Get to see quite a few of you lovely lot!!

How is everyone? The weather is magnificent... if only we were on the farm this year! 

I've had another one of those weeks... my daughter spent the day in hospital on Monday with an infection (thankfully she is okay), then I've had numerous things break (washing machine, hoover, phone), I've been on my own at work and a few other things... but hey ho... just keep hitting back. 

I had a fight with some linoleum last night. Sadly, the linoleum won and has resulted in me being on a tip run. Cause and effect! :D

Not long till Boomtown either now for those going! Can't wait... my friends all went to the Stones and are at Park-life so I'm suffering from missing out today! 

Enjoy the rest of your sun filled weekend! 

Hi @vintagelaureate, I’m so pleased your little one is ok. And let’s hope she stays that way. Tough times for you matey.

Today’s weather is perfect... and the weatherman predicts a roasting hot summer which is fab for festivals of course! My day event yesterday was fun but not a speck on Bearded Theory. I still had a great time wandering around glittering people up. At one point I sat outside the stall that charged £5 to do it, and done it for free. Had some very happy customers... mainly little girls and mummy’s. My head hurts today. 

3 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Hi @vintagelaureate, I’m so pleased your little one is ok. And let’s hope she stays that way. Tough times for you matey.

Today’s weather is perfect... and the weatherman predicts a roasting hot summer which is fab for festivals of course! My day event yesterday was fun but not a speck on Bearded Theory. I still had a great time wandering around glittering people up. At one point I sat outside the stall that charged £5 to do it, and done it for free. Had some very happy customers... mainly little girls and mummy’s. My head hurts today. 

Hi Curlygirl ... I did for a few seconds wonder who  the fb friend request was until I saw the first photo ... looks like a fantastic Summer lined up ... maybe I should do the same :) you must have a very friendly employer to be able to get all this festival time ... 8 working days left at Supermarket and then the Summer is mine to decide what im going to do going forward :) 

18 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Hi Curlygirl ... I did for a few seconds wonder who  the fb friend request was until I saw the first photo ... looks like a fantastic Summer lined up ... maybe I should do the same :) you must have a very friendly employer to be able to get all this festival time ... 8 working days left at Supermarket and then the Summer is mine to decide what im going to do going forward :) 

Oh exciting times for you Crazyfool!! I've seen you're not sure what you'll be doing for employment yet? Aren't you a little bit nervous?

Yeah I have a fab summer lined up mate... And you so should do the same... You are more than welcome to join me in having fun! My employer isn't as much understanding as my colleagues! I have worked so many hours up until now for them, and now they are paying me back.

Hello lovelies, apologies for my protracted absence.  I keep intending to post then realise I have loads of pages to catch up on.  Anyway, I've finally caught up (though may not remember it all, so apologies for missing people out)  Envying you your fab summer @Curlygirl, love the hat.  Bearded Theory isn't too far from us, must check it out. Great news that your daughter is still doing ok @vintagelaureate, despite the odd blip.  Glad that you're still managing to stay with us @Yoghurt on a Stick, despite losing your strides in a thunder storm.  We had huge storms all around us that day, but never overhead.  Found out later that greenhouses were smashed and cars dented by huge hailstones which fell a few miles away.  Hope you have a great festivalling summer @crazyfool1 and job hunting goes well when you get round to it.  I have swimming pool envy @fatyeti24.  Also have a similarly milky white torso which I have no intention of showing off here. Hope life is being kind to all NFR folk.

We aren't going to a festival en famille this year, but I'm off to Citadel with Mr Moo in a few weeks to see Tame Impala, and then to Bluedot with my bestie the weekend after.  @carlosj  I see you're going - maybe we can meet up?  I've never been before but am determined to see the Chemical Brothers as I've always managed to miss them at Glastonbury.  My friend's only there on the Saturday so I'll be on my own on the Sunday (which is obviously the only reason I'd want to meet you Carlos ?).  We'll probably go to Godiva as it's free but so far the only confirmed act seems to be Ronan Keating, so no compelling reason to go yet!

Youngest has finished his AS exams without any apparent problems,  and seems to be doing fine.  A few weeks ago, he mentioned as he was leaving for the bus in the morning "The Archbishop of Canterbury is visiting the school on Thursday, so I'll be home later than usual".  Not a sentence I ever expected to hear from him.

We went to our first festival of the summer yesterday, in the next village,  entry fee £3.  There were a few local bands playing and it was ok (worth the money...).  At some point I got bitten by an insect, and a few hours later I noticed a red area spreading up my arm from the bite.  After an emergency visit to the GP (the fourth patient he'd seen today with an infected insect bite) I now have antibiotics, which I'm hoping will actually start working soon!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Morning all!

Morning Sawdusty.

It's a cracking morning weather wise here. Unfortunately I've had very little sleep, and have a million and one things to do today. If it weren't for the weather being so nice, I reckon I'd be feeling really sorry for myself right now. I've got to drive back to Birmingham, for a variety of reasons. It's going to be a long day over there, then I've got the drive back. Ho hum!

Hope you all have a lovely day.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:16 AM, dizzymoo said:

Hello lovelies, apologies for my protracted absence.  I keep intending to post then realise I have loads of pages to catch up on.  Anyway, I've finally caught up (though may not remember it all, so apologies for missing people out)  Envying you your fab summer @Curlygirl, love the hat.  Bearded Theory isn't too far from us, must check it out. Great news that your daughter is still doing ok @vintagelaureate, despite the odd blip.  Glad that you're still managing to stay with us @Yoghurt on a Stick, despite losing your strides in a thunder storm.  We had huge storms all around us that day, but never overhead.  Found out later that greenhouses were smashed and cars dented by huge hailstones which fell a few miles away.  Hope you have a great festivalling summer @crazyfool1 and job hunting goes well when you get round to it.  I have swimming pool envy @fatyeti24.  Also have a similarly milky white torso which I have no intention of showing off here. Hope life is being kind to all NFR folk.

We aren't going to a festival en famille this year, but I'm off to Citadel with Mr Moo in a few weeks to see Tame Impala, and then to Bluedot with my bestie the weekend after.  @carlosj  I see you're going - maybe we can meet up?  I've never been before but am determined to see the Chemical Brothers as I've always managed to miss them at Glastonbury.  My friend's only there on the Saturday so I'll be on my own on the Sunday (which is obviously the only reason I'd want to meet you Carlos ?).  We'll probably go to Godiva as it's free but so far the only confirmed act seems to be Ronan Keating, so no compelling reason to go yet!

Youngest has finished his AS exams without any apparent problems,  and seems to be doing fine.  A few weeks ago, he mentioned as he was leaving for the bus in the morning "The Archbishop of Canterbury is visiting the school on Thursday, so I'll be home later than usual".  Not a sentence I ever expected to hear from him.

We went to our first festival of the summer yesterday, in the next village,  entry fee £3.  There were a few local bands playing and it was ok (worth the money...).  At some point I got bitten by an insect, and a few hours later I noticed a red area spreading up my arm from the bite.  After an emergency visit to the GP (the fourth patient he'd seen today with an infected insect bite) I now have antibiotics, which I'm hoping will actually start working soon!

Hello dizzymoo,

Happy to hear that your youngest is doing well. There seems to be a fair number of insects biting people out there. My wife's been bitten all over the place - by insects that is! I too have been bitten, and rarely get a bite. I may be forced to run around the garden with my mouth open to see how many flying insects I can catch, and then bite the bastards back. Yes, that's the trick. The neighbour will be happy to witness this development, I'm sure!

Hi Guys!! I fricking love summer!

Went to the theatre last night to see Priscilla... Queen of the desert, Oh how I laughed!! A friend of mine that I met through festivalling last year was in the chorus so it was that extra bit special. We drank so much wine afterwards, and had a right old giggle and gossip. She was also at Bearded Theory and it was the first time I'd seen her since so it was really lovely to reminisce.

I'm off to Gainsborough to visit friends on Sunday, then off to Spain to see the parentals on Tuesday. And then it'll be nearly time for the next party in a field Yaaaayyyy!!

Hope you're all well? @dizzymoo Thats fab news about your son, he really has come on leaps and bounds.

I've had an art piece accepted in to a (small) art gallery's up coming summer art exhibition. The art piece is actually two pieces, and is the cyborgs that I posted already, way back in time. I'll try to post them again here, but don't hold your breath, as I fear that you may go purple! Anyway, there's 'running repairs' needed on it, so am about to start that soon - maybe even now - as in a bit.

DSCN0520.JPG

DSCN0523.JPG

DSCN0521.JPG