NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

Hello!!

Hope we're all well! 

I'm off to Common People in Southampton this weekend, it's a 2 day thing, no camping, and is very near me so even better! The weather looks quite iffy, I may be taking a very big one for the team, as it were! ;) 

3 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Hello!!

Hope we're all well! 

I'm off to Common People in Southampton this weekend, it's a 2 day thing, no camping, and is very near me so even better! The weather looks quite iffy, I may be taking a very big one for the team, as it were! ;) 

Enjoy Lucy! Don't know how the stages work there, but I'd definitely recommend catching Honeyblood if you've not seen them before :)

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Enjoy Lucy! Don't know how the stages work there, but I'd definitely recommend catching Honeyblood if you've not seen them before :)

Thanks!! There's the main stage, and a couple of smaller tents, I think I'll be at the main stage for most of it though! 

I've heard of them, have they played Glastonbury? I'm going to do a bit of festival research this afternoon so will look them up, cheers! :)

7 minutes ago, lucyginger said:

Thanks!! There's the main stage, and a couple of smaller tents, I think I'll be at the main stage for most of it though! 

I've heard of them, have they played Glastonbury? I'm going to do a bit of festival research this afternoon so will look them up, cheers! :)

I think they have, but I saw them down in Brighton last year. For two people they make a hell of a racket :)

Well, it's finally happened! I've managed to surprise myself. I left the house about an hour ago (I think) wearing jeans (of which, I am certain). I have now returned to the house, but am minus my jeans (this is undoubtedly the case). However, I have no idea where my jeans are. 

Just when I thought I was safe!  lol

As an aside, I do remember witnessing a very theatrical thunder and lightning storm earlier. 

Hope all on here are having fun right now.

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Well, it's finally happened! I've managed to surprise myself. I left the house about an hour ago (I think) wearing jeans (of which, I am certain). I have now returned to the house, but am minus my jeans (this is undoubtedly the case). However, I have no idea where my jeans are. 

Just when I thought I was safe!  lol

As an aside, I do remember witnessing a very theatrical thunder and lightning storm earlier. 

Hope all on here are having fun right now.

Now that sounds like an evening..!

So, a synopsis seems to be weddings, meh, Beautiful Days, no trousers? I am getting excited for T day now, and have persuaded MrsCJ to go to Blue Dot as our festival this year, the first time we've been to one together. Blue dot may be my chance of seeing non-musical activities, as I tend to stick to bands at Glastonbury. @Yoghurt on a Stick, we wished we'd had chance to see that storm but we are too far oop t'North.

The best thing about today has been that it doesn't turn into a work day tomorrow, combined with great ice cream from Pickering at lunch. I'm also supping the first home made beer I've done for 20+ years, so I will be practicing more of that for future events, I'm certainly not delaying that till Glastonbury.

Enjoyed a big ol' family bbq today, managed to get control of the tunes so introduced my family to War on Drugs, Baloji, First Aid Kit and Mono Club whilst drinking beer and munching food. 

Everyone's now in bed so I'm stretched out on the sofa with a dark and stormy listening to Jon Hopkins. All feels wrong that we won't be doing this in Somerset in a few weeks :(

On 5/23/2018 at 9:49 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Helllo Curlygirl,

He's an angel. I'm quite certain of it. 

By the way - your sleuthing skills are off the scale, in my opinion. :)

I’m afraid I didn’t find him Yog, nor @guypjfreaks brother geezer or @deebeedoobee brother Ad. It was bigger than I thought!! I did meet up with other efesters and Glasto chatters tho so all was good! 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Quark said:

How was it CG?

Absolutely amazing!! Just wrote this in the BT thread...

Well I am just about recovering from the weekend and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed everything about it!! There isn’t a thing I would change. The rain didn’t bother me at all! Jumping around like a lunatic to Dubioza was my absolute highlight!!! Met the most beautiful people including the lovely @paddyclark, loved the line up and the bars! Woodland is an awesome stage and the sound from the Pallet stage was spot on. The bars were all reasonably priced and had loads of choice! And the toaster stall.. well let’s just say I need more goats cheese and onion marmalade in my life!! @Yoghurt on a Stick You have to go next year!! I still owe you many pints for making Jessie!! I’d love nothing more than to sit on the grass and talk to you in real life about your adventures!! I will be there every year from now on without a doubt. 

3 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I’m afraid I didn’t find him Yog, nor @guypjfreaks brother geezer or @deebeedoobee brother Ad. It was bigger than I thought!! I did meet up with other efesters and Glasto chatters tho so all was good! 

No worries CG thanks and I'm glad you had a good time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

Absolutely amazing!! Just wrote this in the BT thread...

Well I am just about recovering from the weekend and have to say I thoroughly enjoyed everything about it!! There isn’t a thing I would change. The rain didn’t bother me at all! Jumping around like a lunatic to Dubioza was my absolute highlight!!! Met the most beautiful people including the lovely @paddyclark, loved the line up and the bars! Woodland is an awesome stage and the sound from the Pallet stage was spot on. The bars were all reasonably priced and had loads of choice! And the toaster stall.. well let’s just say I need more goats cheese and onion marmalade in my life!! @Yoghurt on a Stick You have to go next year!! I still owe you many pints for making Jessie!! I’d love nothing more than to sit on the grass and talk to you in real life about your adventures!! I will be there every year from now on without a doubt. 

Glad you had a good time.  Really enjoyed your pictures.

great festival Bearded.

Hi everyone :)

i concur with what @Curlygirl said, Bearded was superb! Quite a trek from Somerset, but we'll worth it. The crowd was so friendly, the sound was great, the range of acts was excellent. I'm only just beginning to function like a normal (ish) human being again, but I'm already convinced I'll be paying many more visits to Derbyshire in the years to come! :)

On 5/24/2018 at 3:38 PM, Quark said:

So what do I need to know about BD then Gumby?  Is it similar to Glasto with stuff going on into the night on a reduced scale, or is lights out and back to the tents after 11pm? 

Sorry about the slow reply, Quark, I've been getting twatted in a field all weekend! :D

I think it's just the Little Big Top (dance tent) that goes on late. As I recall, they go until 2a.m., followed by a silent disco. The other stages finish by midnight. Any other questions, give me a shout! :)

Just now, mr gumby said:

Sorry about the slow reply, Quark, I've been getting twatted in a field all weekend! :D

I think it's just the Little Big Top (dance tent) that goes on late. As I recall, they go until 2a.m., followed by a silent disco. The other stages finish by midnight. Any other questions, give me a shout! :)

Cheers G, would much rather you'd concentrated on getting twatted than replying to me!

I suspect I'm going to have a few questions that aren't covered by the FAQs on the BD website, so if you don't mind I'll DM you a couple later.  There'l be a cider in it for you when you're off shift! :drinks: