NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

And finally, woohoo!  Beautiful Days tix booked :)

Taking my brother, he's never done a camping fest before and the only one he's done at all is Download with a hotel room. It's my first BD but obviously got more of an idea of what it's going to be like from Glasto.  He's really gotten into the outdoors and looking after mental wellbeing over the last couple of years, so properly looking forward to setting him loose :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Quark said:

And finally, woohoo!  Beautiful Days tix booked :)

Taking my brother, he's never done a camping fest before and the only one he's done at all is Download with a hotel room. It's my first BD but obviously got more of an idea of what it's going to be like from Glasto.  He's really gotten into the outdoors and looking after mental wellbeing over the last couple of years, so properly looking forward to setting him loose :D

Whoop! See you there! :)

Van passed mot. Very happy 

Organised camping trip for tomo and as I was pissed yesterday what was a 3van and maybe 2 tents has turned into half of Boscombe going camping.. Wtf have I done... Not very happy very anxious lol 

9 hours ago, lucyginger said:

One year I will get to Beautiful Days!! It's the weekend after Boomtown though and I can see myself doing Boomtown often now!! 

Whereabouts in NZ are you, Mr Moth? My nephew was born in Wellington :) 

I’m in Auckland, need to get around a bit more though.

i don't much concern myself with the royal family, but it feels nice to turn on the tv and see people enjoying themselves instead of the usual awfulness of the news.  i get the cynical argument that it's just a distraction, but what's wrong with that?

the other news stories today would be:

another school shooting in the states

a plane crash in cuba

probably something kicking off in the middle east

donald trump has most likely said something

brexit, as usual

most of that stuff (brexit aside but that's been in the news daily for over two fucking years now), as tragic as it may be to those involved, concerns my life just as little, maybe less, than the royal wedding.

i therefore suggest that the news be made up more of people having a nice time.  i think that'd be good.

(and please, United, win the FA Cup too.  thanks)

• Upvote 1

Not a way I'd looked at it previously Yeti. While I'm firmly in the camp of hoping they're happy but have no interest whatsoever (basically any wedding of people I don't know) I suppose it is nice for there to be something other than dreadfulness on the news.

I like your thinking.

Hope you are all going to have a fantastic weekend.. 

Congratulations to the royals... I love my queen.... 

Congratulations to whoever wins the football... Don't care about it but some do 

Stay safe I'm off to get drunk in a field with some friends.. 

6 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Stay safe I'm off to get drunk in a field with some friends

Now that's something I can get on board with!

No booze for me this  sunny day. Prepping for next year's trek from the car parks to Big Ground by taking part in a 10 mile cross country race with a 35lb rucksack in Colchester tomorrow! Will almost definitely have a beer afterwards though :D

Edited by Quark

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Now that's something I can get on board with!

No booze for me this  sunny day. Prepping for next year's trek from the car parks to Big Ground by taking part in a 10 mile cross country race with a 35lb rucksack in Colchester tomorrow! Will almost definitely have a beer afterwards though :D

Bloody hell.. Good luck old son.. 

My wife's sister married a hugely successful impresario. They are both down the bottom of my garden, with my wife, around a camp fire. They are more than a little tiddly. However, they don't know (or would approve) that me and the misses have had a military grade e and a shed load of speed. It will be an interesting night, I'm sure. Laters!

On 5/19/2018 at 9:55 PM, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My wife's sister married a hugely successful impresario. They are both down the bottom of my garden, with my wife, around a camp fire. They are more than a little tiddly. However, they don't know (or would approve) that me and the misses have had a military grade e and a shed load of speed. It will be an interesting night, I'm sure. Laters!

Living the dream Yog! 

I hope all you folks are well, and have a good week ahead! 

I'm sat doing excessive marking late into the night, and contemplating many things! 

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Living the dream Yog! 

I hope all you folks are well, and have a good week ahead! 

I'm sat doing excessive marking late into the night, and contemplating many things! 

It certainly was living the dream, if only briefly. The guests brought us gifts of Lanson champagne, and two bottles of red from his cellar, which I naughtily looked up on line and cost £60 each! We drank the champagne but still, somehow, have the bottles of red. It was the end of a long run of visitors which started about 10 days ago and only finished when the latest visitors left yesterday afternoon. As a result we were pretty wiped out yesterday evening / night. 

I hope that you and your family are well too vintage, and that you also have a great week ahead.

On 5/15/2018 at 9:28 PM, mr gumby said:

Whoop! See you there! :)

So what do I need to know about BD then Gumby?  Is it similar to Glasto with stuff going on into the night on a reduced scale, or is lights out and back to the tents after 11pm?