NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

59 minutes ago, Quark said:

Cheers G, would much rather you'd concentrated on getting twatted than replying to me!

I suspect I'm going to have a few questions that aren't covered by the FAQs on the BD website, so if you don't mind I'll DM you a couple later.  There'l be a cider in it for you when you're off shift! :drinks:

No worries at all, ask away! :)

On 5/27/2018 at 11:53 PM, Quark said:

Enjoyed a big ol' family bbq today, managed to get control of the tunes so introduced my family to War on Drugs, Baloji, First Aid Kit and Mono Club whilst drinking beer and munching food. 

Everyone's now in bed so I'm stretched out on the sofa with a dark and stormy listening to Jon Hopkins. All feels wrong that we won't be doing this in Somerset in a few weeks :(

Do you not like your family my big eared friend? Can't think why anyone would subject their loved ones to wrangler rock like WOD. :P

12 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Do you not like your family my big eared friend? Can't think why anyone would subject their loved ones to wrangler rock like WOD. :P

You go too far madam! :D

Pics of the house look amazin' btw :)

When you paint for 4 hours and the painting looks no different.... Bloody tired.. But got baby Ruby tomo and if I don't go out weekend then I will have it done... 

O and some family news from the Freak family I'm going to be a granddad again.. SO THAT WILL BE TWO NEXT YEAR lol.. G

27 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

When you paint for 4 hours and the painting looks no different.... Bloody tired.. But got baby Ruby tomo and if I don't go out weekend then I will have it done... 

O and some family news from the Freak family I'm going to be a granddad again.. SO THAT WILL BE TWO NEXT YEAR lol.. G

Lovely stuff :)

56 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Congratulations Guy!!! 

It was my first day in real clothes and outdoors meeting non festival people today. I hated it. I’m so tired after Bearded but oh my god what a fantastic weekend. One of my personal highlights was watching @mr gumby laughing so much he couldn’t breath to Mik Artistic!! Bloody brilliant! I don’t want to upset anyone or the ticket gods but I actually think I had as much fun at BT than at Glasto!!! Met some beautiful people that is camp Twat, who will be forever friends... just like you lovely lot ?

10 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

One of my personal highlights was watching @mr gumby laughing so much he couldn’t breath to Mik Artistic!! 

Saw Mik for the first time last year on that scorching Wed afternoon. Unvelievably for an act that's there every year (several times) he was one of my absolute highlights of the festival!

On 5/28/2018 at 10:50 AM, vintagelaureate said:

How was Common People @lucyginger?

I follow a blog on Instagram who went - I think they're called Lucy and ginger too (!?) - it looked good from the snippets I saw.

It was really good! The music Saturday wasn't too great, but we had a brilliant time anyway. However, I have never seen so many twatted people at one festival ever! It was ridiculous! Now I know I love to get twatted, but this was another level! Sunday was better, the music was brilliant and there were less young people on a mission to take as many pills as possible. 

One of my friends was security, he said they had to eject loads of people on Saturday just because of the state they were in!! 

It didn't get in the way of having a good time though, and we danced loads and saw some great bands. The highlights were Elvana - an Elvis fronted Nirvana covers band. They were fantastic! If you get the chance, go see them!! Other highlight was The Jacksons, they know how to put on a show. All in all, a great weekend :) 

Ooh I don't do Instagram, someone is clearly doing it for me! Haha! 

13 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Congratulations, Grandad Guy!! :) 

• Upvote 1

hello all - quick pop in to say hi am really missing Glasto so trying not to look on here too much as it makes me think of where we would all be in a few weeks time (ticket gods permitting)

@guypjfreak congrats on more grandkids - do you know, when typing your name then I realised that the pj was for pearl jam for the first time - in my head I always thought it meant you loved pyjamas !

@Curlygirl your BT photos looked awesome, am very jealous of you and @mrgumby  - I am getting upset that I wont see Mik Artistik this year which shows you how bad my withdrawal is

HMV and Yeti loving your house photos

Lucy G - Elvana ARE BRILLIANT - saw them last year at Camp Bestival and had so much fun - have booked tickets to see them in Liverpool in October they were so good, would go down a treat in Williams Green

Vintage - hope all well with your family atm

Yog - you are as bonkers as ever - did you ever find out what happened to your trousers?

And to all of you other lovelies hope all is well in your worlds, have a great weekend, will be back on here a bit more after June when I have had to accept I am not going to worthy this year xxx

52 minutes ago, noplacelikehome said:

hello all - quick pop in to say hi am really missing Glasto so trying not to look on here too much as it makes me think of where we would all be in a few weeks time (ticket gods permitting)

@guypjfreak congrats on more grandkids - do you know, when typing your name then I realised that the pj was for pearl jam for the first time - in my head I always thought it meant you loved pyjamas !

@Curlygirl your BT photos looked awesome, am very jealous of you and @mrgumby  - I am getting upset that I wont see Mik Artistik this year which shows you how bad my withdrawal is

Lucy G - Elvana ARE BRILLIANT - saw them last year at Camp Bestival and had so much fun - have booked tickets to see them in Liverpool in October they were so good, would go down a treat in Williams Green

Yog - you are as bonkers as ever - did you ever find out what happened to your trousers?

And to all of you other lovelies hope all is well in your worlds, have a great weekend, will be back on here a bit more after June when I have had to accept I am not going to worthy this year xxx

Hello noplacelikehome,

My jeans did re-appear. Apparently they were wrapped up in some other material in the chalet at the back of the garden. Why I took them off, and how they got tangled within other material, I guess I'll never know.

Wishing you a great weekend too. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Quark said:

Saw Mik for the first time last year on that scorching Wed afternoon. Unvelievably for an act that's there every year (several times) he was one of my absolute highlights of the festival!

I've seen Mik and the lads a fair few times at Glasto, but the set on the woodland stage at BT was the funniest, no question. You know how some people hear a joke on Facebook or whatever, and reply with an over-exaggerated 'I'm literally dying!'? For once, that wouldn't be far off! I was doubled over with laughing, and seriously struggling to breathe. Tears streaming and everything! :D

Thanks @noplacelikehome, we are ploughing on! I will update properly soon.

I didn't know Elvana were in Liverpool, will have a look. I saw Rhythm of the 90s at the Croissant Neuf last year, and again in Manchester last month... they've just announced they're playing Liverpool in October too. Highly recommended!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, noplacelikehome said:

Lol top of the range... Thanks.. I've got my baby Ruby in kitchen with nan making cakes lol 

59 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

I've seen Mik and the lads a fair few times at Glasto, but the set on the woodland stage at BT was the funniest, no question. You know how some people hear a joke on Facebook or whatever, and reply with an over-exaggerated 'I'm literally dying!'? For once, that wouldn't be far off! I was doubled over with laughing, and seriously struggling to breathe. Tears streaming and everything! :D

Oh man, those laughs are rare and bloody amazing. No feeling like it, happy days.

46 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I didn't know Elvana were in Liverpool, will have a look. I saw Rhythm of the 90s at the Croissant Neuf last year, and again in Manchester last month... they've just announced they're playing Liverpool in October too. Highly recommended!

Aye, saw them in Brighton last year. Proper fun, closed with Set You Free and blew the roof off :D

19 hours ago, noplacelikehome said:

Hello my lovely!! I feel so sad that you're not festivalling this year! Why not? Can't you come to Bestival? And @lucyginger... Did you make a final final decision not to come? Or is there still a sliver of hope ;) Elvana is also on at Kendal and I hadn't planned on seeing them but now I absolutely must!! Thanx ladies!!

15 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Watching you watching him was even funnier than watching him!!! He was funnier in the woodlands. Maybe it was the setting. or the fact we could see his facial expressions so clearly! I don't know. But it was just brilliant.